Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Can remember GL in the NYC seen him score some of the best tries out of nothing and was touted as a player that could go all the way, his footwork has to be seen to believe, his big downside is defence and that is what has stopped him playing nrl. I have kept an eye on him since he went to the eels and watched a lot of his games for wentworthville (parra reserve grade side) he has still got what it takes to become an nrl player, if you want an X factor GL is certainly that this one is definitely a diamond in the rough could be anything if he fixes his defence

Immortal

Spot on Lonegull

I remember that HS thought really highly of GL and I was disappointed like most to see him go..... I think we lost a few juniors and other players at the time that the Plane joined us. Glad to see him Back up here and I am keen to see how he goes.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'd say that if he didn't leave when he did he would have had a run in first grade with us given our alternatives.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Haven’t you ever been out after midnight? It happens.
    Wilhelm you just verballed me and said I think violence against men is ok. That is absolutely appalling. I talked about where the line is in terms of signing players.
    I’m answering NZFan’s question about whether to take Fifita back or not and giving detail.
    Read people’s posts before you go about attacking people and verballing them.
    You said you want to sign him but only because his target wasn't a woman or a child, i.e. you're only ok with it because the target was a man. Seems like a strange and inconsistent criterion to impose.

lol from wanting Arrow and Brimson they're going to end up with Sami

TIGERS ZERO IN ON TITANS FLYER

Wests Tigers have set their sights on off-contract Gold Coast flyer Phillip Sami.

Blindside can reveal the Tigers are preparing to go on a spending spree and have Sami in their plans along with Roosters star Latrell Mitchell.

Sami, 22, has played 42 NRL games for the Titans since debuting in 2017, scoring 21 tries.

The classy winger could move into the centres as his career progresses and is being monitored by the Queensland Origin team.

Sami is off-contract at the end of the 2020 season and has to prove to new Titans coach Justin Holbrook he is worthy of a new deal.

If he doesn’t remain at the Titans, expect the Tigers to have a red hot crack at luring him to Concord.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    lol from wanting Arrow and Brimson they're going to end up with Sami

TIGERS ZERO IN ON TITANS FLYER

Wests Tigers have set their sights on off-contract Gold Coast flyer Phillip Sami.

Blindside can reveal the Tigers are preparing to go on a spending spree and have Sami in their plans along with Roosters star Latrell Mitchell.

Sami, 22, has played 42 NRL games for the Titans since debuting in 2017, scoring 21 tries.

The classy winger could move into the centres as his career progresses and is being monitored by the Queensland Origin team.

Sami is off-contract at the end of the 2020 season and has to prove to new Titans coach Justin Holbrook he is worthy of a new deal.

If he doesn’t remain at the Titans, expect the Tigers to have a red hot crack at luring him to Concord.
    I like Sami and think he has a lot of upside. I'd be sad to lose him and don't really see who would replace him unless we went to market.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    You said you want to sign him but only because his target wasn't a woman or a child, i.e. you're only ok with it because the target was a man. Seems like a strange and inconsistent criterion to impose.
    Refer to my previous answers. It’s Strange you can’t comprehend them, it’s a pretty typical viewpoint.

I like Sami and think he has a lot of upside. I'd be sad to lose him and don't really see who would replace him unless we went to market.
    I would much rather we lose sami than brimson or arrow though. We can replace sami easier

Skipper Ryan James could be casualty of Titanic shake-up
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

The introduction of Justin Holbrook at the Gold Coast Titans has the entire club preparing for mass change, and captain Ryan James could be the next man impacted by the arrival of his new coach.

The Titans could be set for a captaincy shake-up after new Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook admitted he was undecided about whether Ryan James would retain the role.

Holbrook has spent the past two weeks settling into life on the Gold Coast after replacing Garth Brennan, who was sacked as the Titans collected the 2019 NRL wooden spoon.

Holbrook has overhauled the Titans’ coaching staff and is putting his stamp on the club, which could include a new leadership model.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >

James, 28, was appointed co-captain of the Titans by ex-coach Neil Henry in 2017 alongside Kevin Proctor before taking over the role solely midway through that season after the Kiwi international was embroiled in a cocaine scandal.

James retained the duties under Brennan in 2018-19, however he was restricted to only six NRL appearances last season after undergoing a knee reconstruction.

Tyrone Roberts and Proctor filled in for James while he was injured as the Titans slumped to a shocking season, losing 20 games to claim the club’s second wooden spoon.

A local product from the Tweed Heads region, James has made 144 NRL appearances for the Titans since debuting in 2010 and is the club’s longest-serving current player.

While James has done little wrong, Holbrook is overhauling the Titans in a bid to turn around three years of poor performances and that could include a new captain.

