Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    AFL clubs do. Just sayin.
    Lol ... hardly a role model for anyone other than a myopic group of misled, incestuous, self-interested, deluded, ball-fumbling fools.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We shouldn't hide from the fact that this year is pretty much over for us now as a top 8 contender. This year in my opinion should be focused on bleeding some new guys into the team. Guys like Hazard, Elgey, Fogarty, Moseley, Huddson, Coleman and other young players should get a lot of game time this year. It will benefit us in the future when we might possibly have a rebuilt team. The Broncos have done this well with guys like Hunt (not Khunt), McCullough, McGuire, Copley etc all coming through the ranks. Plan for the future with young guys I say and possibly chuck in a DCE or Taumalolo and we might be heading for a good future
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    We shouldn't hide from the fact that this year is pretty much over for us now as a top 8 contender. This year in my opinion should be focused on bleeding some new guys into the team. Guys like Hazard, Elgey, Fogarty, Moseley, Huddson, Coleman and other young players should get a lot of game time this year. It will benefit us in the future when we might possibly have a rebuilt team. The Broncos have done this well with guys like Hunt (not Khunt), McCullough, McGuire, Copley etc all coming through the ranks. Plan for the future with young guys I say and possibly chuck in a DCE or Taumalolo and we might be heading for a good future
    Elgey and Moss will get game time, the others unlikely. That is still great development imo
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I might be the only one on here who holds this view, but I personally couldn't give a **** if players take recreational drugs in the off season.

I don't really care if they do drugs 30 minutes after a game before they hit the clubs/bars, as long as they arent cheating on the field. If they aren't getting caught out by the drug testing, then either they are clean by testing time or the testing is not effective.

The charge of supplying is a pretty serious charge though, so I'll just sit and wait and see who is charged with what, and then what charges are actually proven before I start writing off players.

**edit** I DO care, but not to the point that I expect that players are any different to other people in the community.
    I attempted to say much the same thing earlier on but didn't say it very well - probably due to anger.
    Trafficking is one thing but with the others it seems to me that some Government types in the CMC have seen the chance to nail some sportspeople and their eyes have lit up.
    Not condoning it at all but I do wonder about the balance between what some of these guys have done against what Joe Public would have got. On the other hand a large part of me doesn't want this culture anywhere near the club.

With all this happening as said above our chance of reaching the 8 are long gone and that makes for poor crowds, i wonder how they will handle all of this, it s has major problems late down the track aswell. I will still head to games and support the club . Long dark times for the club ahead, what makes it harder is the Goldcoast people are a different breed when it comes to support, not just in sports but everything. Strange place in deed it is, but i love it here.

On another Note, how bout a round of golf before season start ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post

On another Note, how bout a round of golf before season start ?
    im down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i give a **** that they go from school to school preaching healthy lifestyles, then dont live by it.

i give a **** that blokes like Chris from memberships works his ass off trying to get members, marketing working on sponsors, and daryl kelly putting ass loads of cash in and these guys have zero regard for the consequences.

i give a **** because it is an illegal practise and they know that if caught it would bring huge drama to their employers, family, fellow team mates.

i give a **** that they dont give a **** about others.
    Best post you've ever made. I couldn't articulate why I was pissed off until I read that. This echo's my sentiments exactly.

if the hookers off field distribution is similar to on field, his case will be thrown out.

definition of business diversification? Owning a health food cafe while also being apart of a cocaine ring.

if the hookers off field distribution is similar to on field, his case will be thrown out.

definition of business diversification? Owning a health food cafe while also being apart of a cocaine ring.
    Jason Smith owns a Pub
    #itaintweaktospeak

im down for that.
    i will down you.....again
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i will down you.....again
    you wont get close. ill give you 3 shots head start

i collapsed and gave u 3 shots on final hole. that is haileys comet stuff....wont happen until next century.

This guy has pretty much nailed it, especially where he says that the players need the NRL more than the NRL needs the players. There are always more young kids coming through.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1227233139865

Totally agree K and everybody should read Paul Crawley's excellent review on the warnings and education that EVERY player gets every season before they play. There are no excuses and little defence.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1227234598860

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    This guy has pretty much nailed it, especially where he says that the players need the NRL more than the NRL needs the players. There are always more young kids coming through.

yeah read this a night or two ago. spot on, and you can tell he feels the rage and bewilderment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

K, would you post the article please? I can't access it here.