Page 129 of 160 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2400

Well said, NZFan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Fafita will not turn into a plodder, that bloke will be a better buy than Arrow, straight up
    I agree, it appears he work ethic rises above most at the Drongoes. But that doesn't guarentee he'll keep that going on if he happened to make the transition across to our mob. Only gotta look at the long list we've got of good players losing form to the extent their efforts would be questionable in the QCup.

Hopefully, Holbrook can break that tradition once and for all.

Brent Read said on triple M yesterday that from what he has heard he would be shocked if Jai stays. Read’s one of the most reliable journo’s so I guess we have to accept he’s gone

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Brent Read said on triple M yesterday that from what he has heard he would be shocked if Jai stays. Read’s one of the most reliable journo’s so I guess we have to accept he’s gone
    Some of us need to now prepare our apologies for RVS. In terms of Arrow well when he does announce going the repercussions will be scathing because he certainly played with the fans with the comments he made about home town and loving the club etc.

What I don’t get is if Jai really wants to stay here but is worried about us not being in the premiership hunt in the next 5 years, why doesn’t he just extend for another year? That gives him 2 seasons under Holbrook to see how we’re looking, plus with the extra cap space in 2020 we can build a better squad around him. Maybe us fans need to get a petition going to show Jai how important his decision is for the future of GCRL

Rep Player

What I don’t get is if Jai really wants to stay here but is worried about us not being in the premiership hunt in the next 5 years, why doesn’t he just extend for another year? That gives him 2 seasons under Holbrook to see how we’re looking, plus with the extra cap space in 2020 we can build a better squad around him. Maybe us fans need to get a petition going to show Jai how important his decision is for the future of GCRL
    Because his market value is sky high right now. Why take the risk of getting injured, struggling to return to form, then trying to negotiate a new contract when his value has dropped?

If it’s true that he’s fielding offers around $1m/yr then we just need to bite the bullet and let him go. He’s a fantastic player but he’s simply not worth that much. We would get far more bang for buck by throwing those dollars at a top tier half or even two mid-upper tier halves. With Maloney moving to super league and the retirement of Cronk, and the mental retirement of Ash Taylor, there really is a dearth of good halves in the NRL. Apart from DCE, Munster, Keary, Pearce and Moses, who else could rightfully be called an elite half right now? This means that guys in the next tier down like Sezer and Townsend are all of a sudden pushed up the hierarchy of halves. Imagine what a 6/7 combo of Jahrome Hughes and Sezer would do for our roster, all for the price of one Jai Arrow. I could see Hughes being pushed out of Melbourne with the rise of Ryan Papenhuyzen.

So yes, losing Arrow will suck, but it also opens other doors given what we would have to sacrifice to keep him.

Also Bods, I’ll apologise to RVS if and when I see evidence that he isn’t just throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. He was dead wrong on the appointment of Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Also Bods, I’ll apologise to RVS if and when I see evidence that he isn’t just throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. He was dead wrong on the appointment of Walters.
    Don't forget he has plausible deniability on the Walters one....Hearing Walters but if not Mal will step up.

Walters was never approached and Mal doesn't sit in the coaches box so.......

Jai will stay.

Jai will go.....

Can't be wrong now.

Guessing he's PMing Bods to get some backing on the forum.

Yeah you’ve got a good point about his contract value, and the fact he is a bit injury prone means he’s definitely not worth the 900k or so that he’s going to get. I definitely agree that he’s not worth that much, he is a fantastic player but he is never going to be a gamebreaker, and to be honest Mo can do what he does. The issue though is how him leaving is going to effect us in terms of fans, sponsors and the media. I can just see how much of a laughing stock we will be when it’s announced he’s gone

Rep Player

Yeah you’ve got a good point about his contract value, and the fact he is a bit injury prone means he’s definitely not worth the 900k or so that he’s going to get. I definitely agree that he’s not worth that much, he is a fantastic player but he is never going to be a gamebreaker, and to be honest Mo can do what he does. The issue though is how him leaving is going to effect us in terms of fans, sponsors and the media. I can just see how much of a laughing stock we will be when it’s announced he’s gone
    Yeah, you're right. It will harm our credibility because most people won't think about the value of tying up 10% of the salary cap in a 50-60 minute lock forward. However, NRL fans and sports fans in general are fickle, and if we can get results on the field, no one will even remember it.

