Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    IMO we undervalue Clark and he is much better than as suggested on here
    Improves our defence but his service from dummy half is awful

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    IMO we undervalue Clark and he is much better than as suggested on here
    IMO we overvalue him. As Bods said his service is poor, which is the core skill every dummy half should have mastered. His game management is non existent, he has no kicking game and above all that he seems to constantly be offside with Fogarty (our captain).

He is good defensively and he’s aggressive, which I like, but unfortunately he just doesn’t have the smarts to be a hooker. He’d make a useful Connor Watson type 13 in QCup.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    IMO we overvalue him. As Bods said his service is poor, which is the core skill every dummy half should have mastered. His game management is non existent, he has no kicking game and above all that he seems to constantly be offside with Fogarty (our captain).

He is good defensively and he’s aggressive, which I like, but unfortunately he just doesn’t have the smarts to be a hooker. He’d make a useful Connor Watson type 13 in QCup.
    Ok

I don’t like to belittle our younger players too much but I’m with NZF on Clarke, he just doesn’t show any improvement in the core skills of an NRL 9.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Clark just does nothing for me as our utility. We need someone to come off and spark the team. Carve some tiring forwards and get our team rolling. Clark is none of that but can defend ok. Shows how dire the situation is at hooker

I see a lot of potential in Clark and I do see spark. His first real year at hooker I think worth persevering at this stage. Hope he has his best game to date today

Clarke has potential, I think he need an extended stint in QCup to work on his skills.

The greatest hooker in history lives on the Gold Coast. Maybe it's covid restricted but the club should be seeking him out to assist these young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    The greatest hooker in history lives on the Gold Coast. Maybe it's covid restricted but the club should be seeking him out to assist these young guys.
    I think he works for Storm

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think he works for Storm
    I think that's right, but surely it's not exclusive? I remember Joey working with halves from numerous teams.

I’m wondering what we do with brimson and Campbell for next year. On form Campbell is playing much better at fullback. Also just looked at Brimsons contract on zero tackle and luckily it’s apparently only 600k a year. I was worried it was more than that. If we have better alternatives in the halves or fullback, we can afford to play 600k at centre going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    I’m wondering what we do with brimson and Campbell for next year. On form Campbell is playing much better at fullback. Also just looked at Brimsons contract on zero tackle and luckily it’s apparently only 600k a year. I was worried it was more than that. If we have better alternatives in the halves or fullback, we can afford to play 600k at centre going forward.
    I think the unofficial plan is to move him to 5/8 which would explain our lack of recruitment in that area this year.

Probably not the correct thread, but check out the highlights of Catalans V St Helens from yesterday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQCLcRZ_jfk
    Last edited by Boonarga; 07-09-21 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Link added

Having trouble linking the article. Tino is is talking about being happy at the titans and wants to be a titans for life. He’s able to negotiate next year but has told other clubs not to bother. Great news that he sounds happy at the club.

https://www.mygc.com.au/tino-faasuam...club-champion/

Tino gets the medal. I was a bit disappointed in him early in the year but since Origin he has been our best most weeks.