Page 128 of 160 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2400

Chasing Fifita is about the craziest thing I've heard come out of club since the announcement of Zillman's last contract. C'mon, Mal. If you're going offer up furphy's, make them somewhat believable.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Chasing Fifita is about the craziest thing I've heard come out of club since the announcement of Zillman's last contract. C'mon, Mal. If you're going offer up furphy's, make them somewhat believable.
    I believe it's for 2021 whereas the salary cap restrictions that prevent us from signing Glenn are for 2020. Fifita isn't unrealistic, just not good value at the 800k+ he's apparently attracting.

Yeah, I realised he was talking about 2021 after I posted that. But even then, Mal's getting a bit head of himself even if we can go shopping November 1. That's not going to do much for our 2020 campaign, it's as if he's trying to overlook next season even though not much can be done about it.

Anyway, it'd be dead money even if we did get Fifita here (on the cheap) for 2021 onwards, because he'd turn into a plodder like the rest of them in no time. If the club wants to build culture back into the establishment, get onto Roger's, Bull, Friendly, Birdy, etc... They're more likely to get some spark back into the joint moreso than any other, they lived and breathed it in their time.

Rep Player

I agree with you mate. It all starts with culture. I’m really optimistic about Holbrook and Mal working together on this front.

One thing I liked about watching the interview with Tanah Boyd ( At Keebra ) is how he spoke like he was home and had buy in about being one of the players that will change the culture etc and move the club forward.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Yeah, I realised he was talking about 2021 after I posted that. But even then, Mal's getting a bit head of himself even if we can go shopping November 1. That's not going to do much for our 2020 campaign, it's as if he's trying to overlook next season even though not much can be done about it.

Anyway, it'd be dead money even if we did get Fifita here (on the cheap) for 2021 onwards, because he'd turn into a plodder like the rest of them in no time. If the club wants to build culture back into the establishment, get onto Roger's, Bull, Friendly, Birdy, etc... They're more likely to get some spark back into the joint moreso than any other, they lived and breathed it in their time.
    Perhaps they are thinking of telling 10 of the 14 off contract end of 2020 that they are free to negiotate with other clubs from november 1 as at this stage they will not be re-signed and if they get a better contract/offer from next year they can take it and leave a year early?

One can only hope, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Perhaps they are thinking of telling 10 of the 14 off contract end of 2020 that they are free to negiotate with other clubs from november 1 as at this stage they will not be re-signed and if they get a better contract/offer from next year they can take it and leave a year early?
    That’s exactly what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Chris Lawrance anyone?

Sounds like he could leave the tigers and of there's 2 things were missing it's a left side second rower and experience, although he seems to be abit injury prone lately could be good for off field leadership at the right price
    Nope. Age. As much as I like the kind of player he's been, we need to stop being a retirement home.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Nope. Age. As much as I like the kind of player he's been, we need to stop being a retirement home.
    Agreed. Absolutely not.

We have tried bringing flashy players like Peachey, Cartwight and the plodders like Boyd. There aren't many around but we need hard blokes that hate losing like Graham, Gallen etc. to try and put a hard edge into the place. Plus get rid of the 14 off contract plus the million dollar sook.

Fafita will not turn into a plodder, that bloke will be a better buy than Arrow, straight up
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

It’s interesting that it’s reported that Mal is looking at a deal of $1mil to Fafita. To me it’s one of two things 1. Saying to Arrow that if you do leave that’s ok we have a plan B or 2. That he is doing what usually gets done to us. Pump up the value of a player so that the Broncos have to pay a lot more that they want to keep Fifita. Maybe a little gamesmanship if you will.

I look at it that the "journalist" is just making stuff up after Mals email. Making assumptions. To be honest I don't think neither Arrow or Fifita are worth this kind of money. Arrow is injury prone and Fifita has played a handful of great games not entire seasons that would be deserved of money like that.

PS it's F I F I T A

Realistically we are the only chance of getting Fifita if he leaves Brisbane as he still lives at home and his mum said he isn't going anywhere (who would give up getting their washing done and food cooked ) so I can't see him moving to Sydney or NZ. Agree with JB that neither is worth a million IMO, I'd say 800k at most.

Either way though I see this as a positive. Either we get Fifita if we do happen to leave Arrow (which is probably an upgrade in my eyes) or we force the Broncos to pay overs (good to see it go the other way after Taylor, James, Wallace etc). Shows if we do unfortunately leave Arrow it isn't the death of the club as the media seems to think. We have other options.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Realistically we are the only chance of getting Fifita if he leaves Brisbane as he still lives at home and his mum said he isn't going anywhere (who would give up getting their washing done and food cooked ) so I can't see him moving to Sydney or NZ. Agree with JB that neither is worth a million IMO, I'd say 800k at most.

Either way though I see this as a positive. Either we get Fifita if we do happen to leave Arrow (which is probably an upgrade in my eyes) or we force the Broncos to pay overs (good to see it go the other way after Taylor, James, Wallace etc). Shows if we do unfortunately leave Arrow it isn't the death of the club as the media seems to think. We have other options.
    I think Fafita will sign with the Broncos before November but it is nice to see that we are finally throwing our hat in the ring for some decent players. I'd take Arrow over Fafita any day of the week though. Fafita has had maybe 6-7 good games in his career but Arrow has consistently been performing for us in a pretty woeful team since he got here. Not only that but he is a natural leader, he's well spoken and is a perfect role model for our juniors coming through. If he signs on I hope we make him co-captain with James next year.