Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Luke O'Dwyer throws away so many penalties FFS
    I have noticed he has a bad habit on hanging onto the leg of the tackled player 1 or 2 seconds longer than he needs to. He could have been pinged a couple of times..

Princey also gave out a few free chicken wings and was lucky to not get penalized. Last thing we need is our reborn leader missing the crucial last 4 rounds.

Watching it again on satellite.

Minichiello not sighted for their first try.
    Michaels = woeful missed tackle for Pearce try and Bird flying very lose to the wind.
    Prince's dummy on SKD to score = lol.
    White's slips catch off a shocking Falloon pass.
    Idris owning Kennedy and Minichiello to score.
    Lewis understating Idris jumping in the air "rather high jump".
    Bird giiving the ball up to milk a penalty ... that's poor play.
    Prince can't shoulder charge and Zillman can't pass either side.

HT

Ridge needs more minutes, no we need Ridge to have more minutes.
    Zillman in because he couldn't/wouldn't pass.
    Falloon kicks to the ingoal and it has spiders on it.
    Zillman had a good look at the opposition and Prince hit him fair in the shoulder for a knock on.
    Yep, twice in 2 minutes Mead let it bounce.
    Lmao ... Falloon scores and Wally says "he looks like a delighted young man" :-0 ah the King.
    Vossy can't tell the difference between Bailey and White but then again nor can their mothers.
    MAubs try was a shocking miss by Myles/Sezer.
    Moga looked up, saw Chalky and sprinted for the dead ball ... who wouldn't?
    JWH could be a real weapon but gee what a tool.
    Chalky v JWH = no contest. Chalky joins the health care mob giving facials.
    At 24-16 if Moga had scored from a marginal forward pass it was still game on.
    Zillman scores and gets a mouthfull of Idris pigtail as a reward.
    Ten years ago Prince would have got a million for dropping his dacks on tv.
    What's so unusual about 2 hookers scoring? That's their job isn't it?

Observations:

The two Minichiellos never touched each other until shaking hands at the end of the game.
    Myles tackling style is like a butting bull.
    Bird needs a kick up the ****. I know he was injured but his attitude was really poor.

And ... oh yeah ... we won again ... two wins in two days ... yeehaaaaah.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-07-12 at 01:47 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    There is one massive downside to this game that I just noticed. I had to bring T. Moga into my SuperCoach team in place of the injured Simon Mannering and he managed to score a staggering -1 points!! I'd have been better leaving Mannering in!!!

Mead did a real number on him.
    Moga is still very very green at the top level. There is a bit of laziness in his game.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

Michaels = woeful missed tackle for Pearce try and Bird flying very lose to the wind.

HT

I think you will find it was Bird/Sezer for the Pearce try. Michaels defended solid the entire game.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I think you will find it was Bird/Sezer for the Pearce try. Michaels defended solid the entire game.
    Didn't see the little tounge sticking out so assumed it was Michaels. Agree Michaels owned SKD all night.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Didn't see the little tounge sticking out so assumed it was Michaels. Agree Michaels owned SKD all night.

Bird looked under done from the get go, his timing was a touch out on everything he did but still bought that raw aggression.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Damn that was a good game! Only thing that kept annoying me was watching all the penalties that kept getting given up to the Roosters allowing them to piggy back their way up the field. I was so excited in the final play when Sezer(?not sure) made that break and I thought we were finally gonna get that elusive 40 points but ah well, there's always next week!

just watching the replay, and I didnt realise last night on how much work Ridge got through in both defence and attack, he is developing into a good player and tough as nails

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    just watching the replay, and I didnt realise last night on how much work Ridge got through in both defence and attack, he is developing into a good player and tough as nails
    I think he is going to push into rep footy in a few years time
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

