Page 52 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Hopefully the Tom Burgess rumour is just that, a rumour. Honesty neither Burgess, Gaigai or Johnston would be a good signing. We'd be helping the Rabbitohs offload their most over payed players to us, freeing cap space for them while screwing ours. None of them would come cheap and that means kissing goodbye whatever wriggle room in our cap we have to do a roster shakeup/rebuild. All of those 3 have already played their best football and are on the downturn. Corey Allan is a dud, the only signing that would improve our team is Murray and there's no chance they'll let him go nor would he'd want to come to us.

Signing Burgess would only block Fotuaika's game time/development. We shouldn't release Arrow to them at all. They need him to play finals and be premiership contenders.

We should be targeting Reed Mahoney and Briton Nikora for 2021. Hopefully we release Latu soon and pick up someone like Lachlan Timm who's been by far the best middle forward in either State Cup comps.

https://www.zerotackle.com/proof-tha...f-touch-47497/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...13311a06a6c683
    Glorious post mole

+1 for Mahoney. I think he would be great but think he just re-signed if I recall correctly
    Last edited by Randomologist; 20-01-20 at 02:40 PM.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Do you think if LATU goes, that ASIATA might come true?

Can anyone get the article in cm about aj being an origin super sub?

Junior

Latu is gone.

The club has today agreed to release Leilani Latu, with the prop moving to English Super League club Warrington Wolves.

��➡️ http://bit.ly/2NNOVlh

Like a belated Christmas present.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Whoever at the club managed to polish that turd into an "offloadable" commodity deserves a lobster dinner.

Good to see him gone, will free up some decent space and we will be 2 short now, so I wonder if we are talking to anyone atm or someone’s getting promoted

great news and he was on good coin so will free a bit of cap space

Finally they said it

Would we now have the funds for the English guy ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

That is bloody awesome news, frees up some decent cash for us between him and Arrow. That might be a chance Bayside but I would be a huge fan of getting both Tino early and also getting Asiata as well. There's our left backrower and lock. Fills the two crucial positions we need rather than a Pommy prop where we are already stacked with James, Wallace, Mo, Boyd etc

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Finally they said it
    Yeah was getting a little nervous that the mail we reported was right or not.
    I think we need to be very patient with the money.
    Don’t give up Arrow unless we get a great swap in return. He’s a SOO player and will probably soon be a Kangaroo.

You wouldn’t swap a mansion for a block of land or a nice suburban home would you??
    I’d rather squeeze Arrow Dry and get off the bottom of the ladder, get rid of dead weight next season and bring in Tino and let Holbrook bring in the lads he wants in 2021 then give Arrow away for something of lesser value.

Same with the Latu money. Just wait until something really good comes along. Patience.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah was getting a little nervous that the mail we reported was right or not.
    I think we need to be very patient with the money.
    I very much agree with this. I think that is important that we see how the team performs under the new coach before we blow all of our money again. I also think that we need to understand the balance of the squad and how Holbrook intends on playing so we can fill the gaps where we need them. The only player that is on the market currently that I would make an exception for would be D Fafita (as far as I'm aware he still has not signed for Brisbane).

I do feel a bit sorry for Latu. He was brought here from Brennan with the promise of first grade and really hasn't been given a fair crack. In the trial games when he first arrived he looked like he would go alright but never really got an opportunity after that. I'll admit that he looked less than average playing for Tweed but I just wonder if he had a falling out with Brennan somewhere along the way. To have Stockwell preferred ahead of you must really diminish your confidence I would think. Anyway it sounds like it was a mutual parting with the club so hopefully he enjoys his time in Super league.

On a side note, in the team photos it looks like Don is still holding down his position on the wing. When will they ever learn? Why not give GL, Spry or Pearson a crack. I can't handle watching him run softly into the line on kick returns or shooting out of the line on defence for a whole other season.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Can anyone get the article in cm about aj being an origin super sub?
    Titans rising star AJ Brimson gets shot at Queensland’s Emerging Origin camp

https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Queensland coach Kevin Walters’ hunt for new talent might just have found a surprise answer to the Maroons’ bench utility role for State of Origin 2020.

Gold Coast young gun AJ Brimson has emerged as Queensland’s next Origin super sub.

Brimson will attend Queensland’s Emerging Origin camp next month as Maroons coach Kevin Walters plots to break a two-year losing streak to NSW.

The Maroons’ depth has been tested over the past two years following the representative retirements of Origin legends Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis.

Walters invited Brimson into Queensland’s camp for last year’s decider to give the Gold Coast dynamo a taste of an Origin build-up.

The Maroons used Moses Mbye and Michael Morgan in the bench utility role last year, but they are both in the mix for a centre berth this season with the Maroons lacking outside backs.

Walters is on the hunt for fresh talent and Brimson is one of the state’s rising stars, with the ability to play a range of backline positions.

The 21-year-old will be given first crack at the Gold Coast’s fullback duties this season and said he wanted to maintain his utility value in case an Origin call-up arrives.

“It was crazy being around a lot of good players, ones that I look up to and watched my whole childhood,” Brimson said of Queensland camp.

“Sometimes I think I’m not that far away from playing Origin, but then I think I am pretty far off it. It’s a hard one.

“It doesn’t matter if I’m playing halves or fullback, if I played No.14 (utility) it would be a similar role anyway. I’m open to playing that 14 role.

“Kevvie told me to back myself and keep running the footy. I had to be confident. We’ve got the camp coming up in February, so he’ll have a bit more to say there.”

Brimson has floated between the halves, fullback and bench during his 36-game NRL career over the past two seasons.

He will step into the Titans’ No.1 jersey vacated by the retired Michael Gordon, however Gordon will make a brief return when he features in next month’s Nines tournament in Perth.

Brimson said he was relishing being able to focus on fullback under new coach Justin Holbrook.

“He’s given me the role and told me early on he wants me to play fullback,” Brimson said.

“For him to say ‘I’m giving you a crack at fullback at the start of pre-season so make it your own’ is confidence-boosting for me.

“Last year I didn’t know whether to catch bombs at the end of a training session or kick for the fullback. I can really focus and put all my concentration on that.

“It’s up to me to knuckle down, work hard, make it my own and play consistent footy there.”

Gordon has remained at the Titans as an assistant coach and is working closely with Brimson on the nuances of being at the back.

And he is tipping big things from Brimson in his third season in the NRL.

“I’ve told a few people I’ve got some predictions for AJ this year, but I’ll keep them in-house,” Gordon said.

“He’s a great player and great kid. He’s going to have a long career ahead of him. There’s no doubt he can make fullback his own for a long time.

“Last year he was coming off a shoulder reco and not training until after Christmas. This year he hasn’t missed a session, he’s killing it in the gym and on the field.

“He’s got a great attitude and is a great kid, so I’m really excited about it.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER