Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Podcast is up enjoy

Round 19:
    Broncos game is on, and Rogers stops in for a chat
    LISTEN HERE
    Just listened to it. Very cool. Funny if Srama does kick the ball this Friday. Even better if we score from it.
    If we beat the Broncos this friday, this season can be considered a success regardless of where we end up

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Im scared about this game, but not losing.

Its Bird im scared of, that he will do something stupid to Lockyer and end his season.

That might sound strange, but hear me out:
    I do not care for the Broncos one little bit, what i do care about is this team, and our lack of support in Qld.
    Take your SOO blinkers off for a second, and think about our long term success, it is imperative that we get our share of SEQLD support, we dont want to be seen as another NSW team, no matter who we have playing for us, Broncos success has been to adopt the QLD colors and harvest the QLD talent, to date we have adopted the NSW colors and recuited the biggest grub in RL Bird to be our spokesperson at Origin, talking up smashing the hero to all Qld.

If Bird does something silly and ends Lockyers season, we will be hated for decades in QLD, any 50/50 support we had is GONE. The QRL that allready hates us with a passion, will stop at nothing to jump on the bandwagon of hate.

It would potentially cripple the club financially and support wise forever IMO.
    If Lockyer gets hurt during normal play, or by any other Titan, it will not matter, thats footy get on with it, but if it is Bird, then all hell will break loose.
    If he can keep it legal then Im all for Bird hammering Locky out of the game. Who cares who hates the Titans, doesnt bother Manly one little bit that everyone hates them.

I

I hope Capes gets a crack at halfback. His footwork and speed around the big men closer to the ruck would give the defence more problems than Prince currently is. It's only a slight change but I could see big things resulting from it. The more ball Capes and Mead get in attack the better the chances the team will have of getting on the front foot.

I expect a close game.

Where did it come from abotu bird going for locky? FIrst i heard of it, couldnt care less myself Broncos are my most hated team always have been and always will

Capewell to provide X-factor for Titans
    Luke Turgeon | July 13th, 2011

THE Gold Coast Titans will deploy strike weapon Luke Capewell against the Brisbane Broncos on Friday night in a long-overdue bid to ignite their misfiring attack.

One of the most dynamic players at the club, Capewell is the leading tryscorer in the Queensland Cup this season with 15 tries from 11 games for feeder club Ipswich.

Jets co-coach Ben Walker, a vocal critic of the Titans' decision to bring Mat Rogers out of retirement, yesterday applauded the decision to give Capewell the chance he deserves.

Walker backed Capewell to provide the X-factor the Gold Coast have been looking for, declaring the 22-year-old the best support player he had ever seen.

"He sniffs out a try better than anyone," said Walker, who believed Rogers' comeback only stunted emerging talent.

"They say Terry Lamb was the best support player ever to play, well I think this bloke is better than him.

"His support play is better than Terry Lamb and he is faster.

"They would be fighting each other for the same hole at the very least.

"I hope they persevere with him and give him some time because he will repay them, that is for sure."

Once lauded for their entertaining style, the Titans are now easily the worst attacking team in the NRL.

They rank last in average tries per game (2.6), points per game (14.3) and line breaks (3.1).

They also make the second most errors, with 13.6 per game.

"We are lacking some tryscoring ability," Titan coach John Cartwright said.

"It wasn't a bad performance in Auckland (against the Warriors last weekend) in very tough conditions, we just found it very hard to get across the line.

"It has been a problem all year.

"Luke has scored plenty of tries for Ipswich this year and that is an area we need to get better."

Capewell will line up at fullback for the Titans, with William Zillman at five-eighth and young gun Jordan Rankin dropping back to the under-20s.

The former Souths utility showed some promising signs in four NRL games for the Titans at the start of the year before being dropped to reserve grade.

Fresh from a man-of-the-match performance for Queensland Residents in the State of Origin curtain raiser last week, Capewell said he was ready to make the most of his opportunity.

"It was good being away with the Residents, we got to train with the Origin team and I took a lot out of that," he said.

"Just getting to see (Billy) Slater and (Darren) Lockyer and the little things they do was really helpful.

"Some blokes find it hard getting dropped.

"But I knew I just had to go back and work harder and work on the things that (Cartwright) dropped me for.

"I am just going to do what I have been doing back at Ipswich and hopefully get the results.

"I will just do my best."
    #itaintweaktospeak

The selection of the team this week proves that Carty has officially lost the plot. Capewell has been carving it up in the Q Cup at FIVE EIGHTH so Carty moves our fullback to that position and chooses him at fullback.

