Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I forgot to mention Ioane. Fantastic game! Really got stuck in with some great hitups and defence. Cody Nelson was great too! At last a few positive signs for the future!
    If we can retain them and not lose them to other clubs. Knowing us we probably will let them go.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 07-07-14 at 09:54 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    If we can retain them and not lose them to other clubs. Knowing us we probably will.
    Im having Hymel Hunt flashbacks!

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Im having Hymel Hunt flashbacks!
    Don't remind me of that. What were we thinking?

We were right in thinking Hymel would never be a first grader
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Totally exhilarating to get that win and we stay in the hunt for another week. Encouraging signs and if we can get rid of the rubbish from Falloon and can get the positions settled when the origin players return, we can beat anyone.

Really enjoyed the display put on by Nelson and Kingston, but Minichiello was our outstanding player tonight. Mini has been great in the last three games and has shown me he still has value for us.

We had a shaky start with Mead and Gordon making a couple of blunders but the whole side stuck at it and kept coming all night.

I'd also like to single out a series of tackles that Roberts made at a time when our line had been scrambled. He ran down Johnston and followed up with two tackles from marker to allow us to get set again. He showed what a remarkable athlete and competitor he is and I'm so glad he has found his way to our side. I thought Taka did some good things too amongst some ordinary things and it will be interesting to see if he can hold his starting spot.

Here's hoping the blokes who played tonight can continue to contribute when the origin stars are back on deck and let's. Old those origin stars can get some faith in these blokes and not overplay their hand.

Knock on wood that Mead is secured in the fullback position...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    Knock on wood that Mead is secured in the fullback position...
    David Bowie and probably not..

Junior

The win was a nice top up for my vBookie account! I was speaking to a couple of the guys yesterday and they were very confident of getting the win tonight. The boys defended brilliantly, yes souths dropped some ball, but they certainly were not atrocious. We have got a good team of players that are capable of defending against any team.. We just need some structure to get us over their line. Great conversion from Gordon for his own try also, he did well to get himself back into position to score that try too.

Gordon is an average kicker (only coz he isn't a kicker)...but I would take him over Mortimer every time.

I watched about 5 minutes of this game (around the 30 minute mark) and I saw us pass like we had trained to pass the ball and run some plays. The rest I listened to on the radio.

The thing that concerns me is whether we actually played well, whether Souths played really bad or if we have just become so used to boring hit-ups that any passing game looks exciting. Completions and penatlies says everyone played ****e, yet I was still excited to get a win and see the ball passed side-to-side.

Like others, I pray that this doesn;t become the geen light for a Carty/Zillman revival. From the 5 minutes i saw it reeked of Henry coaching and Mortimer showing how a proper half back steers a team around, rather than just looking for opportunity on opposition errors.

- - - Updated - - -

ps, on the radio the last 10 minutes sounded like we really muscled up in defence on your try line. About 3 or 4 sets. I can;t wait to see it, but that sounded like the sort of desperate defence that can win games when you can only score 3 tries. At least it sounds like we still have that try-line defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The win was a nice top up for my vBookie account! I was speaking to a couple of the guys yesterday and they were very confident of getting the win tonight. The boys defended brilliantly, yes souths dropped some ball, but they certainly were not atrocious. We have got a good team of players that are capable of defending against any team.. We just need some structure to get us over their line. Great conversion from Gordon for his own try also, he did well to get himself back into position to score that try too.
    Massive vBookie win. I think that takes you to the front. I added around $400 to my accoun backing the underdogs this round. Wish I had have splashed a bit more vCash on it now (and some real stuff)

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Massive vBookie win. I think that takes you to the front. I added around $400 to my accoun backing the underdogs this round. Wish I had have splashed a bit more vCash on it now (and some real stuff)
    I only had a bit of the real stuff on, i needed the vCash top up too.

We now have the equal best away record, 5-2 (Bulldogs) and the equal worst home record, 2-6 (Sharks). As the Yanks say, go figure...

Some of you guys were watching a different game but I'll let you debate who I mean :-)

I'll take the 2 and not much else because this was a case of going three steps forward and two steps back … also there should be about 20 quotes for the ridiculous things our coach says thread … what's this confidence crap he keeps going on about? Has he run out of factual football analyses to discuss?

Liked the new faces, liked Mortimer/Kelly, disliked the horrible flow of the game, disliked Zillman whose try was his only redeeming factor (the tackles are to be expected in first grade and his catching was only just short of woeful) but truly loved the 2 points.

Finally, anybody else getting suspicious that we go better without Myles and quite possibly Bird? I think in Taylor we are starting to see some consistency.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-07-14 at 07:50 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    ps, on the radio the last 10 minutes sounded like we really muscled up in defence on your try line. About 3 or 4 sets. I can;t wait to see it, but that sounded like the sort of desperate defence that can win games when you can only score 3 tries. At least it sounds like we still have that try-line defence.
    Hey Whiz, yes we did muscle up and we were pretty damn good but TBH had Souths hung onto another 15-20% of the ball throughout the game we would have been done by 20 easy. In other words, Souths were woeful.