Page 18 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast

And latrell would be another fly boy debacle.

Latrell reminds me so much of Idris, all the talent in the world but not that interested in applying himself every week. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    have souths even been told if they can use any money from burgess retirement? If not then I think this is all media driven and no one knows anything
    That's my point, when Rabbits find out that they can use the salary cap Arrow is gone. If they find out they can't Arrow stays. If there is another scenario as to why Arrow hasn't re-signed with us then someone present it.

Given the shoulder injury was after he signed his 5 year contract I don't think there will be an issue with Rabbitohs being able to write this one off as a medical retirement. Rich clubs keep getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That's my point, when Rabbits find out that they can use the salary cap Arrow is gone. If they find out they can't Arrow stays. If there is another scenario as to why Arrow hasn't re-signed with us then someone present it.

Given the shoulder injury was after he signed his 5 year contract I don't think there will be an issue with Rabbitohs being able to write this one off as a medical retirement. Rich clubs keep getting better.
    Yeh the fact he hasn’t resigned yet makes me think his gone.. not sure why it takes so long but I’m guessing his waiting for the rabbits to get the all clear, which I don’t think is fair if they do.. all it will do is open the gates for everyone to get medically retired and suddenly have all this cash available

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Yeh the fact he hasn’t resigned yet makes me think his gone.. not sure why it takes so long but I’m guessing his waiting for the rabbits to get the all clear, which I don’t think is fair if they do.. all it will do is open the gates for everyone to get medically retired and suddenly have all this cash available
    Only the rich clubs can afford to pay out a contract. So as usual, they'll benefit and the clubs on a budget can't afford to do and suffer.

Inactive User

Not impressed with Loudon and Webeck during this saga. Employed to cover us and enjoy our city but are cleverly reporting it’s ok to leave us and go to Souffs. I’m really disappointed.

Jai is expected to be loyal and be with us.

First Grader

Apparently they are requesting more information regarding surgess shoulder and are unsure if itll be resolved before christmas. Hopefully the club force jai to make a decision by then. If he cant decide before christmas surely hes just better off leaving altogether

Why don’t we grow a pair and give him a deadline? I’d shed a tear if he left but I’d give myself a huge uppercut if he just waits for Souffs and then leaves.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

NRL’s decision on Sam Burgess’ medical retirement may not be made until 2020
    RABBITOHS
    November 27, 2019 2:57pm
    by AAP
    Source: AAP

NRL boss Todd Greenberg admits a decision on South Sydney’s medical retirement application for Sam Burgess could drag on until after the new year.
    The governing body is currently examining Burgess’ medical history after the former Rabbitohs captain decided to quit the game last month due to injury.

Their findings will have major implications for South Sydney’s salary cap, with the English international walking away despite three more years left on his deal.

It is understood he was on around $1 million a season, all of which will be exempt from the cap if the club can prove a fresh injury forced him out of the game.

Greenberg revealed on Wednesday that auditors have asked South Sydney to provide more records into Burgess’ problematic shoulder issues.

“There’s been some additional discussions with the club,” Greenberg said. “I think auditors and salary cap advisors are awaiting some more medical reports from the club and also Sam’s doctors.

“I don’t have a timeframe. Those sort of things can create a lot of paperwork as you can imagine. I would be hopeful it will be resolved before Christmas.

“If not, it will be resolved in the new year.” Burgess’ exit immediately resulted in the Rabbitohs being linked to a number of stars off-contract at the end of this year, including Brisbane forward David Fifita.

That speculation has since cooled, as has discussions with rugby union convert and two-time Dally M winger of the year Semi Radradra.

“I know there are a lot of rumours going on and talking about a return to the XIII but a return to XIII is not an option for me,” Radradra told a French media outlet.

“I already proved myself in XIII. The NRL is behind me, it’s over.

“I already proved that I was one of the best Fijians in this league. Playing XV, I like it , I love more and more, I’m in a different environment. “I still have a lot to learn and things to prove.” Should the Rabbitohs’ salary cap exemption be approved by the NRL, it could create some angst across clubland regarding long-term deals for veteran players. But Greenberg insists it wouldn’t be a recurring trend.

“The point you miss, if you think that’s an advantage for the club, is the cash position because the clubs still have to pay the players,” Greenberg said. “If South Sydney have to pay a player that can no longer play on their books, one is the treatment of it under the salary cap, but they’re also running a business.

“I don’t get a sense there will be a lot of clubs looking to put money into players who aren’t playing for them.”

Now Addo-Carr wants to head back to Sydney too. That throws yet another spanner in the works

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Why don’t we grow a pair and give him a deadline? I’d shed a tear if he left but I’d give myself a huge uppercut if he just waits for Souffs and then leaves.
    Agreed

Rep Player

That last statement from Greenberg is ridiculous because it goes against the spirit of the salary cap.

Junior

At this stage I don’t really have any opinion on whether Jai will stay or go, but I have said for a while, I can’t see him making a decision until early next year.
    If I was in his position, Ike be waiting until the dust settles around the club. Get a feel for the new coaching staff and where he thinks the club will go.
    If you think he should sign his life away after 20 something days with the new set up...
    I don’t think it’s about the money, but about balance. He will stay for less money, if he likes the way the club is heading.
    Just my 2c worth.

First Grader

So Souths are offering him $800 k per year and we are $750k. So taking into account tax and the cost of living he would be miles ahead staying on the Gold Coast. So the issue is not really about money which puts his crap about wanting to stay as being mostly BS

This whole latrell thing is a beat up. Haven't we learnt our lessons already? Leave him alone and keep arrow. Plain and simple. We don't need the ego, we just need passion.