Page 48 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Well the reason i mention blocked pathways is because it was one of Garths quoted mantras when he arrived.

I think Brennan has also stated that Arrow is guaranteed a spot and Cartwright wont impact his path or spot in the team at all - although i figure that his jersey may change if that counts

Tolman though means another player in the logjam although with James playing wider, i guess Wallace, Latu, Arrow, Tolman is reasonable.

I do think we have an imbalance of white boy work horses and not enough crazy/ impact in the team. In a scale of 1 to Kenny Edwards, we need a few players at the 8.0 or so mark to go with our toilers.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 21-02-18 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Well the reason i mention blocked pathways is because it was one of Garths quoted mantras when he arrived.

I think Brennan has also stated that Arrow is guaranteed a spot and Cartwright wont impact his path or spot in the team at all - although i figure that his jersey may change if that counts

Tolman though means another player in the logjam although with James playing wider, i guess Wallace, Latu, Arrow, Tolman is reasonable.

I do think we have an imbalance of white boy work horses and not enough crazy/ impact in the team. In a scale of 1 to Kenny Edwards, we need a few players at the 8.0 or so mark to go with our toilers.
    Marty Tapau 8.0 was linked once upon a time... Manly still in cap strife?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Marty Tapau 8.0 was linked once upon a time... Manly still in cap strife?
    As far as I know they have not been in cap strife. The problem is with some third party deals that may be questionable and if they are then Manly may get stripped of some cap money. I think they have cap space now but may not if they get the cap reduced.
    As for Tapau - keep dreamin.

I think we are possibly underestimating Boyle in all this and to a lesser extent King. I would prefer settling the squad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I Love Boyle actually, as long as he uses his size like Nelson Asafa Solomona, not Dane Carlaw.

If we can get him revved up id be stoked. And Liked King too.

Maybe if we give Taupau free entry to some bodybuilding comps and a new home gym he might consider coming up here.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I Love Boyle actually, as long as he uses his size like Nelson Asafa Solomona, not Dane Carlaw.

If we can get him revved up id be stoked. And Liked King too.

Maybe if we give Taupau free entry to some bodybuilding comps and a new home gym he might consider coming up here.
    piss off, Marty Kapow is going nowhere !
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

- RUMOUR: Aiden Tolman may be released by the Bulldogs and signed up by the GC Titans effective immediately!!
    https://www.facebook.com/alislatestrumours/

I hope your on the money here JaF.
    I would take him in a heartbeat

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    - RUMOUR: Aiden Tolman may be released by the Bulldogs and signed up by the GC Titans effective immediately!!
    https://www.facebook.com/alislatestrumours/
    I know he has been spending a fair bit of time up here lately. Why he has been I don’t know.

Ash Taylor told he needs to step up by Titans coach Garth Brennan

PETER BADEL, The Courier-Mail
    February 25, 2018 7:00pm
    Subscriber only

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has given Ash Taylor a stinging reality check, demanding the club’s $3 million man “step up” if he wants to be the next Johnathan Thurston.

In a no-nonsense assessment, Brennan took aim at his spluttering scrumbase and called for Taylor to “walk the walk” in the wake of Gold Coast’s winless and error-riddled pre-season.

Taylor launched his campaign against the Warriors on Saturday night, but the classy No. 7 and halves cohort Kane Elgey were comprehensively outplayed by rival pair Shaun Johnson and Blake Green.

Taylor was trumpeted as the halfback whiz that could turn the Titans into a force when he signed a three-year extension last October and Brennan says it’s time to deliver bang for his buck.

While the 22-year-old scored a solo try against the Warriors, his last-play options were erratic in a 20-14 loss, prompting Brennan to issue a firm edict to the Queensland Origin hopeful.

“Ash has to start taking control,” he said.

“If he is going to put his hand out for it (the money), you have to walk the walk.

“With Ash, he’s got all the accolades and the salary, but he needs to start stepping up and owning this football team.

“He did it in patches (against the Warriors), but when you ask your halfback to own the football team, he has to do it for 80 minutes.

“Kane (Elgey) needs to buy into that as well. He can’t be sitting back and letting Ash do all the work, they need to work together a bit better than what they did and hopefully that will come as the season goes on.”

Brennan said he was rapt with Taylor’s work ethic in pre-season. The Toowoomba product has dropped several kilos, but Brennan urged Taylor to learn lessons in execution from Thurston, the Cowboys champion he hopes to succeed in the Origin arena.

Just 24 hours before Taylor faced the Warriors, Thurston produced another moment of magic, with his 80th-minute banana kick snatching victory in his testimonial clash against the Storm.

“You watch Thurston the other night,” Brennan said.

“The 80th minute comes up and he comes up with the freakish play.

“Ash has got aspirations to one day get to those heights, well they are things he needs to do. He needs to watch JT and learn from him and realise how to control a football match and to come up with the right play at the right time.

“Ash will get there, I’ve got confidence he will, but he needs to realise the expectation on him.

“We’ve had some conversations about it. Ash’s pre-season has been enormous, I can’t wrap him enough in that area, his body is in great shape.

“He is doing everything I’ve asked of him, I can’t criticise him there. But last year, he had a senior half. This year, he is the senior half.

“I want him to own the footy team and I’m confident he can do that.”

Taylor, who is so talented he edged out Nathan Cleary for the Dally M rookie-of-the-year award in 2016, says he is ready to be the Titans’ chief shot caller.

“I need to be a better leader this year,” he said.

“Me and Elgey are pretty young halves, so I need to take on more leadership this year.

“I am my biggest critic. I want to be better this year at steering the team around and taking my chances in key moments.”

As soon as I saw the author I expected the worst. I doubt that it’s ultimatum time yet and agree with Brennan’s quoted opinion but that should be kept behind closed doors this early in the season.

The rumour regarding Peachey is gathering momentum again. "They" are saying expect an announcement this week for a start next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    As soon as I saw the author I expected the worst. I doubt that it’s ultimatum time yet and agree with Brennan’s quoted opinion but that should be kept behind closed doors this early in the season.
    I was very surprised to see the quotes attributed to the coach. Like you, I would have thought that this early in the season it would have been behind closed doors but I'll back Brennan all the way. I'm sick of this hugging players crap - Ash is one of the top 6 or so players pay wise in the comp now and he needs to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I was very surprised to see the quotes attributed to the coach. Like you, I would have thought that this early in the season it would have been behind closed doors but I'll back Brennan all the way. I'm sick of this hugging players crap - Ash is one of the top 6 or so players pay wise in the comp now and he needs to earn it.
    Agree here MT.

Ash had no issue being transparent with the media when asked about a Broncos return, or our apparent "loose" culture, so he should also have no issue with Garth being transparent in announcing his expectations when Ash is being paid to be a top tier, marquee halfback.

Spare the rod and spoil the child ... onwards and upwards ... it's getting exciting.