Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We got a miracle in us? 1 minute
    Nearly mate nearly

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    You seen the wall before the FG was illegal Bodsy haha
    Add that to the list of atrocities

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Oh what garbage. If 5 players or more are offside and no advantage is taken it’s a penalty everyday of the week in min1 or min80.
    The guy cheated our club, our kids, our community.
    Don’t ever forget.
    ADAM GEE.
    When was the last time you saw a ref give a match winning penalty kick in the last seconds in a final. You are wrong anyway as it would have been a 6 again call, not a penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    A bit of perspective required. Yes, we are all devastated we don’t go on to next week, but let’s remember we are devastated after going blow for blow with the Roosters and had a golden chance to win it at the end.

Just 2 seasons ago we were -

Coming off a disastrous season under Brennan

Finished with the spoon

Had a for/against of nearly -300

Now, 2 years later we have -

Made the 8

Had 4 young players (on long term deals) play origin

Got a budding 21 y/o superstar in Campbell

I for one will go into next season full of hope. We still have questions in our spine but our future looks bright.
    Great post for perspective mate. I'm frustrated because I can only imagine the improvements with a decent spine, even an average one.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    When was the last time you saw a ref give a match winning penalty kick in the last seconds in a final. You are wrong anyway as it would have been a 6 again call, not a penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Great post for perspective mate. I'm frustrated because I can only imagine the improvements with a decent spine, even an average one.
    It’s not 6 again because an error was made when no advantage was taken.
    Therefore it’s a penalty under the sticks.
    We were cheated.
    Now stop getting into a tit for tat because I’m right.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 11-09-21 at 08:04 PM.

Add that to the list of atrocities
    It’s funny how people can see the game so differently. I don’t think the ref was that bad and would never blame that loss on him. Not to say the wall wasn’t illegal but things like that happen on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Not sure how many of us travelled from the GC and what not but I thought the best part was hearing the crowd really behind us.
    Yea. I saw thousands of Titans fans in our colours and more importantly heard some Titans chants. Warmed the heart.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I was saying all week this referee has serious issues with our club and community. The entire Roosters team were offside at that last play of the match and the Sydney Referee Adam Gee doesn't penalise it. Remember the name he’s a cheat.

Any other time of the game and any other team and it’s a penalty in front of the posts
    I posted some stats quite some time ago on win/loss record with certain refs. Andrew Gee came in as our bogey ref by a looonnnggg way, with a 14% win ratio compared to a 86% loss.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I posted some stats quite some time ago on win/loss record with certain refs. Andrew Gee came in as our bogey ref by a looonnnggg way, with a 14% win ratio compared to a 86% loss.
    You were the one that first alerted me to this bloke. He’s a disgrace.
    A whole team offside. Blow the penalty ********.

I did have a giggle at Wallace’s intercept and actually thought that the vision of him running was in slow motion.

I think the question we should be asking, youth of the team aside, is: where has this enthusiasm been all year?

If we had played with anything near that intensity our season would have looked a lot different. I’m dreaming of this for next year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Has anyone seen the presser? Holbrook looked as though he was hiding a lot of emotion through parts of it. Can tell it meant so much to him this game.

But he's created a team we can be proud of once again. And I know some people including me have been extremely critical of some of the decisions made during the season but look, the fact that he got this team to the 8 and then was able to get them up to compete to the death against the Roosters of all teams....I mean that's pretty huge. Everyone was saying we were only in it to make up the numbers and that we didn't deserve to be there....I was one of them....but we were one play away from proving all those doubters wrong. One play.

Chin up people, it's not all doom & gloom. If anything our young pack will take a lot out of tonight's loss. If we can snag a couple more good signings with Ash's money then that only adds more to the current crop that Holbrook has to work with for next year and beyond.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-09-21 at 09:05 PM.

[QUOTE=Mexican titan;421473]you are wrong anyway as it would have been a 6 again call, not a penalty.

I thought a penalty would have been blown as it would be considered a professional foul. I by no means am saying we can pin the entire game on that situation/call but I was at the game...in that exact corner....they did not retreat to the try line whatsoever. Any fan/general viewer can be upset with that.

Guttered!! But Rome wasn’t built in a day, the boys hung in and it’s only up from here. Yes we missed some opportunities this year but hopefully with Holbrooks guidance we can start converting some of those opportunities. At the end of the day we made the finals, competed until the end, had some good key young blokes extend contracts and step up this year so hopefully next year we can dribble out a few not performing and bring in some more talent. People may feel different but I personally feel Holbrook hit what the expectations were this year. Let’s hope next year it only gets bigger and better!

Inactive User

And that concludes year 2 of the 5 year plan.
    Wasn’t happy at all with our overall win loss record of 11W 14L but I’m satisfied that we are not far off track of where we needed to be.
    Defence and Consistency of Effort has to be the Focus for 2022 and to continue to bring through and bring back the Beautiful Juniors of The Beautiful Little City.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=brennosboys17;421483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    you are wrong anyway as it would have been a 6 again call, not a penalty.

I thought a penalty would have been blown as it would be considered a professional foul. I by no means am saying we can pin the entire game on that situation/call but I was at the game...in that exact corner....they did not retreat to the try line whatsoever. Any fan/general viewer can be upset with that.
    It was an atrocity and it’s obscene. Our small club and our kids/members/players/fans deserve to be treated the same as everyone else.
    The NRL are kidding allowing Adam Gee near our games. The new Pereneum.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Has anyone seen the presser? Holbrook looked as though he was hiding a lot of emotion through parts of it. Can tell it meant so much to him this game.

But he's created a team we can be proud of once again. And I know some people including me have been extremely critical of some of the decisions made during the season but look, the fact that he got this team to the 8 and then was able to get them up to compete to the death against the Roosters of all teams....I mean that's pretty huge. Everyone was saying we were only in it to make up the numbers and that we didn't deserve to be there....I was one of them....but we were one play away from proving all those doubters wrong. One play.

Chin up people, it's not all doom & gloom. If anything our young pack will take a lot out of tonight's loss. If we can snag a couple more good signings with Ash's money then that only adds more to the current crop that Holbrook has to work with for next year and beyond.
    Great post GT