Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Any major injuries come out of this game?

'A late shot by Bird.'
    Here we go. I hope this is not a sample of what we can expect this season.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    'A late shot by Bird.'
    Here we go. I hope this is not a sample of what we can expect this season.
    haha you guys dont need much of an invite to sink the slipper in do you? no one ever been put on report in this game of rugby league before? maybe lawn bowls is more your game.

He does Like hitting Thurston late, doesn't he. Carty'll have to keep him away from the kicker or there'll be more of the same I reckon.

Watching the hit briefly on the news it doesn't look like bird will have a case to answer to me. We may struggle in wet games this season, especially if we're light on for props which we were last night. Let's hope we can keep the big fellas on the park.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Just want to retract my previous comments.

There was footage of the hit on ABC news tonight (which you might be able to see also if you head over to their website) and there was NOTHING in it. He should be fine.

If Bird smashed JT & hurt the guy Legally then i hope he does it every week to every teams main play maker .. .. it may be the missing link we were looking for last season

Love them or hate them wouldn't we like to have had a MoiMoi, Croker or Watmough last season ?

I'd say yes
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

MoiMoi, Watmough yes croker no

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    We may struggle in wet games this season, especially if we're light on for props which we were last night. Let's hope we can keep the big fellas on the park.
    Yea I was thinking the same Supergoose. Hopefully this isn't the case as we are bound to run into a fair bit of wet weather.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gordon scored the Gold Coast's only trial in a sloppy 22-4 final trial loss to North Queensland in the Top End, the club's final dustoff before a round 1 showdown with the Warriors at Skilled Park on Sunday week.

After a forgettable night for star recruit Greg Bird in which he suffered a hip knock and coughed up several handling errors, halves partner and Titans skipper Scott Prince warned the club's new scrumbase partnership would be a "work in progress".

While Bird has shown plenty of promise in his previous hitouts for the Indigenous All-Stars and against the Rabbitohs in Coffs Harbour, Prince also warned fans not to expect too much too soon from the ex-Test star.

Prince's passing radar was also off as the club's new halves found the going tough behind an undermanned forward pack.

"It's a work in progress, it's going to take some time and it always will," Prince said. "He's been out of the game for a while in terms of the speed of the NRL. Five-eighth, the way we play in terms of our structure, it takes time but he'll be right.

"It's hard when you're trying to do plays and you can't handle the footy. We worked hard for a penalty, we dropped the ball on the second tackle. It's just hard to get cohesion when you're doing that. It's frustrating but that's footy."

Cartwright admitted there was little his troops could take from the weekend's affair on a boggy Richardson Park field in a game threatened by the monsoonal squals battering the Northern Territory.

"All you can really take out of that is that they got some miles in their legs," he said. "They all tried too hard.

"They were trying to score points off the back of no platform and that was that, they're all out trying to impress. While the negative was the execution wasn't there, the positive was they were keen. They kept turning up, they kept trying, we just didn't adapt to the conditions."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'm not sure that I like the all white look for the away jersey. Here's hoping that we use some light blue shorts or something to break up the white and distinguish us from being a bland away team.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    How did you go tonight? Did you beat Redcliff?
    Are you a little scared your the third team in Qld?
    that woyld be 4-5 seasons away.
    try these 3 steps to success-
    1. recruit at least a third of the best dozen qld juniors to boost your nyc team.
    2. as they prove themselves, give them a tun in the nrl. i think in your first year, an englishman was the only player to make an nrl debut!
    and 3. try to play as well in the finals as you have during the regular season,

Or we could follow the Broncos steps to success.

1. Set up in a city where the only alternative to watching Football is sitting in a park near a disgusting dirty river.
    2. Pretend you are the Queensland team, Colours, Players, even the same ground.
    3. If there is something you do not like, break away and try and start your own competition.
    4. Destroy an entire state league
    5. Systematically suck all your feeder clubs dry, leaving them broke and closed.
    6. Make a deal with your suger daddy to be the only team in South East Queensland for 10 years
    7. Target supporters that know SFA about the above, and will blindly accept any story given to them from the Courier Mail.
    8. Monopolize the Juniors in the area, and rape it for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

My favorite thing on this Forum is "The Coaster Reply"

I Love to Hate the Bronco's
    #itaintweaktospeak