Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

yeh just read it...
    his a good player n all, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt really got a possie he really excel's at compared to others. which is a bit of a downfall casue u dnt know where to put him

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    yeh just read it...
    his a good player n all, dont get me wrong, but he hasnt really got a possie he really excel's at compared to others. which is a bit of a downfall casue u dnt know where to put him
    You dont know where to put him? Straight into number 1 please.

He looks like the type of player that could some day make a good 5/8.

Queensland loves you Darius, become a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    yeh just read it...
    As Teke has said before Boyd is exactly what the Titans need. Go have a look at the Dragons game highlights for the past few years and see who is the main link getting the ball to the outside backs. With Boyd playing fullback our outside backs would see more ball then ever before. He is one of the most important possible signings spoken about to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Would love to see him as our FULLBACK and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    As Teke has said before Boyd is exactly what the Titans need. Go have a look at the Dragons game highlights for the past few years and see who is the main link getting the ball to the outside backs. With Boyd playing fullback our outside backs would see more ball then ever before. He is one of the most important possible signings spoken about to date.
    Fully agree. Boyd is the player who was responsible for Brett Morris scoring a thousand tries last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Would love to see him as our FULLBACK and nothing else
    Correct! The problem I have with people like this is, he says he wants to stay with his coach (Bennett/Daddy issues), then he pushes his price up "window shopping" with other clubs, and then when he gets offered the dream contract that meets everything he asked for, he says he's thinking of doing something else.

IMHO, whilst Boyd is an awesome footballer, he has always appeared to me as a sort of whingy, whiny, spoilt-brat type of person, and I don't like people who play the sort of mind games he seems to like to play. In other words, maybe his ego is getting to big for his own paycheck?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Correct! The problem I have with people like this is, he says he wants to stay with his coach (Bennett/Daddy issues), then he pushes his price up "window shopping" with other clubs, and then when he gets offered the dream contract that meets everything he asked for, he says he's thinking of doing something else.

IMHO, whilst Boyd is an awesome footballer, he has always appeared to me as a sort of whingy, whiny, spoilt-brat type of person, and I don't like people who play the sort of mind games he seems to like to play. In other words, maybe his ego is getting to big for his own paycheck?
    i heard boyd is a nice guy though i think he has the feeling of if it ain't broke dont fix it with bennett, hell he has been a stand out since leaving with bennett to the dragons and being picked for rep teams and has won 2 premierships and a clive churchill medal, would be pretty nice if he did come though but it isn't necessary.

He may well be a great bloke but his bleating about Tom Shines smacked of "if it ain't Wayne it don't work". Good player all the same.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan

Watch This Space, We might have a new fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    Watch This Space, We might have a new fullback.
    Spit it out

Yeh what are you on about??

Game Plan last night suggested Boyd back to South East Queensland. We're a fifty-fifty if that's true.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Game Plan last night suggested Boyd back to South East Queensland. We're a fifty-fifty if that's true.
    Im getting excited.

Know it's just a rumor but I can't help but feel pumped at the idea of him coming to the Titans

hearing that the broncos have weighed in with a huge deal for boyd to fill the 5/8th spot next year after locky retires