Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 7: COWBOYS vs TITANS (2018)

COWBOYS vs TITANS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

We can’t afford to be 3W 4L
    So after dropping today’s game it’s time for the medical staff to work overtime and the footy dept to really lock it down this week
    This is a “mini GF”.
    We have to overcome today quickly and win this one.

Worried about what sort of side the titans will assemble, peats if out worries me as this means rein will start and simpkins will have a bench spot as cover
    Plus the cowboys will be out to get a win in a big way in front their home crowd, not linking this already could be a bad one if the cowboys and Thurston click

We're playing better than the Cowboys and that statement includes todays result.

It all depends on our injuries

I have no problem with Rein replacing Peats ... both have their advantages. James and Boyle should be back while Stockwell will be better for the run.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Grand Final week in Townsville, we have James back, Boyle was concussed so we expect him back, Copley an unknown as I expected him to be out however Brennan described him as having “hamstring tightness” and made it sound like he was taken off due to it being a precaution. So maybe Copley plays.
    The definite out is Peats. So who will be the number 17, Simpkins is a contender but he looked like he wasn’t able to keep pace with the game yesterday after his long period out and a few games in QCup.

How about giving Brimson the 17 jumper and a stint at hooker? Does he have playing say 30mins at hooker in him??

I don't think Brimson has even been named in our 21 yet. I'd say it will be Simpkins.

I hope they run with Rein as an 80min hooker, and have a bench of Max King, Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave, Jack Stockwell. Try match up there forward pack.

From Fox Sports:

Titans mail: Dale Copley is expected to be rested this week after suffering a hamstring strain over the weekend. Tyronne Roberts-Davis is an option to replace him, as is Brendan Elliot who has had two weeks back from injury.

Nathan Peats (rib cartilage) won’t play which means Mitch Rein will start at hooker and could play 80 minutes. Ryan Simpkins is likely to be kept on the bench as a utility option in case Rein needs a break.

In a boost for the team, Ryan James returns from suspension and Morgan Boyle (concussion) is also expected to return.

First Grader

Nothing on arrows back spasms...?

I used to have spasms but it was soooo long ago it's just a distant memory
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I hope they run with Rein as an 80min hooker, and have a bench of Max King, Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave, Jack Stockwell. Try match up there forward pack.
    Right or wrong he will run with Simpkins to give Rein some type of rest.
    80 minutes would be to long to expect Rein to be competitive over at this stage.

Ash ok re concussion ? He was out of sorts after his knock.

Have a mate who is located in Townsville and attends all games and long time supporter. JT is struggling big time with his shoulder. Add that to the overall form and all going well we can have a win.
    He also has some name contacts there so waiting for anything he might pass along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I used to have spasms but it was soooo long ago it's just a distant memory

First Grader

5 losses in a row now for the cowboys with Paul green just resigning. They will come out firing you'd imagine