“I’m not sure yet, I haven’t given that much thought,” Holbrook told The Courier-Mail when asked if James would retain the role.

“We’re in no rush with that. We don’t really need one until round one so I’m not going to rush that.

“He is coming off a long knee injury and has got to get himself right. He’s still in the rehab process for a while to come.

“We’ll worry about that next year.”

If Holbrook opts for a new captain, Queensland Origin star Jai Arrow is a leading contender.

The 24-year-old is a proud Gold Coast product and has been sensational for the Titans over the past two years after leaving the Brisbane Broncos.

Arrow has a squeaky-clean image and is an on-field leader with his tremendous workrate and competitiveness.

The only issue for the Titans is Arrow is off-contract at the end of the 2020 season and is yet to commit to the club.

Holbrook said he could opt to introduce a leadership group if the players supported the idea.

“Leadership has been talked about here and it’s become more important across all sport,” he said.

“It’s something I don’t want to rush into. I don’t want to put a leadership group in place for the sake of it.

“As coaches we’re the leaders at the moment. Once we see fit, we will have player input, whether that’s a leadership group or not. I’m a coach that includes players.

“I’m not putting a time frame on any of that stuff to get sorted.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

'Relentless attitude' to recovery ensures Mo will be good to go
    https://www.nrl.com/

The Titans have received a major boost with teenage tearaway Moeaki Fotuaika declaring himself on track to be fit and firing for round one despite being three months away from full contact sessions.

The 2019 Paul Broughton Medal winner had off-season surgery on his wrist and knee and will work his way back to full fitness through the rehab squad.

With the wooden-spooners drawing six of last season’s top eight in their opening six rounds of 2020. they need all hands on deck and Fotuaika said he was confident he would be available for the trip to Canberra on March 13.

“I had surgery on a meniscus tear in my left knee and surgery on my right wrist in the off-season,” Fotuaika said.

“The staff are saying I should be doing straight running by the first week in December and full contact by mid-February.

“I am on track with my rehab I am confident of being available for round one. We came back to training last Monday and I was still 110 kilos. I haven’t been able to do much [training] but I want to take care of myself so I get the best out of my body.”

At just 19, Fotuaika was the shining light in a difficult year for the Titans, averaging 133 metres per game, including 50 post-contact metres every match.

As well as playing with great skill and power he also showed his toughness by defying those injuries to stay on the paddock at the back end of the season.

Titans head of performance Dan Ferris is also backing Fotuaika to not miss any early-season NRL action due largely to his outstanding attitude and application at a young age.

"With our performance team and Moe’s dedication around his work ethic I’m confident he will be fit and ready to go,” Ferris said.

"Mo has a relentless attitude to how he trains and plays. He is all in with everything he does.

“He understood quite early the dedication and commitment it would take to succeed in the NRL - the dedication at training, working with our coaching staff and being a good teammate - all these areas Moe’s stands out in.

"He holds all of our absolute records in the gym for physical strength, but a strong attribute that Moe has is the ability to transfer it to the field."

Fotuaika missed Tonga’s end-of-season Tests due to injury but did spend time in camp with one of his idols Jason Taumalolo in 2018.

It is the consistency of Taumalolo that the young Titan wants to emulate as he targets backing up his stellar 2019 season.

"My main focus now is to back that up and to keep improving so that I can stay consistent next year," Fotuaika said.

"I don’t want to have a good season and then have a bad year. When you look at all the great players like Tedesco and Taumalolo they have tremendous seasons every year. Jason has done that for the Cowboys and the Tongan team and I can learn a lot from him.

"We have got the players at the Titans to win games but for some reason it didn’t happen this year. With our new coach Justin Holbrook and the new staff it will really help us in the new season.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Last time I checked football players fight on the field, it's 10 in the bin, no police involvement. We all love the "bring back the biff" slogans. I'd say there is a fair difference between man on man violence and violence against women and children. The point is probably moot because the Broncos will get their man.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    I would much rather we lose sami than brimson or arrow though. We can replace sami easier
    Yeah I agree

I might be the only one here, but I'm happy to lose Sami if we can get a winger who has strong kick return carries and can get us out of our red zone.

Sami has never blown me away, he has been very complacent, I am sure there are some up and coming juniors who could fill a vacant wing position.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I might be the only one here, but I'm happy to lose Sami if we can get a winger who has strong kick return carries and can get us out of our red zone.

Sami has never blown me away, he has been very complacent, I am sure there are some up and coming juniors who could fill a vacant wing position.
    He's capable, but hes rocks and diamonds. The amount of off contract players for 2021 is the another thing that will help this team lift for next year whilst all these players play for contracts either with us or with someone else.