Page 30 of 217 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

I hope Arrow has read the article on Flegler from the Donkies. He reportedly has turned down $1.8 mil to stay at the Donkies. I wonder something .... if Arrow stayed at the Broncos would he to stay for less ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I hope Arrow has read the article on Flegler from the Donkies. He reportedly has turned down $1.8 mil to stay at the Donkies. I wonder something .... if Arrow stayed at the Broncos would he to stay for less ??
    Good question because he didn’t not matter what malarkey he might spruce and I think he will do it again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    That reads as if he has lost $1.8m by staying at the Broncos, whereas I assume he turned down a $1.8m contract to stay at the Broncos. In other words he signed for, say, $1.6m and one of their "third party" deals covered the rest.

Rep Player

I’ve mentioned him before but I think we should have a look at Kyle Turner. He’s not a superstar but he is experienced, defends well in a position we’ve had huge problems with (left second row), has a good head on his shoulders, and would be cheap as chips.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...939f953e47086e

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’ve mentioned him before but I think we should have a look at Kyle Turner. He’s not a superstar but he is experienced, defends well in a position we’ve had huge problems with (left second row), has a good head on his shoulders, and would be cheap as chips.

I don't necessarily have anything against him but I don't see how he would fit into our squad. We need a hard running back rower that can break the line, not another mr reliable. We already have Proctor and Stone that suit that role.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I don't necessarily have anything against him but I don't see how he would fit into our squad. We need a hard running back rower that can break the line, not another mr reliable. We already have Proctor and Stone that suit that role.
    Plus already have local junior second rowers coming into the side

First Grader

I would also pass on Turner. We need to start recruiting players that will improve the squad otherwise invest the money on securing our best juniors.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would also pass on Turner. We need to start recruiting players that will improve the squad otherwise invest the money on securing our best juniors.
    Ditto

Rep Player

If we can nab him for close to minimum wage and use him mostly as depth, what’s the problem?

Immortal

Already in our Top 30 we have a bigger stronger faster version of Turner in Darius Farmer.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Already in our Top 30 we have a bigger stronger faster version of Turner in Darius Farmer.
    How exciting is that

First Grader

If we can nab him for close to minimum wage and use him mostly as depth, what’s the problem?
    Because if we invest in our best juniors at minimum wage we will get much more upside over a longer period of time than someone who is on the downslide in their career. Please no more recruiting of journeymen

Turner is one head knock away from developing CTE.

Rep Player

I think you guys place too much emphasis on juniors. Experience is important because if half your team are rookies, it doesn’t matter how talented they are if there’s no one to show them the way. Then they crack under the pressure and you have an Ash Taylor situation.

I think you guys place too much emphasis on juniors. Experience is important because if half your team are rookies, it doesn’t matter how talented they are if there’s no one to show them the way. Then they crack under the pressure and you have an Ash Taylor situation.
    I couldn't agree more. I've seen so many juniors have their tyres pumped up on here, then to see very average players turn out when they get a chance at nrl level. I've always had the view that if juniors are good enough then they'll make it regardless of who we buy. How many young forwards have been given a chance in the last couple of seasons and we haven't had any great prospects stand out. I certainly think junior development is a high priority but we must recruit externally as well. Juniors who develop can and be poached by other clubs just as much as any other player so thinking they'll stay regardless is misplaced thinking. That's not to say we should just buy any discard on the market.
    The secret seems to be ensuring that imports we buy don't go backwards when they get here.