RVS never said the things some of you guys accuse him of. Show me the exact quote because it doesn't exist. As far as I can see everything that he has said so far has come true and the Arrow situation is looking more like he was correct on that also. Coming out and saying he is leaving when everything Arrow was saying was indicating he would stay is a big call. I have the feeling he will be right about it also. Since that comment Arrow is showing more signs of leaving. I honestly think he is gone but time will tell.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    RVS never said the things some of you guys accuse him of. Show me the exact quote because it doesn't exist. As far as I can see everything that he has said so far has come true and the Arrow situation is looking more like he was correct on that also. Coming out and saying he is leaving when everything Arrow was saying was indicating he would stay is a big call. I have the feeling he will be right about it also. Since that comment Arrow is showing more signs of leaving. I honestly think he is gone but time will tell.
    Here are just a few examples highlighting the constant flip-flopping that makes me think he's throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. Mexican Titan even called him out back in May/June for prattling on about "whispers in his ear" that had in actual fact been discussed/rumoured on the radio beforehand. Notice how he often couches it in language that gives him plausible deniability later on. If he wants to LARP as a journo receiving super top secret inside info, he has to give us more evidence than just his word as a random on the internet. A few more calls like the Arrow one and I might start to believe him, but for now he was wrong on Kevvie, wrong on Arrow (see screen 3 below), but then right on Arrow after changing his story later on.

https://i.ibb.co/GMYtRHX/1.png

https://i.ibb.co/4SdgGWr/2.png

https://i.ibb.co/0qrTNW6/3.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (9.1 KB, 219 views)

What you posted just proves my point. You need to sharpen up on your english. Undecided is referring to the club is undecided on Walters. He never once said that his mail was Walters was coming. The second message is RVS's wish not inside information. The third message he is quoting his conversation with Jai. No where does any of these three messages say Walters will be the coach or that he has kept switching his position on Jai. He is just telling you what he has heard and what Jai has indicated with his smile and comment. This is a rumours thread surely someone can say what they have heard without you guys bashing him for sharing. It makes others who have information hesitant to share. Anyway enough said by me. I just think he has been unfairly attacked.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    What you posted just proves my point. You need to sharpen up on your english. Undecided is referring to the club is undecided on Walters. He never once said that his mail was Walters was coming. The second message is RVS's wish not inside information. The third message he is quoting his conversation with Jai. No where does any of these three messages say Walters will be the coach or that he has kept switching his position on Jai. He is just telling you what he has heard and what Jai has indicated with his smile and comment. This is a rumours thread surely someone can say what they have heard without you guys bashing him for sharing. It makes others who have information hesitant to share. Anyway enough said by me. I just think he has been unfairly attacked.
    The full context is available in pages ~20 to 40 of the new coach thread if you want to see for yourself.

I would argue he's brought it on himself with his extreme defensiveness and willingness to go on the attack against anyone who even slightly questions him. In my experience, that is the behaviour of someone who is lying, so I stand by my suspicions and will require several more correct predictions before I start to believe that he's doing anything but parroting what he heard in the media.

QLD Cup

I don't see what the big deal is personally. He made a few remarks about what he had heard from somebody he trusts. It doesn't change anything. I personally think Arrow will stay. He's going through this process because his manager told him to and anybody who says that they wouldn't do the same is a better man than me, or a liar.

RVS isn't posting back and fuelling the fire so I suggest we all just leave it.

Inactive User

I didn’t mean to create a storm with my RVS mention.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post

RVS isn't posting back and fuelling the fire so I suggest we all just leave it.
    No RVS isn't posting back but smitty is. Hey smitty - you're not RVS are you? You seem to have a very good recollection of things.

Anyway if Arrow leaves you (both) have have my apology.