Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
Results 346 to 359 of 359
  1. #346

    Default

    With all due respect Titanic, I don’t see how you can say that about Thompson who seems to give everything
    he has on every single play, compared to Don who is 3 years older and is fine with just skipping his way into the defence on kick returns

  2. #347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    My only issue with Thompson is who heís keeping out ... I know business is business and Iíll be totally fine if he gets the nod but I think this year more than any other, an up and comer should get the spot.
    Why should an up and comer get the spot? I want the best players to get the spots and from what I have seen Thompson is better, at this stage, than anyone else.

  3. #348
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    8,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    With all due respect Titanic, I don’t see how you can say that about Thompson who seems to give everything
    he has on every single play, compared to Don who is 3 years older and is fine with just skipping his way into the defence on kick returns
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Why should an up and comer get the spot? I want the best players to get the spots and from what I have seen Thompson is better, at this stage, than anyone else.
    Sorry lads, I totally understand and don't entirely disagree with your opinions. I do agree that Thompson gives his all every time (no doubt) and I also have frustrations with Don running like a cross field giraffe but I think that we aren't going to win the comp this year although we will certainly challenge for the finals. So now is the time to blood the "up and comers" for the big push next year ... just my opinion :-) why Don and not Thompson? Because Kelly is settled on the left therefor that wing spot is a better transition and the right centre is not settled therefore Don can stay for a while. But not overly fixated with that ... just bring it on.

    Also I add that, imho, Thompson offers a lot more than Peachey or Boyd at 14. He can play the outside back cover of course but I feel he has all the potential to cover 9 as well.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-03-21 at 05:41 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  4. #349
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    36,643

    Default

    I agree that Thompson brings an energy and work ethic to the team. New age Michael Hancock IMO. He never says die.
    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, MAROONS, KANGAROOS
    NUTS

  5. #350

    Default

    Hopped into the same lift with Phil Gould here on the coast and he obviously just checked in at the same hotel I am staying at. Not sure why he would be here on the coast with no footy on this weekend
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 05-03-21 at 06:30 PM.

  6. #351

    Default

    I have no idea why anyone would visit the GC if not for footy

  7. #352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Hopped into the same lift with Phil Gould here on the coast and he obviously just checked in at the same hotel I am staying at. Not sure why he would be here on the coast with no footy on this weekend
    Just saw a post where he said he will be at redcliffe tomorrow watching some warriors play in a game

  8. #353
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    36,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Just saw a post where he said he will be at redcliffe tomorrow watching some warriors play in a game
    My conspiracy theories started to form, then I realised that he is involved with the Warriors now. Dolphins are a Warriors feeder.
    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, MAROONS, KANGAROOS
    NUTS

  9. #354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Just saw a post where he said he will be at redcliffe tomorrow watching some warriors play in a game
    I would say he would be here for
    More than that as Gold Coast is 2 hours away from Redcliffe and he would stay in his normal Brisbane hotel if that was the case

  10. #355
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    4,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would say he would be here for
    More than that as Gold Coast is 2 hours away from Redcliffe and he would stay in his normal Brisbane hotel if that was the case
    They're playing at Souths Logan home ground in Acacia Ridge. I'm fairly certain he's just come up to watch Redcliffe play which includes a few of the Warriors squad members.
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  11. #356
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    8,449

    Default

    Where there’s smoke there’s fire; where there’s Gould there’s something devious happening ... like recruit for 17th team.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-03-21 at 02:56 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  12. #357
    QLD Cup
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Any updates on how the Titans players went in the trial last night?

  13. #358
    Kangaroo
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,449

    Default

    Tannah Boyd did himself no harm for a bench spot and Sam Lisone the same for Burleigh. Unfortunately Greg Marzhew hurt his shoulder, not sure that it was too serious but....

    Lofi Khan-Pereira scored a double in the Trial Two match too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Any updates on how the Titans players went in the trial last night?

  14. #359

    Default

    How did Fermor, Mcintyre and Ese-Ese look? Will be interesting to see which of those 3 and Lisone get spots on the bench. Peachy and either Joliffe or Wallace are locked in for 2 bench spots, so its out of those 4 for the other 2.
    Last edited by hangingon; 07-03-21 at 12:32 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew