Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I trust Gould about as much as I hearing his voice. I highly doubt Brennan would be considered. They're (IMO) obviously trying to get Papa Cleary back to keep Lil' Cleary.
    And if Cleary decides to stay where he is....

Then I'd wonder if it wasn't a giant ploy by the Riff to get out of all their **** contracts by sending them here before Gareth returned. Hahahaha.

“Hey Gus, I’ve gotten a bit of experience up here on the Goldy and I can bring some quality players with me ... Latu, Cartwright and a gun forward Will Matthews.”
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

I’ll be interested to see what goes down if Cleary does the right thing and stays with Wests

Anyway if Gould is being truthful which he probably isn’t then there’s a 33% likelihood that Brennan sent him his CV overnight. Pretty good odds if you are gambling.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 07-08-18 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    what is that link for? is it due to the paywall?

First Grader

To get around the paywall

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    To get around the paywall
    ah ok, cheers.

i have been using a chrome extension that auto skips it so i sort of forgot about paywalls unless some random posts a link in twitter or something and then i want to punch them in the throat

Brennan isn’t going anywhere. He will only go back if Gould’s plan A, B , and C don’t come about.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Hypothetical: what if we get the Wooden Spoon and The Drongoes and Bennett part company??

I’m typing this as Parramatta are leading St Merge 16-0

The Spoon is looming larger and larger by the minute

If anyone wants to see an interesting viewpoint from a great footy brain, jump onto the foxsports website and watch Matty Johns talk footy from NRL 360 last night and how young half's should be playing one of the best analgises I have ever seen about key principles in setting up the plays, it will open your mind up and see why Garth needs more Matty time for Ash.

Inactive User

Garth Brennan has been given a one year extension and is Coach till the end of 2020 now

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....32be99a1b6d48c
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-11-18 at 08:00 PM.

Inactive User

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan signs contract extension amid finals expectations

TITANS owner Darryl Kelly has challenged Garth Brennan to deliver the club a finals berth in 2019 after granting the Gold Coast coach a contract extension.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Brennan has secured a one-year extension that will keep him at the helm of the Titans until at least 2020.

Brennan had a performance clause in the two-year deal he originally signed to join the Titans, but club powerbrokers have opted to extend his tenure to bring stability to the Gold Coast.

The decision will allow Brennan to focus on next year without the worry of being off-contract after the Titans finished 14th last season in his first year at the club.

But the show of faith brings higher expectations with co-owner Kelly declaring he wants to see the Titans play finals football for the first time since 2016.

Brennan couldn’t take the Titans back to the finals in his first year as coach. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
    MORE NRL NEWS

BRENNAN WON’T GIVE UP ON CARTY

BRONCOS BOSS SAYS THEY DIDN’T SNUB KEVVIE

“Garth was a first-year coach and has been reviewed,” he said.

“We believe he made some first-year coaching errors during the year. We’ve discussed those with him and expressed our point of view.

“He tried to spread himself too thinly. We want him to get back to coaching more and not worrying about some of the things he was worried about.

“A vast improvement (in the team’s performance) is exactly what I’m expecting and I’ve had those conversations.

“We’ve been talked about as having all this potential and it’s time to produce.

“It’s all about mindset and achieving the one-percenters. The level of professionalism needs to be lifted right across the organisation. That’s our focus for the next 12 months.

“The next step for us is the top eight and that would be a pass mark at this stage. It won’t be for much longer, but it will be for next year.”

The Titans showed some promising signs last season after Brennan took over the reins from sacked coach Neil Henry.

However their defence simply wasn’t good enough and offset any attacking brilliance as the Titans slumped to an 8-16 record.

Brennan has been handed a one-year extension. Picture by Jerad Williams.
    Brennan unearthed some gems in young guns Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson and Phillip Sami, but his recruitment of Panthers forwards Bryce Cartwright and Leilani Latu backfired.

Brennan has signed former Test prop Shannon Boyd (Raiders), NSW Origin utility Tyrone Peachey (Panthers) and brought five-eighth Tyrone Roberts back to the club from Warrington to beef-up his squad.

Brennan, 46, said he has been buoyed by the contract extension but admitted he had to deliver next season.

“It’s a show of faith in me from the club which is pleasing,” he said.

“The club knows the results weren’t the best last year but the foundations were laid for us to build on.

“That’s what I said from day one - we’ve got to start from scratch. It’s not going to happen overnight.

“It’s about building foundations. We did that last year and this year will be another year of continuing to improve on what we’ve been doing.

Peachey is Gold Coast’s marquee recruit. Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images.
    “Our ambition is to play semi-final football and we’re no different to the other 15 clubs in the competition.”

The Titans will begin their 2019 campaign when the players report for pre-season training on Monday.

Executive chairman Dennis Watt said the decision to extend Brennan was to bring long-term certainty.

“It’s a vote of confidence from the club and board in Garth as an individual and also as a coach,” he said.

“We see him very much as a coach of the future. We’ve really liked what we’ve seen this year.

“We expect that he will be the long-term coach of the Titans. There is a lot to be said about not looking too short-term.

“At this stage we’re a bottom-of-the-table club but we certainly don’t intend staying there.

“We’re doing everything we can to be contending for the prize.”

^^^
    Thanks for posting Bods, a really interesting article. I wonder what Brennan thinks about the refreshingly honest comments about him by Kelly. No pussy footing around and great to see that Kelly was happy to go on the record. As a supporter I like reading that accountability stuff.