Page 50 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Titanic surely he’d get peppered with cross field elevated kicks all game if he played wing.

Who would Brinsom be on the outside of?
    As you mention we look some what susceptible on the outside left.
    I only mentioned Copley to wing on the anticipation/hope of Peach playing left centre this year and if Peach himself is a little suspect than experience on his outside would be a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That left wing worries me a lot right now. Twice I’ve tried to start a discussion around Brimson being blooded there, any takers. Other clubs blood their players on the wing such as fullbacks, half’s and centers so why don’t we?
    Fullbacks and Centres i agree, cant think of many half's that were blooded there at the moment, but i don't doubt there have been some, although i wonder if they were a taller / more physical than AJ and could handle it more?

that stands for more recent years, you used to be able to stick fast skinny kids out there but not really any more - Although Bevan French could never be confused with a Body Builder, and Gutho for that matter was pretty weedy when he started on the wing.

so maybe i have answered our question right there?

It was French I was thinking of and if AJ is a budding fullback then those high balls are his bread and butter ... just saying.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^ understand what you are saying and that is the obvious comeback but it appears to me that the Wingers get more exposed to the isolated contested balls than the fullbacks

It was French I was thinking of and if AJ is a budding fullback then those high balls are his bread and butter ... just saying.
    yeah the high balls dont worry me for AJ so much, just the play 1s and 2s bringing it back and getting good yardage with heavy contact

i do think if he is truly a half, then bench utility and a few minutes at hooker will teach him more than wing play, and we dont really have a bench utility, only Rein who is a pure hooker i think

If he is ear marked as a Fullback then go for it i guess.

Inactive User

^^^ DB are you trying to bait me by saying we don’t have a bench utility?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We dont anymore...

https://www.zerotackle.com/warriors-...players-31794/

Okay cats out of the bag, Karl Lawton has signed with Warriors.

Bit disappointing really like the bloke, hope he goes well over there.

Lucky we got Rein.

Pushed out by lack of opportunity? I doubt he’ll get much in Kiwi either. Good luck to him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Well I’ll be buggerred.....

On the subject of locals leaving the club, I can’t help but feel this will be Elgeys last season with us however he deserves to prove the doubters like myself wrong and earn a contract renewal. Wonder who’s Brennan five-eight replacement should it be Elgeys last. I feel Taylor is needing a solid experienced 5/8 playing alongside him to take the pressure of him and bring out his best footy. Go with the obvious choice of AJ Brimson but I hope he’s gets a taste of first grade prior. Taylor/Peachy would be a mean pairing but we’d still need to fill our pink elephant currently standing at left centre.

Pushed out by lack of opportunity? I doubt he’ll get much in Kiwi either. Good luck to him.
    Maybe as a replacement for when Johnson inevitably gets injured when the warriors can't make the finals, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    hahaha i was seeing if i could get a cheeky bite for a Lawton Lover who thought i was excluding him on ability, when it was the fact he wasn't going to be here....

Was hoping you'd bite harder Bods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    On the subject of locals leaving the club, I can’t help but feel this will be Elgeys last season with us however he deserves to prove the doubters like myself wrong and earn a contract renewal. Wonder who’s Brennan five-eight replacement should it be Elgeys last. I feel Taylor is needing a solid experienced 5/8 playing alongside him to take the pressure of him and bring out his best footy. Go with the obvious choice of AJ Brimson but I hope he’s gets a taste of first grade prior. Taylor/Peachy would be a mean pairing but we’d still need to fill our pink elephant currently standing at left centre.
    If AJ or Elgey didnt work out, id be more likely to play Carty at 6, and Peachey at 13.

Carty best run of form ( only real run of hot form ) came in the 6 jersey in 2016.

Inactive User

^^^DB I can’t help but think that when you bagged Lawton a couple of days ago that you already knew this news was coming. Anyway well done regardless, I sure look like a goose today (very rare occurrence).

Going into today we were non-compliant with the cap by being one player under....now we are two players under.
    I’m wondering what further developments are in the wind???