Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Whilst I know we still appeared undecided on a 6, I still think our biggest need is a quality edge backrower.

Personally I am hoping for Ryley Jacks in the halves. Whilst no superstar he is very good defensively and possesses a good kicking game (left footed too) which will take some pressure off Ash.

But watching this weekends games the thing that jumped out to me is the edge forwards and the impact they can have. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crighton, Boyd Cordner, Viliame Kikau, Isaiah Yeo, Wade Graham, David Fafita, Tyson Frizzell and Tariq Sims. What I wouldn't give for a player like that out wide.

I think Hipgrave (remembering this was his first season) tried hard and will improve, but I think he might be better in the middle. Unfortunately we have plenty of stock there. Cartwright from a potential basis could be ideal, but based on what we saw this year he would need a massive attitude adjustment and his defence would need to improve out of sight.

Also was impressed by Zac Lomax in the centres today for Dragons. Impressive young kid. Hopefully Peachey sticks to his word as he would definitely be one centre. Am still keen for Sami to get an opportunity there and see how he goes.
    Keep an eye out for Alex Glenn. He would fill the Left edge hole for a few years while allowing Hipgrave to develop further.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think we thought we were getting a good edge back rower when we signed Proctor.

That sentence makes me sound like tweety bird from Looney Tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Keep an eye out for Alex Glenn. He would fill the Left edge hole for a few years while allowing Hipgrave to develop further.
    Yep, i have mentioned him previously and i think he might be odd man out if brncos re-sign Pangai jnr.

Would definitely be happy for Glenn for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think we thought we were getting a good edge back rower when we signed Proctor.

That sentence makes me sound like tweety bird from Looney Tunes.
    I rate Proctor really highly and so did Henry when he signed him. We need to remember that Proctor played on an edge with Cronk and Chambers so he didn’t have to doubt and of his team mates in the defensive line. Before Proctor came to us he was in the top three Backrowers for few errors per game in the NRL. So it’s easy to see that his error rate in defence and his attacking strike rate have suffered when Taylor’s form has been up and down and the centre outside him has changed a few times over the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Yep, i have mentioned him previously and i think he might be odd man out if brncos re-sign Pangai jnr.

Would definitely be happy for Glenn for a couple of years.
    It’s been suggested that the Broncos would not stand in his way if he can get a contract else where. You’re right if they keep signing the young blokes it may help Glenn out the door. He is the style of backrower we need to that right edge ( good on defence and can score a try. ). Also his professionalism would be a boost around our young blokes as well.

Also read that Shannon Boyd has already bought a place up here so shows that he is looking forward to playing next year up here as well !!
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

In Bennetts post game last night he used the excuse of injuries to his edge back rowers then Su'a earlier in the season as the reason for the Broncos failure. I took that to mean Gillett and Glenn. Clearly he still values both their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    In Bennetts post game last night he used the excuse of injuries to his edge back rowers then Su'a earlier in the season as the reason for the Broncos failure. I took that to mean Gillett and Glenn. Clearly he still values both their experience.
    Those 2 are massive outs for the Bronx
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Those 2 are massive outs for the Bronx
    I think that's apparent every time Roberts has to make a decision and make a tackle. Makes you wonder what's so good about having ten coaches if Roberts is still is a defensive liability after going to the almighty Broncos where all "learn" so much.

Apart from the angst of Roberts dissing us, his form has been nothing short of awful during and since Origin. He’s lost all his flare and although he’s bulked up somewhat his penetration has diminished. Considering his defensive issues too I reckon he is a major worry for the ‘Ponies.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Apart from the angst of Roberts dissing us, his form has been nothing short of awful during and since Origin. He’s lost all his flare and although he’s bulked up somewhat his penetration has diminished. Considering his defensive issues too I reckon he is a major worry for the ‘Ponies.

He should also go and get a healthy amount of salt and vinegar for the chips he has on both shoulders.

Reckon he wakes up angry at the world every day

Peachey wants out of Gold Coast Titans deal

Penrith centre Tyrone Peachey has declared he does not want to move to the Gold Coast next season despite signing a three-year deal with the Titans.

Peachey agreed to the contract with the Titans in March but on Wednesday he said he had instructed his manager, Sam Ayoub, that he wanted to stay with the Panthers.

The NSW representative said he did not want to relocate his young family and had recently bought a house in western Sydney.

Peachey will line up in the centres for the Panthers in Friday night's sudden-death semi-final against the Cronulla Sharks at Allianz Stadium.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/12/...t-titans-deal/

- - - Updated - - -

Not good news at all, unless we can get Maloney I see no silver lining in this.

A contract is a contract. And especially with our club we got to stop people using us as a door mat.

had recently bought a house in western Sydney.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I actually can’t believe this is happening again, and better yet I can’t believe the NRL is allowing it to happen again. What happened to contracts being legally binding documents that cannot be easily broken?

I hope we don’t fal over easily in this. Hold the sword to him and Penrith. We must at least get compensation in the form of a player or two transfer.

Players I would take from Panthers:
    1. Maloney
    2. Kikau
    3. Waqa Blake

Compensation in the form of returning Cartwright to them.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

As soon as the rumblings started with Peachey having second thoughts about coming here I was off him 100%. While I dont like the fact we have another high profile signing backflipping on us, I think this puts us in a position to play hardball and perhaps end up better off.

The NRL needs to step in here and put some penalties in place for the player and the club involved. What are the chances of the NRL allowing us some extra room in our salary cap for next year to compensate the club??