Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

We can beat these guys, they are worse on the road than at home.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...mail-round-24/

Gold Coast welcome Canberra to Skilled Park on Saturday afternoon with a new-look line up.

Five-eighth Beau Henry has been ruled out of the match with an ankle injury which will require surgery.

William Zillman will shift to five-eighth with Esi Tonga joining the side with either he or Bodene Thompson to move to the centres.

Captain Luke Bailey has been ruled out with the flu with Anthony Laffranchi likely to move to the forwards with Luke O’Dwyer to the back row with Preston Campbell as captain.

The Titans can’t afford any more injuries and with no more players available will require a salary cap exemption should another injury arise.

The Raiders are 1-17 but will travel with rookie Jarrad Kennedy as 18th man.

Oh no. Beau and Bails. That is a big blow. I'd back Esi for centre.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...mail-round-24/

The Titans can?t afford any more injuries and with no more players available will require a salary cap exemption should another injury arise.
    Strewth.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

QLD Cup Titan

Man we have been hit hard by injury this season!!!!!!!

Gilly and Carty in the backrow and Murphy in the front row that should liven him up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gilly and Carty in the backrow and Murphy in the front row that should liven him up.
    Not sure about liven them up!

It might be the end for Gilly, Carty and Murphy in the front row...perhaps in their prime!

You've got me wrong ... they are the three I want to liven up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh no. Beau and Bails. That is a big blow. I'd back Esi for centre.
    Beau is not much of a loss, Baily out is the worst thing that could have happened.

The team should be

1. Zillman
    2. Walker
    3. Peyroux
    4. Joseph Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Rankin
    7. Campbell (C)
    8. Laffranchi
    9. Srama
    10. Bodene Thompson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Lawrence
    16. Matthews
    17. Ben Ridge
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 19-08-11 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Beau is not much of a loss, Baily out is the worst thing that could have happened.

The team should be

1. Zillman
    2. Walker
    3. Peyroux
    4. Joseph Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Rankin
    7. Campbell (C)
    8. Laffranchi
    9. Srama
    10. Bodene Thompson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Lawrence
    16. Matthews
    17. Ben Ridge
    Tomane & Walker were released weeks ago....
    Harro was ruled out for the season weeks ago...
    Ridge wasn't due back till next week, unless thats changed???

Where the **** have you been??
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Tomane & Walker were released weeks ago....
    Harro was ruled out for the season weeks ago...
    Ridge wasn't due back till next week, unless thats changed???

Where the **** have you been??
    I have lost interest tbh.
    Sorry my mistake.

A strong win over the Raiders and the Wests Tigers beating the Eels and we could move to 14th.

This game will decide our fate , i hope the boys have been watching Souths play as they have been decimated with injuries too this season & have been playing brilliantly..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Presto wants Titans to go out in style

SKIPPER Preston Campbell has vowed the Gold Coast Titans will turn on the razzle dazzle against the Canberra Raiders at Skilled Park tonight in a bid to rediscover their winning style and lift themselves out of the NRL cellar.

Renowned for their attacking style of football in recent seasons, the flamboyance has been absent from the Titans' play this year.

Inspired by a burst of flair during the final 20 minutes of last Saturday's loss to Melbourne, retiring halfback Campbell admitted it could be just the tactic the Titans needed to launch themselves off the bottom of the table and finish the season and his career on an exciting note.

"That just sort of happened, I don't know where that came from (last week), it hasn't been around for a long time," Campbell said.

"I think that just shows that we would like to enjoy our last few games (this year).

"You might see it again. We have got a game plan so we'll stick to that but if that comes about it will be good. I think it will be good to be able to play like that."

For Campbell, adding an element of flair to the Titans attack is a win-win situation.

"Obviously I enjoy playing like that and I think the spectators enjoy watching it," Campbell said.

"Canberra have got big guys but we need to concentrate on turning them around and look to go through them.

"We can't go around them because they have some skilful, youthful backs but later in the game when we're doing the work upfront, maybe we can throw it around a little bit."

Titans coach John Cartwright had no qualms about Campbell playing what he sees in front him, saying his experience against a youthful Raiders halves pairing of Josh McCrone and Sam Williams is a big advantage for the home side.

"I've got no worries about Preston," Cartwright said. "He knows he has got three games left in his career and he is really buzzing. He is looking forward to it."
    Should the West Tigers beat Parramatta tomorrow, a win for the Titans will elevate them off the bottom of the NRL ladder on equal points with Canberra but trailing the Raiders on for and against.

Campbell admitted avoiding the dreaded wooden spoon was extra motivation for tonight's crucial clash.

"It's a big game," Campbell said. "Sitting at the bottom is not where I'd like to be when I finish up, so we will be trying our best.

"It will be a tough one for us. Even though Canberra haven't been going really well they have got a good side."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 20-08-11 at 07:48 AM.

I hope you left the $1.70 alone... We're out to $1.74 with the corporates and $1.81 on the betting exchange which is usually a better indication of where the true price is.

The bookies can't get us out too far or the big punters who took Canberra at around $2.20 will be able to step in heavily to the Titans and guarantee a profit either way.

With Bailey out I really don't like our chances now... I'm more hopeful than confident.

The team that runs out will tell us a lot about the coaching staff tonight too. How on Earth does O'Dwyer make the run-on ahead of Thompson?? He was pathetic against the Storm. If Thompson starts in the centres as the story says he might the coaching staff are just kidding themselves.