Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    What an absolute champ Friend is
    You can keep your Smith & Farah this bloke is the games best no9 & just to add to his toughness the guy doesn't take Any Painkillers , he doesn't beleive in them
    #itaintweaktospeak

Okay, Walker is probably fit next week, Tagataese, Graham, Akau'ola all playing QLD cup this weekend. 4 guys who could be wearing #4 instead of Delaney. Who do you choose?

I would rather a broom handle stuck in the ground near the halfway then Delaney, so any of those options are better Imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

In reality it has to be walker and then Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Loved seeing the Titans hammer the Broncos. That is what it is all about, that derby!

Ash was a welcome return and celebrated with a try. Prince was in fine form, fantastic form, just at the right time of year. Keep it coming.

Friend was great once again, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. When he left the field we did fall apart in defence and we eased in attack. Not good. Well done to Nathan for playing with a crook ankle, wouldn't have been easy. Hopefully he can further recover for the Cowboys game. The Broncos truly did lift in the last 20 and while things we did did help that, I can't take away from that purple patch from the Broncos.

I will have to agree that Delaney should be replaced. Rogers, Walker or Tags would be good options.

Gordon, he is turning into my favourite winger since Willie Carne and Mead isn't far behind! How lucky are we to have such tremendous wingers? Certainly a highlight of the Gold Coast line up and something to be feared.

Hodges flick pass from dummy half was rugby league magic. I had never seen that before and it sucked us in 100%

Awesome crowd, especially with most Broncos fans sooking off and staying home. All that attended are a credit to the Broncos. It was also very vocal and loud. I have only watched half the Tv coverage, but the atmosphere was electric. And Vossy mentioned "Gee it's a noisey crowd tonight!" and someone else commented "And the atmosphere, it's rugby league paradise." Well done Titans fans and the Broncos fans who added to it.

And to repeat the obvious, we need to play 80 mins and have a killer instinct.

See you at the Gold Coast vs Cowboys! http://www.ticketek.com.au - get ya tickets folks!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Got no problem with Delaney, I thought he had a good game. Just wish he wouldn't drop those odd balls every so often.

Titans bad last period wasn't even a bad 20 minutes, it was just that last 15.
    Broncos scored 18 points in just 15 minutes, not good enough.

The problems started when, I think it was Laffranchi, tried to barge over on the last tackle rather than kick it into the area and get another set of tackles. Broncos got possession and scored in the next set, I think.
    After that there was just a serious of bad decisions at the wrong times.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post

The problems started when, I think it was Laffranchi, tried to barge over on the last tackle rather than kick it into the area and get another set of tackles. Broncos got possession and scored in the next set, I think.
    After that there was just a serious of bad decisions at the wrong times.
    Prince was apoplectic after they screwed up the 5th there. Did it a few times this game and a lot over recent weeks, should be a focus in training to execute last tackle plays better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Got no problem with Delaney, I thought he had a good game. Just wish he wouldn't drop those odd balls every so often.
    Walker and Mead have 13 tries between them this year, and I think the only one Delaney touched the ball for was the buzzer beater against the Roosters. Delaney has 1 try. He still gets great metres and is a solid defender, but if he insists on playing like a backrower get him out of the centres, especially if he's not part of the team's future plans.
    Last edited by kwigibo; 25-07-09 at 03:19 PM.

I don't want to be too negative. After all, a win is a win....
    However, someone needs to tell the players that 'clocking off' every time they have a comfortable lead isn't going to cut it in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    However, someone needs to tell the players that 'clocking off' every time they have a comfortable lead isn't going to cut it in the finals.
    Yea mate it is frustrating and it shreds our Premiership crediability. We need to DIE HARD and PUT EM TO THE SWORD. And other appropriate cliches. I think we do die hard to an extent, just need to kill 'em.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea mate it is frustrating and it shreds our Premiership crediability. We need to DIE HARD and PUT EM TO THE SWORD. And other appropriate cliches. I think we do die hard to an extent, just need to kill 'em.
    premiership cred will come when we play well in our first finals game, wait for it. we have choked before the finals even arrived last 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    I'm sure that if Mini, Friend and Harrison didn't come off in the last 20 minutes or thereabouts, it wouldn't have looked as bad as it did.

Harro did not play at all in the second half and Friend and Mini only played small minutes.

Apparently those three are no sure thing for the Cowboys game with Harro (rib cartlidge from Origin ) and Mini with a corked knee described as 'touch and go for Friday' at recovery this morning.

The way Friend goes you would imagine it would take nothing short of a broken leg to keep him off the park, and God knows we need him - he is the glue that holds our centre third in tact.

The first 60 minutes was the Titans at their best! The next 20 they took their foot off the gas and let the Broncos score 3 tries which i found disappointing. Yes the Broncos were depleted but still, its 17 v 17 so it really comes down to who plays better not whos in each team. Hodges was a threat all night for us but we kept him at bay. Prince...what a champ, his try was great and Zillman was as strong as ever in fullback.

GO YOU TITANS!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Everyone who i know that follows the Titans has had a word about Delaney. Personally I like him as a player, a player that plays in the second row. He is not a dangerous centre and never will be but his defence is pretty dam good.

What we might make up in attack with Rogers or Walker we might lose something in defence. Im pretty sure the coaching staff is well aware of the Delaney situation.

Cowboys just went down to the Panthers so I am expecting the Titans to convincingly beat them this week.