HT

Falloon kicks to the ingoal and it has spiders on it.
    Zillman had a good look at the opposition and Prince hit him fair in the shoulder for a knock on.
    Yep, twice in 2 minutes Mead let it bounce.
    Lmao ... Falloon scores and Wally says "he looks like a delighted young man" :-0 ah the King.
    Vossy can't tell the difference between Bailey and White but then again nor can their mothers.
    MAubs try was a shocking miss by Myles/Sezer.
    Moga looked up, saw Chalky and sprinted for the dead ball ... who wouldn't?
    JWH could be a real weapon but gee what a tool.
    Chalky v JWH = no contest. Chalky joins the health care mob giving facials.
    At 24-16 if Moga had scored from a marginal forward pass it was still game on.
    Zillman scores and gets a mouthfull of Idris pigtail as a reward.
    Ten years ago Prince would have got a million for dropping his dacks on tv.
    What's so unusual about 2 hookers scoring? That's their job isn't it?

Observations:

The two Minichiellos never touched each other until shaking hands at the end of the game.
    Myles tackling style is like a butting bull.
    Bird needs a kick up the ****. I know he was injured but his attitude was really poor.

And ... oh yeah ... we won again ... two wins in two days ... yeehaaaaah.
    I think at one point our mini came flying in the smash their mini. Late ish in game, maybe just before aubo scored, but there was mini on mini action for sure, me and my mates had a laugh about it.

Srama Happy to Share the 9

Last year Matt Srama broke onto the scene as an 80-minute tackling machine, but in this season's run to the finals the Gold Coast No.9 is happy to be in a time-share arrangement with replacement hooker Beau Falloon.

Srama was lauded as a future Queensland rake after a stellar start to his NRL career, and admits having his playing minutes slashed was a little difficult to swallow at first.

But the facts are simple - since South Sydney recruit Falloon was injected into the team against Canberra in round 19, the Titans have gone on a three-match winning streak.

Falloon scored his second try in three games in Friday night's 36-16 win over the Sydney Roosters, as the resurgent Titans kept well in the race for eighth spot.

Srama concedes he has suffered a little bit from second-year syndrome in 2012 but believes his one-two combination with Falloon has proven the perfect tonic.

He can preserve his body and go full tilt when he's on the field.

"I've got to admit, it's been difficult, players get to know you more, but in saying that I worked hard and I think we're working really well as a team and personally I'm pretty happy with my game," Srama told AAP.

"When I'm on there I want to make it quality and the amount of time I'm out there I want to provide a lot in attack as well as defence.

"(The combination) is going really good. He (Falloon) had an injury in the pre-season which set him back and he deserved his chance. He's been playing some really good footy, we've been getting good minutes together ... I think we can build a good bond coming into the finals."

The Titans have turned their form around drastically in the past 10 weeks after an ordinary start to the season and are now in the frame for the playoffs.

Following the high profile purchases of Nate Myles and Jamal Idris in the off-season and the blooding of five-eighth Aidan Sezer, Srama says it's taken time for the Titans to click.

However he believes if they do sneak into the finals they're capable of making some noise.

Gold Coast are on 22 competition points and crucially they've improved their points-differential to -2.

"It mainly comes from the attitude of all the players. There's a really strong belief now that we can do it," he said.

NSW forward Greg Bird suffered a hamstring injury on Friday night and will need scans, but coach John Cartwright doesn't believe it's too bad.

Interchange forward Ben Ridge copped a knock on his knee but should be right to take on South Sydney in a blockbuster next weekend at Skilled Park
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not just giving away penalties, but Princes first kick went dead and that was a poor end to a good set. Roosters got marched down the field with a penalty or two and set up camp for a try. They were playing alright at that stage but a kick that pinned them in the corner or at least resulted in a tackle inside their ten metre zone would've been a much better start.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Alot of nit picking going after one of the seasons best wins. If they can keep to this standard each round until the end it will satisfy alot of ppl.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Alot of nit picking going after one of the seasons best wins. If they can keep to this standard each round until the end it will satisfy alot of ppl.
    I'll agree with this. It's almost like some people only watched the first ten minutes judging by the tone of some posts. And that's coming from me- who can be a fair bit cynical towards the playing group at times.

I'd expect we take the same team against Souths and I'm hoping for a very similar result.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.