Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'll ask the same question I ask every week: What is the role of Idris out on the field? Can anyone tell me what he is actually bringing to the team?
    Same as every other centre coached by Cartwright...but fans expect more from a highly paid player.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Comic relief?
    A poke in the face and he goes down like he has been shot.

Bunnies went at him in the 2nd half. Burnt him bad by making him do repeat tackles.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Bird should play left centre.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The team played well. Very intense, just a few loose passes. The only difference between a loss and a victory was the two terrible ref decisions that took a try off us and give a obvious knock on try to the Bunnies. That was a 12 point turn around.:boo: If I was Cartwright I'd be asking for an explanation from the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    ........ If I was Cartwright I'd be asking for an explanation from the refs.
    Why bother it doesn't change the result
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    The team played well. Very intense, just a few loose passes.
    I disagree, I don't think you can have a completion rate in the 60s and be playing well. Far too many errors and loose passes were more life stupid choices and their were a lot of those. The game was there for the taking. Refs did not help at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Souths' Maguire concerned over refereeing

By Wayne Heming AAP Sun, Aug 05, 2012 - 7:27 PM

A restrained Michael Maguire expressed concerns refereeing calls had the potential to hurt all NRL teams after two controversial decisions featured heavily in South Sydney's 22-18 victory over the Gold Coast on Sunday.

Just 24 hours after frustrated Manly coach Geoff Toovey called on the NRL to urgently review the obstruction rule after claiming it cost his side two tries in their 8-6 win over the Cowboys, video referee Sean Hampstead again found himself in the spotlight following two disputed first half decisions - both of which fell Maguire's way.

"I think coaches over the past few weeks have emphasised everything about the refs and there were obviously some interesting ones out there again," the Rabbitohs coach said.

"I'll go through the right channels and talk to them about it.

"I just hope at some stage it doesn't hurt us."

Hampstead disallowed a 33rd minute try to Gold Coast winger David Mead, ruling teammate Luke O'Dwyer had pushed rival forward Chris McQueen in the back.

A minute later Hampstead gave the green light to a try up the other end of the field to Rabbitoh winger Justin Hunt after numerous looks at the video.

Titan's skipper Scott Prince however felt a slight touch by McQueen had deflected the ball forward.

"I thought I had it covered," said Prince when asked if there was a deflection.

Cartwright, who in the past has unloaded on match officials was prepared for the line of questioning.

"I thought you (media) would want to talk about that," grinned the Titans coach at the post-match press conference when asked about two highly controversial decisions.

"I don't think anyone would have been surprised if they both had gone the other way."

Cartwright then borrowed a Forrest Gump quote to express his thoughts saying: "you don't really know what you're going to get".

Cartwright's comments may have been different had he not received an official NRL memo last week outlining what coaches could and couldn't say about whistle blowers.

"I don't even know what I can say to be honest with you," he said.

"I'd rather not talk about the refs, they're coping a hard time as it is."

Souths deserved the win, their sixth in a row for the first time since 1994. The final scoreline made closer after late Titans' tries to Aidan Sezer and Kevin Gordon.

Prince, revealed he had "copped a decent spray" from Souths players after speedy winger Andrew Everingham picked off his cut-out pass and sprinted 90 metres to score in the 51st minute to extend the lead to 16-6.

"I just said 'I'm coming back for you, so don't fall asleep'," he said.

Asked if he could repeat what was said to him, Prince replied: "we'll just leave it on the field, that's what normally happens."

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    after speedy winger Andrew Everingham picked off his cut-out pass and sprinted 90 metres to score in the 51st minute to extend the lead to 16-6.
    It was scripted ... first Michaels tried to put him away and then Prince showed him how to do it ... that wasn't what beat us nor the refs, it was the "few loose passes".

Tamwelg is right, we are a professional team and those "little" mistakes are the difference between winning and losing ... and the best prepared players are able to limit them every week.

I loved the game apart from the obvious bad decisions made by Hampstead but i left the Stadium knowing we were beaten by the team that might just win this premiership....& our Team competed for 80 & didn't lay down for a minute

Brilliant games from Bailey who was the best player on the park,
    19 hit ups for 214 meters
    35 tackles
    Myles was awesome too & he does it with far more niggle than most which the opposition hates ..
    15 Hit ups for 119 meters
    43 tackles

The bloke who was the most damaging in attack was Mini who may have dropped a couple of balls but he was trying to play more like Bird .

