Page 193 of 217 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3242

I wouldn't get in a bidding war over Proctor, but we need him or someone with experience. We need a good forward leader who can guide those young guys around next year.
    I think Brandon Smith would be better long term however it plays out two ways as everyone has said.
    Cam Smith will help develop culture and maybe attract a class hooker to the club during his tenure.
    Brandon Smith will be able to develop in a team around his age and really become an icon the coast. Tough one and like mexican said, just good to be in these conversations. Hasn't this year snowballed in our favour.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 27-08-20 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    NZTITANS not a guy I'd get into a bidding war over.
    Agreed as well ... unders or the highway ... I'd prefer Brandon because he would be marginally cheaper, better long term value and probably comes without the big ego ... C. Smith is one of the players I respect the most of all time and sadly I can go all the way back to the St. George halcyon days of the 60's but he very much looks after C. Smith and I can't see him buying into the Titans emerging culture ... he will bring the Smith version of Bellyache, maybe that's great and maybe not ... the Holbrook/Kelly/Frizelle/Meninga team seem to be doing a fine job of creating North Shore swells from Hinze Dam ripples.
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-08-20 at 04:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Proctors agent has offered his services to the Drongoes according to the CM

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Proctors agent has offered his services to the Drongoes according to the CM
    That tactic played out well for Wallace. Must be the same agent.

Inactive User

Proctor after being cokey the clown and playing like a bustard for the entirety of his contract except for this year when off contract on Greg Bird’s money is now shopping himself around looking for the highest bidder
    How about giving back a bit

What happened to all the talk about wanting to be here for the good times after getting through all the bad times? Cam see why he would look for the highest bidder for his last contract but I reckong setting your self up for a long term future at your home club would be much better then a few extra dollars

QLD Cup

How much would everyone be prepared to pay for him? I’d be thinking around the 400k mark when considering his leadership and defensive abilities.

We all need to be reminded that this is the contract that sees him into retirement. This was always going to be his money contract and he had originally planned to finish off in Super League for the $. Covid changed everything except the fact this is his retirement contract.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We all need to be reminded that this is the contract that sees him into retirement. This was always going to be his money contract and he had originally planned to finish off in Super League for the $. Covid changed everything except the fact this is his retirement contract.
    He’s been paid way overs on this contract though. He’s already well in front of where he should be.
    We got rid of Greg Bird which was an appalling act and signed Proctor to replace him. Proctor hasn’t been a shadow of the great man and typically now he’s off contract his passion and effort in games has increased markedly.
    The right thing for him to do is give back by staying for unders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    He’s been paid way overs on this contract though. He’s already well in front of where he should be.
    We got rid of Greg Bird which was an appalling act and signed Proctor to replace him. Proctor hasn’t been a shadow of the great man and typically now he’s off contract his passion and effort in games has increased markedly.
    The right thing for him to do is give back by staying for unders.
    Lovely theory Bodsie but never going to happen in the real world. We signed him and he came into an unstable roster, horrific coaching, and 2 wooden spoons. Playing devils advocate here but it’s not like we exactly gave him the environment to flourish over the term of his contract either. He’s proven he can play some football now that Hurricane is doing his thing, but the argument that he’s underperformed for the majority so should therefore take unders to stay around isnt realistic.

JB is bang on. Smart play is to go where he can maximise his earnings for the rest of his career. He’s got a family that is his priority, as most of us I’m sure would resonate with.

Inactive User

^^^* I most definitely could be making a lot more elsewhere than what I am now but have gone with lifestyle, low stress and desire to live here/raise family here in my decision making process.
    So I live what I espouse.
    I welcome others to do the same. EG KP.

His unfortunate social habit is expensive ... he can play and I think Coach will offer him a fair deal, whether he accepts it or not at right price we have a place for him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^* I most definitely could be making a lot more elsewhere than what I am now but have gone with lifestyle, low stress and desire to live here/raise family here in my decision making process.
    So I live what I espouse.
    I welcome others to do the same. EG KP.
    But your career doesn't have a timeline of 2-3 more years maximum. The decision making process of a professional athlete is is different in this respect.

Inactive User

^^ I agree with that bit

First Grader

Id love him to stay but i won't begrudge him if he moves on. I was filthy about the broncos link but hes got a young family and wouldn't want to relocate if possible so hes just doing whats best for them. No hard feelings.

It would have been hard for him to succeed in the Brennan era. He has played for storm and NZ, and since holbrooks doing his thing proctors improved heaps.

Whether thats due to his contract being up i guess we won't know. But what we do know is he has proven he can play when in good sides. I think hes worth keeping around. Would be stoked if he took 450k