Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Okay, The Questions has got to be asked..

Righto, cut to the chase. .

Apart from not being able to cop criticism from 'True Titans Fans'. Why did we get the unannounced chop from the Titans like we did? It was rather unceremonious and sudden. The way it appears from their actions, there was little regard shown to us. They could've allowed you guys to redirect from the old address until this site was up 'n running.

So C'mon Fella's, fess up without a diplomatic approach please. Give it to us straight. Surely we deserve that at the very least..

they just don't like their fans...
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Tell us the inside goss. I like a good ol' gossip

I can appreciate that it was a decision the club wanted to make and it sounds like our leaders of the forum knew and were planning the change.

All I will say is that if our mighty David May was still involved, he would have said "guys, it's time for the forum and the club to severe ties officially, but we support your right to have a voice and an independent forum can be located here.." Then we all migrate and happy days...

We are once again mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I can appreciate that it was a decision the club wanted to make and it sounds like our leaders of the forum knew and were planning the change.

All I will say is that if our mighty David May was still involved, he would have said "guys, it's time for the forum and the club to severe ties officially, but we support your right to have a voice and an independent forum can be located here.." Then we all migrate and happy days...

We are once again mushrooms.
    Mate your not seriously asking this club to be transparent, and honest are you? This is not what this club was built on.

That is why, they only have a limited support base, and half of them are missing chromosomes. The Titans would rather spend millions each year trying to get new supporters then keep there current ones.

Pity help Daryl and co, trying to wrestle the significance out of Searle's hands, i have a feeling he would rather see it burn then let go of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I'm going to be diplomatic but I will say that I am disappointed with how it was handled from their end.

Nearly a year ago I eagerly agreed to have the forum as independent after the club complained about some comments printed in the media about the Scott Prince saga.

After that the next step for me was what we have here, our own brand, own domain and own server. And as DB said, I'm sure it would have been smooth if David May was still CEO. I also profoundly disagree with anyone who believes that David May's activity on the forum was a bad thing for the Titans, it was an inspiration to me and won us all over to the club again. Never seen anything like that, best CEO Rugby League has seen. Moving on...

A few events and non events were the final straws. It's not really important.

As Toads said "It was rather unceremonious and sudden" and after 9 seasons of operation, I would have liked a healthy transition. I also agree that it would have been ideal to have the domain redirected here (The name would automatically change to LeagueofTitans.com.au) for at least a month. I wanted to shake hands and part ways.

The abrupt way it happened made it into a far bigger and more suspicious turn of events. (I mean we do have 3,500 Members and then the people that they know and all the lurkers. Handle with care?) I was already trying to lay down the notion earlier in the week that some positive change was about to happen and to stay tuned.

I'm not too interested in covering this ground and more interested in having some fun because that is why we follow footy. But I think we have all been tested with the experience but at the end of the day no good would have come from us packing up and giving up. I think recommitting ourselves to our club is a healthy thing, here we can all own it and become a positive force.

I began searching for a new name earlier in the year and settled on League of Titans not just for its obvious reference to our club and our sport and that it kind of sounds either super heroic or mythological but that in my mind we are a round table of Titans supporters. And I think this will forge those bonds tighter than ever. I'd like to see a legacy built here and do some amazing things that enriches us all.

Tam was also johnny on the spot and backed up the database so we can rebuild on our terms. We still lost a couple of days, but consider that a scar and chicks dig scars.

So in the end we are where I wanted us to be for a very long time, just with lots of drama mixed in. And it feels right.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 15-07-13 at 06:59 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Love your diplomacy DH, considering the circumstances. Also laughed out VERY loud with Coaster's most recent post. I get really annoyed when people say, "Why are you getting caught up with the stuff behind the scenes?" I say this to these people: When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

In many ways, it seems that the club has made me (and many of us) to take that backwards step, hence the change of the forum. But maybe we need to view it as a step forward. As DH said, in essence, we are a group of supporters sitting around a table, thinking of ways to make what we have better. I really like that we are all constructive in our views and opinions. That can only make for good conversation, right?

When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.
    Going to use this as a quote, it is worthy.

Love your passion Brad.

Talking

Maybe I should have said, "When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are not being made...."

Maybe I should have said, "When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are not being made...."
    no too late, i have you on record, cant change now, no do overs

Haha, all good mate! Still stand by what I originally said. Hard for me to take a backward step, with all the emotional involvement over the past few years, but the right decision nonetheless.

Haha, all good mate! Still stand by what I originally said. Hard for me to take a backward step, with all the emotional involvement over the past few years, but the right decision nonetheless.
    yeah i posted my memberships back just over an hour ago, and there was a moment while balancing them in the postbox, i thought should i?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    yeah i posted my memberships back just over an hour ago, and there was a moment while balancing them in the postbox, i thought should i?
    I know mate. When I saw that pic on Facebook, I thought, "Bloody hell, he's doing it!" It's a small action but emotionally a very big thing to do. The bloke you sent them to will love them. Very nice idea.

So how do we advertise this forum? I dunno how everyone is meant to find their way back here

Facebook? Twitter? Maybe DH has plans already?