Page 23 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

I agree he would be good for our halves in a mentor role and can fill in if someone goes down injured. Having Prince and Lafranchi on the Gold Coast would definitely be a bonus in us snaring him.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Holbrook was a half
    Brad Davis was a half
    Presto played in the halves

They are all on staff and available to help our young halves.
    I’m not pro or against Marshall coming at this point I just don’t think the “mentoring” thing cuts it.
    Hope Benji is ok with playing for Seagulls all season.

Surely Benji’s mindset is low wage and low minutes at 14 but not QCup.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Surely Benji’s mindset is low wage and low minutes at 14 but not QCup.
    If your spine is JC, AJ, Sexton, Booth/Clark then I don’t see the point of the old boy at #14, surely we go with Turner who’s got the youth and the Versatility.

First Grader

I agree with Titanic. If we are to sign Marshall it will be on the understanding he will play 14 and not QCup otherwise he would not sign

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If your spine is JC, AJ, Sexton, Booth/Clark then I don’t see the point of the old boy at #14, surely we go with Turner who’s got the youth and the Versatility.
    Thats my view too, just pointed out he wouldn’t come to us to play QCup … I’m sure he has a media role in mind too.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I agree with Titanic. If we are to sign Marshall it will be on the understanding he will play 14 and not QCup otherwise he would not sign
    too true

On an unrelated subject: Walker > The King senility has set in to the skinny Stupid League creator.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-10-21 at 12:50 PM.

I reckon we've got more chance of talking Smith out of retirement, though I'd happily eat my words if it did happen, I don't think he'd leave his perfect media career in Sydney to come play for us for a year

Yea I know it's Rothfield.

‘Age is just a number': Benji to make call on future as surprise NRL switch floated
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/

Benji Marshall believes he will “know in the bottom of my heart if it is time or not” to retire.

Marshall says he will take a couple of days to digest Sunday’s NRL final defeat to the Panthers, before turning his attention about whether he wants to continue playing.

But The Daily Telegraph’s chief NRL reporter Phil Rothfield has floated the possibility of the veteran playmaker moving to the Gold Coast Titants for one season.

If he did, he would act as the perfect mentor for rookie Toby Sexton and the move to Queensland’s south-east would see him return to where he emerged from Keebra Park High School.

After coming off the bench during the Rabbitohs’ shattering 14-12 defeat to the Panthers, attention immediately turned to the futures of not just Wyane Bennett but Marshall.

The 36-year-old made the “number 14 position” his own in 2021, where he was the perfect utility for Bennett’s Rabbitohs.

When the Rabbitohs were missing someone, in came Marshall.

When the Rabbitohs needed a spark, Marshall came on too.

Their brightest moments came at the death during Sunday’s NRL final loss with Marshall on the field, with the premiership winner’s ability to threaten the line and ask questions of the opposition’s defence.

Speaking in the aftermath, Marshall reflected on the year where he pointed out the joy he had got from playing alongside the prodigious talents of Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker.

He also dropped a hint that age wouldn’t define whether he kept playing in the game.

“I’m extremely grateful, I think, more than anything,” Marshall said.

“To have the opportunity to represent this great club and play with the players that I got to play with this year.

“Made the number 14 position my own this year was just enjoying it. I got to play with guys like Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker.

“Those guys really made it exciting. Age is just a number Lockie, you still turn up and join in at training on the field, why not.

“Everyone wants to know what I am doing. I will get through the next few days and see what I will do on Wednesday and Thursday.”

Just as Bennett wouldn’t be moved on his own future, Marshall said he wouldn’t seek Bennett’s ear despite the duo’s close relationship.

“No, whatever I think is best,” Marshall said.

“I think that I’ll know in the bottom of my heart if it is time or not.

“My wife is very supportive and she wants me to do what is best. We will see. It is hard to proper process after that sort of year.

“See what the options are in the next couple of days. Celebrate with the boys. It was tough to lose but we had a pretty good season. See what happens.

“Thanks mate and thanks to all the Souths supporters here and back home. We tried our best for you tonight. We just fell short.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Add Mitchell, the Pearce kind, to the debate … lol

Axed Titan set to sign two-year deal with Wests Tigers
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/

Tyrone Peachey’s future looks to be all but settled with reports the ex-Titans utility will sign with the Wests Tigers.

Peachey was one of six players that departed the Titans at the end of their season and has been on the hunt for a new club ever since.

That search seems to have come to an end with The Daily Telegraph reporting on Monday that the 30-year-old has inked a deal with the joint venture.

Meanwhile, The Roar is reporting the deal is for two years and is worth $400,000 per season.

Peachey was linked to the Broncos, however they reportedly baulked at his asking price. It’s understood the Raiders also expressed interest.

The former New South Wales Origin representative has been the Titans’ Mr. Fix It over the last three seasons, playing basically everywhere on the park except the front-row.

He played five-eighth for the Titans’ final three games this year, including their qualifying finals loss to the Roosters. Although he genuinely looked good in the role, Gold Coast opted not to offer him a new deal.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Add Mitchell, the Pearce kind, to the debate … lol
    Sexton and pearce halves combos = midfield bombs all afternoon

The only value he has is nrl games next to his name

Inactive User

Why have the last two posts mentioned Mitchell Pearce??

Not sure if there is any recent stories but he has been rumoured to want out of Newcastle.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Not sure if there is any recent stories but he has been rumoured to want out of Newcastle.
    I saw him on Saturday at PAC FAIR indoors not wearing a mask in stage 2 restrictions.
    No Thanks. I’d be appalled at signing him given his price, ability and what we have coming through.

Because Buzz reported he met with Dymock but denied it was business.