Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Pretty abysmal, I just hope they use it as a wake up call. We play a few of the 'bottom' teams over the next few weeks and if we decide it's in the bag before kick off like last night, we're gonna cop some floggings and not just drop out of the 4, but drop out of the 8.

Bailey and Meyers were everywhere early, getting through a mountain of work. 30min in they were both looking exhausted, and unfortunately it's not a two man game.

I felt we dominated the first half despite the score line. Cowboys defence was solid, and our attack clumsy. It just felt like we had no options, didn't know what to do.

Whatever anyone else thought, I was disappointed with Tagataese. He was the closest man in one of the Cowboys tries, and he didn't even try to make a tackle. Just pulled up and watched the Cowboy stroll past. Even if he couldn't get there, he could make the effort, apply some pressure, keep them out wide, something.

We were smashed.

Cowboys played great.

Thurston had a blinder.

ughh
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

crap crap and CRAP

we certainly didnt turn up with right attitude last night
    they opened the door and let the cowboys run wild in OUR HOUSE

dont think i can single anyone out because at the end of the day its a TEAM GAME and thats all i have to say on the matter....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

I just hope this is a wake up call. We've been winning without playing really well and last night not playing well killed us.
    There's no reason for Titans not to win they're next 3 games and cement 3rd spot. Just need to re-focus

We've got Warrior, Rabbits then the Sharks at Skilled.

Wow... one loss to quality opposition and suddenly the Titans have gone from heroes to villians. Seriously guys, settle down. That was the loss and the wake up call you needed. You would rather a performance like that now rather than in the first week of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Wow... one loss to quality opposition and suddenly the Titans have gone from heroes to villians. Seriously guys, settle down. That was the loss and the wake up call you needed. You would rather a performance like that now rather than in the first week of September.
    I dont think we are being any harder on our team than they will be on themselves. We all know they didnt bring it last night...... we are not about to sit there and sing their praises on a misserable performance....... the titans are a hell of a lot more than just last nights performance and they are certainly not villians.

I will however agree with you that it was a wake up that they needed..... they cant keep scrapin accross the line...... they need to bring more to a game otherwise come September they may as well hand the opportunity to another team.

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    It's one thing to loose, it's another to get smashed in your own house.
    A 6-10 point loss after 80minutes of hard battling I can take but a 22-0 deficit at half time is down right embarrassing. And to say we're down a couple of troops is a cop out. Every team is down a couple of troops. They just didn't adjust their offence for a rushing defence, if that makes any sense.

Well a good night's sleep hasn't taken the edge of a thumping defeat at hom. I even watched Tweed v Wynnum on ABC and they lost as well. So that did not pick up my spirits.

To be 22 point to nil down at half time was so embarrassing and it was ominous for the 2nd half. Let alone losing our perfect record at home. I was more worried about how badly we were in disarray.

I think we had alot of trouble playing players out of position and we tired. Losing delaney meant we had an extra man down.

07 is right that we aren't being any harder than they will be on themselves. It is hard to reach a level of equalibrium of opionion when our forum is so topsy turvy.

Teke's suggestion of Mead to centre and Walker to wing, sounds like a good one. I hadn't considered that.

Cant wait to get Ash, Chalky and Boof back on deck.

It should be a wake up call, but how many do we need? It also seems the team really misses Rogers more than we give credit for.

The Cowboys were all over Princey Scott's kicking was off kilter all night, but I reckon it's down to the pressure the Cowboys put on him. But it was the entire team that didn't give Prince the space, time and back up...

They were all over Gordon as well and put him under buckets of pressure.

But what really blew us out of the water was Thurston and Bowen. Thurston showed why he is the form halfback of the competition so far in 09. He is such a terrier and can lift his team or carry them over the line in equal portions. He has real Joey qualities. And Matt Bowen, was the man of the night. After a long while suffering injuries and not the greatest form, he came to full life last night. His tries were amazing, but his cover defence was even better, denying us two tries.

It was magic, but how about doing it on another night and against another club? I keep saying, we never get easy matches and teams seem to lift against us or experience an epiphany in the week or weeks before they play us. Deadset!

I have to say one of the Cowboys tries shouldn't have been a try. It was forward and then there was a knockon as well. But the Cowboys were the better team by miles last night.

It is painful to lose our perfect record at home. But out of any team, I guess the Cowboys are the team I wouldn't have minded the most. There fans are good value and on the back of that performance... you can't argue they deserved the 2 points.

