Page 71 of 160 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2400
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Remember when there were articles about Pat Politini being compared to Cam Smith.........

Hope we can get a player in here that we improve rather than send to their demise.

Fogerty isn't contracted to us is he?
    All from memory, but Jamal is a Beaudesert junior who came through the Titans 20’s. Wasn’t picked up by the NRL squad and went to Burleigh. Had some success, led them to the 2016 premiership. Signed with Parramatta. Went down but was down the pecking order in the rabble of halves they had at the time, and then Mitchell Moses was signed so he asked for a release and came back to Burleigh.
    I think it was 2017, and we were having dramas with our halves and he got promoted to the Titans squad from Burleigh, and eventually Played a game, all be it off the bench from memory. As far as I know it was a contract for that season only, and we have since upgraded AJ and recruited Roberts, and Jacks.
    There is nothing wrong with him. He is a very good footballer. I just think he came through with a lot less fanfare than Ash and Kane etc and never had the hype.
    If you watch him at Burleigh, he is very good at controlling a game, dictating the pace and places his kicks well.
    He would probably do really well at the Titans, cos Burleigh also seem to have a revolving door in their halves positions (the number of injuries to the halves over the last two years has been horrific!) but I guess that also shows just how dominant and controlling he can be.

Well we're losing so we can't do much worse. But it wouldn't say much for signing Jacks and then side stepping him to sign another half and play him. Someone would have to admit another bad signing whilst asking for the money to sign Fogerty.

Triple M saying Jai Arrow's future at the Titans is up in the air. More than half a dozen clubs are trying to lure him away from us. What's interesting though, is that part of his decision is going to depend on what happens with Garth. Don't know if that means he's hoping that Garth gets the chop, or whether he wants Garth to stick around.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Arrow's been a guest on 2 podcasts recently and on both he said that he genuinely wants to stay on the Gold Coast, this is his home and I think having his girlfriend and 2 dogs here will go a long way to keeping him here. To be fair this was before we blew multiple leads but unless we are absolutely hopeless over the next 2 years I can't imagine him leaving. The humble fella even said "I'd love to stay on the Gold Coast if they want me."

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Arrow's been a guest on 2 podcasts recently and on both he said that he genuinely wants to stay on the Gold Coast, this is his home and I think having his girlfriend and 2 dogs here will go a long way to keeping him here. To be fair this was before we blew multiple leads but unless we are absolutely hopeless over the next 2 years I can't imagine him leaving. The humble fella even said "I'd love to stay on the Gold Coast if they want me."
    That is great to hear. What podcasts? Always keen to hear our players speak more candidly or on a wide range and depth of topics.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

He was on The NRL Podcast with Jamie Soward about 3 weeks ago, and Ryan James did one the week after. He also did one with Denan Kemp's The Locker Room Network, that was recorded in Round 8 last season unfortunately but he only uploaded it last week so it's easy to find. Both are really worth checking out, Jai seems like a great honest bloke and the club would seriously have to mess up to lose him.

Interesting stat here from the players poll:

If you had to leave your club, which team would you want to sign with?

27% - Roosters
    15% - Storm
    15% - Broncos
    9% - Rabbitohs
    8% - Titans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    He was on The NRL Podcast with Jamie Soward about 3 weeks ago, and Ryan James did one the week after. He also did one with Denan Kemp's The Locker Room Network, that was recorded in Round 8 last season unfortunately but he only uploaded it last week so it's easy to find. Both are really worth checking out, Jai seems like a great honest bloke and the club would seriously have to mess up to lose him.
    Awesome to hear about Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Interesting stat here from the players poll:

If you had to leave your club, which team would you want to sign with?

27% - Roosters
    15% - Storm
    15% - Broncos
    9% - Rabbitohs
    8% - Titans
    Very encouraging, didn't we see a similar result a year or two ago?

I think it has to do with the lifestyle and maybe the lower cost of living. But we can make the Titans more attractive, by building a healthy and winning culture. I think players would be interested being around Mal.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Whilst it is great to see us being a team that players want to come to, I still worry it is for a different reason. I fear a lot of players come to us to either a). retire on a nice pay packet or b). come here to play on big coin and not really give a crap about giving over 50% effort on gameday (e.g Peachey, Idris, Hayne). Maybe just my negativity but it's been proven all too much in the past..

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Whilst it is great to see us being a team that players want to come to, I still worry it is for a different reason. I fear a lot of players come to us to either a). retire on a nice pay packet or b). come here to play on big coin and not really give a crap about giving over 50% effort on gameday (e.g Peachey, Idris, Hayne). Maybe just my negativity but it's been proven all too much in the past..
    You're not alone in your line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Well said couldn't agree more

Inactive User

Local Juniors is the key to us being successful

Lurker think cowboys will announce Reece Robson four year deal. Angry reacts only

I thought he was a chance to come back to his northern rivers roots

Any titans linked up and coming hookers? Politoni didn’t do well in first grade

Immortal

At the U18 level we have Ediq Ambrosyev and Jed Edwards and in the 16's there is Kaden Somerville, Caleb Gould-Waiariki, Oskar Bryant and backrower Bailey Martin is showing real promise in the dummy half tole as well.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Lurker think cowboys will announce Reece Robson four year deal. Angry reacts only

I thought he was a chance to come back to his northern rivers roots

Any titans linked up and coming hookers? Politoni didn’t do well in first grade

Inactive User

We can ply on with Peats and Rein for a few more years
    Neither are nearing retirement yet