On top of the ludicrously short sighted decision to rush Matt Rogers back into the team this just reeks of a coach who has well and truly got no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    The selection of the team this week proves that Carty has officially lost the plot. Capewell has been carving it up in the Q Cup at FIVE EIGHTH so Carty moves our fullback to that position and chooses him at fullback.

On top of the ludicrously short sighted decision to rush Matt Rogers back into the team this just reeks of a coach who has well and truly got no idea.
    Qld Residents win Origin curtainraiser
    July 6, 2011

Luke Capewell has reminded the cellar-dwelling Gold Coast Titans what they are missing with a two-try haul in Queensland Residents' 32-6 win over NSW Residents at Suncorp Stadium.

In the curtain-raiser to State of Origin III, the out-of-favour utility was sizzling at fullback, terrorising the Blues' line at will and linking crisply with former North Queensland halfback Grant Rovelli.

Capewell was easily Queensland's best in the rout, with the former South Sydney player putting a strong case forward for a recall to the Titans after spending most of the season languishing in the Queensland Cup with the Ipswich Jets.

His first try came in the seventh minute following a penalty, the fullback latching onto a superb Rovelli pass.

His second came as he ran a perfect support to one-time Penrith Panther Liam Georgetown, who fended off dumped Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to charge 40 metres downfield in the second half.

Capewell also set up the Maroons' third try with a sensational run and brilliant offload just before the halftime siren, resulting in a try to his Gold Coast team-mate Kayne Lawton.

The 22-year-old threatened constantly, showing his best position is at the back after a series of failed experiments this season in the Titans' halves.

Queensland were never headed in the match between the best players of the Queensland and NSW Cups, running in three tries in the first half to Capewell, halfback Brad Davis and Lawton.

NSW threatened a comeback early in the second half when Wests Tigers' flyer Jake Mullaney raced 65 metres to score following a rushed Queensland kick.

But the window was slammed shut when Capewell bagged his second, with Tweed Heads' forward Ryan Simpkins and North Queensland lock Joel Riethmuller completing the massacre.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Yeh what is Carty thinking
    #itaintweaktospeak

Maybe Karnage has lost the plot as Capewell has been "Carving" it up at Fullback
    #itaintweaktospeak

I hope Capewell finds his feet and has a blinder in this game. Is there any possibility we will keep him?, i heard he was as good as gone next year, is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior

Yeah Capes has been playing fullback for a while now in QCup and thats where he is playing his best footy. His support play is excellent, always sniffing around the ruck and thats how he has got his bucket loads of trys.

Too bad Walker got injured those weeks ago, this would have been the perfect time for him to show what he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Maybe Karnage has lost the plot as Capewell has been "Carving" it up at Fullback
    Apologies, not the first time I've been wrong and it won't be the last. I had been under the impression he was playing all of his footy at 5/8.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I've been saying since the start of the year that Capes should be fullback and that's mainly because he is the best support player I have seen and Ipswich coach agrees with this and anyone else that watches the highlights on the QRL website would surely be of the same opinion.

Question for everyone:

If Henry is fit to play and lines up at 5/8 where does Zilly play and who drops out of the team?

Yes the obvious choice for some would be Prince, but he will not be dropped, so in your reply please include Prince in the team.

My answer:

1 Luke Capewell
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Clinton Toopi
    4 William Zillman
    5 David Mead
    6 Beau Henry
    7 Scott Prince (c)
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Anthony Laffranchi
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    INTERCHANGE
    14 Matthew White
    15 Brenton Lawrence
    16 Luke O'Dwyer
    17 Bodene Thompson

Zillman can play anywhere from 1-6 and do a great job and be consistent where ever you put him. Capewell has better support play and a better passing and kicking game then Zilly. Not sure about the high ball. He just needs consistence in first grade IMO and has developed this well at QRL level. Zilly has the ability to pass the ball to the winger, runs a good line and hits holes well and can defend very well in the line, all the qualities of a good centre. This allows Thompson to resort back to his position in the pack.

If luke Capewell can bring the game he has been playing at QRL level to the NRL he will be regarded as one of the best fullbacks going around. He has shown us glimpses of what he can do in the NRL before he was dropped. Lets hope he can deliver.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 13-07-11 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Zilly can play anywhere from 1-6 but his best spot is fullback. Maybe its bench or at best right centre where his natural left to right passing game would be beneficial to the team.

Apologies, not the first time I've been wrong and it won't be the last. I had been under the impression he was playing all of his footy at 5/8.
    Being a Punter myself i know how u feel
    #itaintweaktospeak