Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    David Fifita isn't even in the top 10 of this teams problems right now, not even top 20. That's what I think, and I also think it's hilarious that all you think he does is score tries as if he's just a catch-and-fall-over-the-line back-rower.
    The sort of money we pumped into his contract contributes to the lack of funds we'll have to sign players of other crucial positions. How is that so hard to understand? Signing Isaac Liu and Dale Finucane will not fix this side's problems either. You bring heaven and earth to bring a hooker like Smith here or you keep on the path to mediocrity like we are now and have been since the golden days. There is 0 point having an overpaid forward pack if you can't afford any marquee players in the spine to direct them.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-07-21 at 06:50 PM.

In a well beaten side, how good was Tino? I haven't been that impressed with him up until this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    In a well beaten side, how good was Tino? I haven't been that impressed with him up until this week.
    From what I watched he was awesome. And from what I watched, Mo was great again too. The difference is neither of them are being overpaid and are well worth their respective price tags.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-07-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The sort of money we pumped into his contract contributes to the lack of funds we'll have to sign players of other crucial positions. How is that so hard to understand? Signing Isaac Liu and Dale Finucane will not fix this side's problems either. You bring heaven and earth to bring a hooker like Smith here or you keep on the path to mediocrity like we are now and have been since the golden days. There is 0 point having an overpaid forward pack if you can't afford any marquee players in the spine to direct them.
    God I hope we sign Smith so that people like you can see this team's issues are deeper than just who's in the 17.

Rep Player

I know emotions are high right now but I think even Melbourne and Penrith would’ve struggled against the Eels in the first half. They were immense. Further, it has been one of those games where every 50/50 has gone against us. It happens. We also lost our halfback and winger but still won the second half against a genuine title contender. Definitely disappointed with the loss but not going to pretend the sky is falling.

I’m usually hesitant to slap the reffing and it wouldn’t have made a different tonight but jeez it was crap.

Inactive User

Big opportunity tonight
    Parramatta rest players
    We are at full strength
    A chance to enthuse the home fans

What happens…..lacklustre effort
    Players on report
    Ton of injuries

Fulltime and we are a train wreck

Reality check delivered

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    God I hope we sign Smith so that people like you can see this team's issues are deeper than just who's in the 17.
    I've always said it stems deeper so I agree with you there. I think it's a bit of both, but if most of it stems deeper then why hasn't it been resolved after all these years is what I'd like to know. I don't think Smith is the saviour to our problems but he is a lot better than the other two blokes we have who've played in the 9 jersey for the past 2 years.

I would like to apologise for my behaviour after all that. Heat of the moment, but far out it's painful watching this team put in performances like that when the season is on the line. It's so gut-wrenching. Disappointing. Every year us fans hope is a year of improvement but I'm still yet to really see any, if anything we're worse than we were this time last year. Serious questions need to be asked - culture, management, coaching, all of it.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-07-21 at 07:06 PM.

Who was in the bunker tonight honestly?

Yes Parra are a contender but they did it tonight without their SOO plays…….perspective!

Parra were great in that first half. We squandered opportunities, struggled to contain their quick ball during momentum phases, and played some really low IQ football. Losing both halves and a winger didn’t help but we hung in there throughout the 2nd half better than I thought we would tbh. Hard game to watch from start to finish.

Sucks to lose at home but I wasn’t expecting the win so am not in tears just yet.

Interesting lineup next week. Sexton debut could be on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Parra were great in that first half. We squandered opportunities, struggled to contain their quick ball during momentum phases, and played some really low IQ football. Losing both halves and a winger didn’t help but we hung in there throughout the 2nd half better than I thought we would tbh. Hard game to watch from start to finish.

Sucks to lose at home but I wasn’t expecting the win so am not in tears just yet.

Interesting lineup next week. Sexton debut could be on the cards?
    But come on man, none of us expected a win but we expected a good game. We expected us to be competitive. It was 20-0 at half time, and the scoreline didn't really get better until the last quarter of the game. I for one was (and still am) devastated by that performance, full-strength side, against a team missing their halfback and origin forward. It just wasn't good enough; nowhere near up to standard.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-07-21 at 07:19 PM.

A lifting tackle and the resultant headless chooks response did it for me. Even Thompson and Herbert played like tripe. All I can hope is Thompson goes to the left and JC gets on the right. If I see any of Don or Boyd or Pearson then I’m done for this year. Taylor at 7 Sexton at 6 and AJ with (c) is all I can hope for in the spine. Gee HS maybe Fuller gets an upgrade … lol.
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-07-21 at 07:27 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Fowards! Where we're they?
    First half it was like they were not on the field.
    Second half they almost came into the contest.
    Tino found his second wind and cracked on.
    But geeze that was poor

We were not allowed in that game. The six agains were so inconsistent. We were absolutely strangled of the ball and then we got it We would fumble it. So frustrating. The only pleasing thing for me was that we didn't give up and let them put 50 on us. Taylor actually looked good when he was the key half. We met a top four team and got beaten mainly by our selves.