Page 212 of 217 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3242

Im really happy with stone re signing. He is one of those underrated toilers that every team needs.

FB_IMG_1601544735022.jpg

Here is some more news. Herbie is a great purchase for the club exactly what we needed, a value center with potential. No idea about these staff signings.

Just a hooker left to go whether that be another 2nd/3rd stringer because every side needs 3 or hopefully snag one of the storm boys but I'm not hopeful. I'm guessing we have one more sport for a middle in our squad of 30 and then I have no idea what other spots we need to fill with rookies.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 01-10-20 at 06:36 PM.

Herbert a great pickup and at a good price I would think. Hooper has a good pedigree and I remember him when he was Athletic Performance Guru at the Drongoes about three years ago.

Herbert is a good signing IMO. Aggressive, strong and high effort player that plays best at right centre. Good defender. Will give us a good option there.

I’m probably a bit bias because he’s come through the NZ Union schoolboy system where I was lucky enough to see him develop before being poached by the dragons, but this is a young bloke who has had to persevere and work hard to get to first grade, and has overcome some really challenging personal circumstances the last few years. I’m excited to see him get an opportunity under Holbrook.

Hugely popular at the Warriors and the general consensus with fans is that they really didn’t want to lose him. Go well Patty
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-10-20 at 07:08 PM.

Inactive User

We got Herbert that’s great. The Strength and Conditioning and Physio signings sound good too

Great news re Herbert. Only leaves a top class hooker to go and the situation at the Storm will soon heat up with Harry Grant saying on stage at the Tigers presentation last night that if Cam Smith is there, he won't be. Even if he isn't playing on then that leaves Brandon Smith and Grant for one spot. I hope Cam plays on as that might throw both on to the market. Happy with either! Will get interesting down there.

Is Herbert a decent goal kicker?
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Is Herbert a decent goal kicker?
    Jamal Fogarty 60%
    Ash Taylor 67%
    Patrick Herbert 75%
    Mick Gordon 81%
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-10-20 at 07:56 PM.

It's wishful thinking but I can't see us signing Brandon Smith when clubs like the bulldogs are ready to offer him around 700-800k a year I've heard and other clubs too are sniffing. Im happy to eat my words.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    It's wishful thinking but I can't see us signing Brandon Smith when clubs like the bulldogs are ready to offer him around 700-800k a year I've heard and other clubs too are sniffing. Im happy to eat my words.
    When you factor in living expense of Sydney and playing for a team with arguably a significantly less bright future in the short term at least, why not head up here. Making assumptions, but any hooker playing behind our forward pack should find their job significantly easier which could result in bigger contracts down the track for him. We'll see how we go. I'm not holding my breath but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Smith either.

What's more expensive in Sydney? The gold coast isn't some cheap holiday anymore. Woolies prices are the same and so are coffee and food prices. If a house is more expensive you end up selling it for a higher price too.

Happy with Stone and very happy with Herbert.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    What's more expensive in Sydney? The gold coast isn't some cheap holiday anymore. Woolies prices are the same and so are coffee and food prices. If a house is more expensive you end up selling it for a higher price too.
    Lifestyle, and in the meanwhile you live in a million dollar asbestos shack in Sydney somewhere you need to be able to service that loan.

Will be interesting to see what Grant and Brandon Smith do if Smith leaves. DOesn't sound like either is willing to play second fiddle to the other.

Good to see we have replaced our conditioning coaches early so we can hit the ground running and standards can be set for turning up to training day 1.

A Physio from the sharks...hope we have a no needle policy in his contract.

Inactive User

https://twitter.com/jessihalloran/st...865997313?s=21

This is obviously a non Titans story but I’d love to read it.
    Could someone please post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://twitter.com/jessihalloran/st...865997313?s=21

This is obviously a non Titans story but I’d love to read it.
    Could someone please post it?
    I could read the story after opening the Twitter link however I tried to copy and paste the link in another more relevant thread and hit the paywall. But you should be able to read the story from Twitter. Pretty big allegations about Sam Burgess in his playing days - but he's retired now so who cares. Some people at Souths may have some big questions to answer.
    As you say Bods, not a Titans story