Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 20: TITANS vs NZ WARRIORS

TITANS vs NZ WARRIORS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

I have never gotten over the disrespect shown by the Warrior Fans in the disrespectful behaviour they displayed when asked to be silent for a few moments after David Mead’s Dad passed away.

Also I don’t recall us ever beating the Warriors at home, certainly not with me in attendance and their fans really rub our noses in it when it’s clear they have it wrapped up.

It’s becoming a sh*t sandwich this season and I’m not ruling out yet the possibility of us getting the wooden spoon.

Gee it would mean a lot to me if we won this one.

The Knights showed that a flat pass on our goal line to a hard running big guy is lethal against us.

NZ through Luke and all their athletic big guys have those ingredients in spades.
    Brennan and our team desperately need to address this.

i don't think we will get spoon bods, the teams below who have won 3 all year would need to win 3 from 6 which i cant see one of them doing let alone two. and that's if we are win less on the road home.

Funny you say you don't recall us winning there because in refreshing you i will put out one flame and enrage another - LG went sick scoring 2 i think, set up another 2 or 3 and we won in a high scoring game where they came back late.

I just want to see improvement, commitment to some sort of game plan and a little bit of respect for our jersey.

Inactive User

^^^^ really??? How can I not remember this. I believe you I’m just stunned I don’t recall it.

Does anyone else remember this?? Wonder how we can look up the history of games between us and them at Robina

PS would really appreciate someone posting evidence or a link to our last win at Robina against NZ if there ever was one.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 23-07-18 at 05:18 PM.

Sorry Bods, i thought you meant away from home. we did that over there. sorry i misread it somehow.

although we did beat them at least once i can recall, in the first semi of 2010 to gain a week off before facing the Roosters in the GF qualifier.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah that would be the last time for sure, you have solved it DB. Well done. It would be that semi in 2010.

That’s because it’s a home game for the warriors. I hate these games just because we are clearly outnumbered in support and we are the home team.

Rep Player

Im excited for this game because im heading down from CQ to watch it! Been a long time between home games! Even shelled out for front row so they better ****ing win! Honestly though will be a tough game but id love for us to finally knock the warriors over at our home ground.

Junior

Titans: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Anthony Don, 3 Konrad Hurrell, 4 Brenko Lee, 5 Phillip Sami, 6 AJ Brimson, 7 Ashley Taylor, 8 Jarrod Wallace, 9 Nathan Peats, 10 Ryan James (c), 11 Kevin Proctor, 12 Keegan Hipgrave, 13 Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14 Mitch Rein, 15 Moeaki Fotuaika,16 Jack Stockwell, 17 Will Matthews

Reserves: 18 Leilani Latu, 19 Brendan Elliot, 20 Morgan Boyle, 21 Kane Elgey

Titans: Will Matthews replaces Leilani Latu on the bench in the only change.

Warriors: 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 2 David Fusitu'a, 3 Gerard Beale, 4 Solomone Kata, 5 Ken Maumalo, 6 Blake Green, 7 Shaun Johnson, 8 James Gavet, 9 Issac Luke, 10 Agnatius Paasi, 11 Isaiah Papali'i, 12 Tohu Harris, 13 Simon Mannering

Interchange: 14 Jazz Tevaga, 15 Sam Lisone, 16 Joseph Vuna, 17 Bunty Afoa

Reserves: 18 Peta Hiku, 20 Karl Lawton, 21 Leivaha Pulu, 22 Mason Lino

Warriors: Blake Green returns at five-eighth for Mason Lino. Tohu Harris is back in the second row; Simon Mannering moves to lock with Adam Blair suspended. Sam Lisone replaces Tevita Satae on the bench.

First Grader

Good to see latu dropped. I felt watching live he was responsible for the last try the Knights scored to win the game. Ball went 2 wide of the ptb he stopped / slowed his run then realised he made a mistake once they passed back inside and was half a metre short of making the tackle. Game was at 24-24 and we're defending on our line.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Good to see latu dropped. I felt watching live he was responsible for the last try the Knights scored to win the game. Ball went 2 wide of the ptb he stopped / slowed his run then realised he made a mistake once they passed back inside and was half a metre short of making the tackle. Game was at 24-24 and we're defending on our line.
    Agree he was looking better but still has these lazy parts of his game, especially in defence.

My only concern is replacing him with Matthews who shouldn't even be in first grade. Bring Boyle in.

Inactive User

What the hell is going on with Boyle?? On recent selection evidence Latu, Matthews and Whitbread are all ahead of him. A year ago when he signed a new contract we were doing cartwheels about him.

The Pipe-Cleaner ... oh well I will just shut the fug up
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What the hell is going on with Boyle?? On recent selection evidence Latu, Matthews and Whitbread are all ahead of him. A year ago when he signed a new contract we were doing cartwheels about him.
    his form for Burleigh hasn't really warranted selection IMO

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    his form for Burleigh hasn't really warranted selection IMO
    And that in itself is puzzling. The guy should have come on in leaps and bounds and he’s floundering.