Page 47 of 176 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast

What player wouldn't want to play behind our pack, work under Holbrook and live on the Coast ... it's a yes from me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

SJ is too injury prone for me, love the bloke otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    SJ is too injury prone for me, love the bloke otherwise.
    Have you seen/heard his recent podcast with Bloke in a Bar? He’s an impressive dude hey. Big fan.

Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Titans new boy Herman Ese’ese could fill Cowboys’ McGuire void as Crichton re-signs at Bondi
    NRL PREMIERSHIP
    George Clarke
    April 14, 2021 7:11am
    GEORGE CLARKE
    Source: FOX SPORTS
    New Titans signing Herman Ese’ese has been tossed up as a possible option to fill the void left at the Cowboys by Josh McGuire.
    The former Australian international joined St George Illawarra later this week, leaving the Cowboys light on in the middle.

Following the exit of Wiremu Greig to Parramatta, the Cowboys are likely to promote from within for this season.

But next year they have spots to fill, and while a halfback remains their priority it hasn’t stopped Ese’ese being thrown up as an option.

The New Zealand-born forward has a player option at the Titans for next year so has every right to look at his plans for the future.

It’s unlikely a move would be on the cards for this season and there’s been no formal offer from the Cowboys.

Ese’ese quit Newcastle for the Titans long before David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui made the switch to the Glitter Strip.

Unlike the other two, however, he has yet to have a chance to show what he can do in Titans colours.

There’s been no falling out or poor commitment to training, however, Ese’ese just wants to get on the field.

The forward had an interrupted pre-season before making his way back to action via the Queensland Cup with Tweed Seagulls where he lost his two front teeth.

He had to have those two teeth screwed back in and then missed action in the Queensland Cup due to the Easter and COVID-19 breaks.

He was named as 19th man for the Titans’ clash with Manly this weekend.

Rep Player

With so many Kiwis on the coast SJ would be a marketer’s dream. On his day, as good as Hayne ever was but without the ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    What player wouldn't want to play behind our pack, work under Holbrook and live on the Coast ... it's a yes from me.
    If we could get SJ to play every game like he usually does against the Titans that would be great. I would have a crack at him. If we paid, say $600k, we would get him and have about $400k left of Ash's wage. A great deal.
    My only concern with SJ is that many games you don't see him, but when he is hot he is up there with the best.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    If we could get SJ to play every game like he usually does against the Titans that would be great. I would have a crack at him. If we paid, say $600k, we would get him and have about $400k left of Ash's wage. A great deal.
    My only concern with SJ is that many games you don't see him, but when he is hot he is up there with the best.
    Yeah agreed. I think he has always looked best when he hasn’t had to be the on field general. Fogs does that for us so could form a good combo with SJ.

Herman to the Cowboys would be good for us. He's on a decent contract for a player that is origin cover only at the moment.

Shaun Johnson on the Titans would mean that's one less player that always tears us apart every single time. You'd have to be cautious with his achilles but he's almost a perfect fit here at 6 IMO.

Clarkey from the column reckons he's got mail that another club are really keen on Peachey and there's a good chance he won't resign with us. He won't say what club it is. Hopefully we can sort something out with him

Hopefully we do offload Ese'ese I think he is surplus to our needs, we got Sam Mcntyre anyways. That extra cash can help with a hooker, outside.back and maybe a half depending on Atay. Or resigning peachey

It's a no for me on Johnson. Too inconsistent in my opinion. Goes missing when the going gets tough. I'm actually happy paying ash way less and staying with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    It's a no for me on Johnson. Too inconsistent in my opinion. Goes missing when the going gets tough. I'm actually happy paying ash way less and staying with him.
    I tend to agree but you could argue he played behind some of the more average forward packs in the game at best during his prime. 2011-2016 Shaun Johnson probably destroys worlds on an edge between Fifita and Brian Kelly. Current SJ is still a fine playmaker and at the very least is solid insurance if we end up refusing to get in a bidding war for Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Current SJ is still a fine playmaker and at the very least is solid insurance if we end up refusing to get in a bidding war for Ash.
    A bidding war for Ash? He has been able to negotiate with anyone since November. Just silence.