Agree with someone earlier, Ridge needs more time & i would start with him as he's a better defender than Mini & then change them around where Mini would be more damaging but that change will become a lot harder to do when Bird makes his comeback on Friday night

I may be the only one that thinks Michaels didn't have a bad game

Bring on the Storm , this team has no Fear of them
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Dave wasnt injured and played solid the whole game
    Sure did teke. Dave was magnificent.
    Dave is rad,Dave is hot,Meady has a scrumptious bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious David View Post
    and that's why they're called "fans" ... to lower the temperature

Yeah- there were mistakes but for the most part it was a good game of footy and competitive and I'm not going to say we couldn't ask for more because we could. We could ask for a win.

The refs are the refs. I think their incompetence had an effect on both teams positive and negative from what I saw, and the reports I've seen.

Attention now turns to Melbourne- difficult to get a bead on them with a win over Penriff. Even we flogged them.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Just rewatching now... how many passes were intercepted?!
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Junior Titan Sexy pecksy kahuna shark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious David View Post
    I noticed him limping. I hope that grub Clark gets put on report for headbutting our Davey in the foot.

Angry Official View Rd 22: Souths call right

Stuart Raper & Bill Harrigan NRL.com Mon, Aug 06, 2012 - 6:10 PM

Referees co-coaches Stuart Raper and Bill Harrigan answer your questions from round 22 of the NRL Telstra Premiership.

Roosters v Dragons

Did Rooster Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ground the ball in the in-goal area before setting up Mitchell Pearce's length of the field try in the second half?

The ruling is play-on in this situation because his intention is to get out of the in-goal area. He is not deliberately grounding the ball. Tuivasa-Sheck is not tackled, so he is entitled to get up and run. If the player decides to play-on, it is the same ruling as if he is in the field of play, there is no hand on him, so the tackle is not complete. He has every right to stand up and play on and it is obvious that that is his intention.

See the incident

Cowboys v Sea Eagles

What was Tony Williams's try disallowed for? Did Anthony Watmough's contact with Glenn Hall stop the defence from making a play?

The line Anthony Watmough ran was an obstruction, it was straight at the player. It stopped Glenn Hall from having a chance to make a play.

See the incident

Why was Brett Stewart's try disallowed, did Steve Matai effect the play?

They got this call right, Steve Matai runs straight at Cowboys centre Brent Tate. Brett Stewart runs behind Matai and this action stops Tate from having a chance at making the tackle.

See the incident

Was it the correct call to penalise the Cowboys for being offside which led to the match-winning penalty goal?

Yes, this was the correct decision. It rebounds forward into a Cowboys player who is in an offside position, this was accidental offside, but then he plays at the ball by hitting it away, so the referee had no option but to penalise the Cowboys for being offside.

See it

Raiders v Broncos

Are you happy with the dummy-half try to Travis Waddell? Does the person playing the ball stop the Broncos defence from having a fair shot?

There is no obstruction in this one. The Raiders player playing-the-ball does not impede anyone attempting to make a tackle on Waddell, it is a fair try.

Titans v Rabbitohs

Did Titan Luke O'Dwyer take out Rabbitoh Chris McQueen? Did you agree with the decision to penalise O'Dwyer and disallow the try?

O'Dwyer pushes a player out of the way in his attempt to get the ball and you can't do that. The right decision was to penalise O'Dwyer for this action.

In the 35th minute, is Dylan Farrell offside from the kick before hitting it back to Sam Burgess? Is there a knock on from Chris McQueen before the Rabbitohs score?

They got the correct decision on this. When you freeze frame the first kick, it shows that Dylan Farrell is on side. He hits it back to Sam Burgess who then kicks the ball back across field and there is a contest for the ball. Chris McQueen does clearly touch the ball, but it goes backwards off his hands. The ball then hits Scott Prince, who is behind McQueen, and the ball travels towards the Titans in-goal area off Prince's hands. This is why it appears the ball has travelled forward. But it has not come forward off McQueen. It is a fair try.

Bulldogs v Knights

What did you make of the penalty against the Knights in the 78th minute due to a non-tackle call?

This was a very harsh penalty against Newcastle. It should have just been play-on.