I have to say that I had a great time in The Legion, which always takes the edge off a loss and makes the night not a complete write off. It was good to keep cheering in desperate hope and seeing us score a couple tries within a couple minutes of each other.

Now on to Auckland against the Warriors! Time to get the campaign back on track!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 01-08-09 at 05:01 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

It should be a wake up call, but how many do we need? It also seems the team really misses Rogers more than we give credit for.
    OMG

For those doubters still out there..... when he gets back on that field..... WATCH HIM...... I m not talking about when he has the ball or how far he runs it or kick s it.... I m not even talking about how many tackles he makes and his workload...... watch him ..... watch how he talks to those younger players and makes sure they are in positon all the time.....watch him do to our team what JT did to his team last night.

With his injuries this year I would not be surprised if this is his last year, I hope like all hell it s not...... He gives that team a level headedness that only someone of his experience and calibar can. We will certainly miss him when he is gone.

Ok... getting off my Rogers soap box (for now)

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Teke's suggestion of Mead to centre and Walker to wing, sounds like a good one. I hadn't considered that.
    In all honesty It isnt something that I came up with, the coaching staff have mentioned this a fair few times and to me it is a really good idea. Delaney is a good defender but to have Mead and Walker together is a really potent attack down the right side.

I cant wait for next year with the addition of Tomane. Rugby League week named its top 10 rookies and Tomane was 3, Mead 4 and Gordon 6. The future is extremely bright for the club when you have youngsters like these coming through.

GCT 07, can't wait to see the return of Mat!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I cant wait for next year with the addition of Tomane. Rugby League week named its top 10 rookies and Tomane was 3, Mead 4 and Gordon 6. The future is extremely bright for the club when you have youngsters like these coming through.
    Yea, that is a tremendous honour. Our juniors are really coming through and in contrast the Broncos juniors seem to be false starting of late. So a real credit to our club.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    How cold was it tonight??

Anyway, yeah I agree. There have been a lot of games we just don't seem to turn up to. It didn't help to watch that game surrounded by Cowboys fans. It's our home ground.

Also, which section are you in, karnage?
    I sit in the Eastern Stand directly opposite the tunnel that the Titans run out of.

I'm loud and parochial and hopelessly biased so if you sit anywhere near there you would have heard me. I was gonna go down to the legion to say g'day but it was too warm wedged between the 2 people either side to entertain going for a walk.

At the end of the day we lost because of attitude! Too many players started doubting themselves and we handed the cowboys the game!

Realistically if you look at the dragons last year......an average football team. Bennett arrives, installs confidence and drills each players with their responsibility and their individual role to play as a team and well we can all see the result. They are now the form team of the comp!

Titans need self belief and to stop slacking off! Its an 80 minute game. Put the effort in for the full 80 and you should get the result.

I expect a better performance next week! Hope carty rips them a new *** hole!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Im glad i havnt read post after post of cliches which is what diehard fans do,to excuse the team of a garbage effort(meyers stats were excellent and i wish i brought my ginger beard to the game again).but ill agree with everyone that the performance was sub standard and not befitting a team commanding 20000 plus fans on a cold evening.I expect the players are embarassed and they better have their heads on for the 2 away trips and personally for me against the rabbits in 2 weeks cos im going to that game and i dont want channel9 cameras pointing at me with my dejected face on.I want to jump and celebrate like the dude a few weeks ago at an away game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It all boils down to personal pride and if they can all say i did my best then ill be happy,maybe 2 did last night,no more.....

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    Im glad i havnt read post after post of cliches which is what diehard fans do,to excuse the team of a garbage effort(meyers stats were excellent and i wish i brought my ginger beard to the game again).but ill agree with everyone that the performance was sub standard and not befitting a team commanding 20000 plus fans on a cold evening.I expect the players are embarassed and they better have their heads on for the 2 away trips and personally for me against the rabbits in 2 weeks cos im going to that game and i dont want channel9 cameras pointing at me with my dejected face on.I want to jump and celebrate like the dude a few weeks ago at an away game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It all boils down to personal pride and if they can all say i did my best then ill be happy,maybe 2 did last night,no more.....
    Well said mate!

Yea good old Matt from the Southern Legion. I nearly forgot what it was like to celebrate a try last Friday night. You can meet him at the Souths games. I'll be there as well. Hopefully as you said we can be celebrating.