Page 208 of 217 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    They only get to choose if they genuinely meet the criteria to play for either. Not sure why you’re assuming he is motivated by $$, you know nothing about his personal or family history or what geographical area he feels he best represents.

Taking it out of their hands makes no sense when the eligibility criteria means they can play either.
    I don’t recall saying or thinking that Mo was motivated by money in his decision. I used the word “they” so that it was in terms of the general rules and not Mo specific. Mo is actually my favourite Titan.

If I’m going to have a crack at someone I will individualise.
    I’m saying I’d take choice out of it so that Origin $$$$ which is huge money is never a factor. This is nothing to do with NSW/QLD this is about how fair dinkum or not the sport is about having a credible international game.

Finally I’d like a process so that the criteria whittles everyone down to having one country they are eligible to play for.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 23-09-20 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    hangingon-who are the 3Fs???
    Fifita, Fotuaika and Fa'asuamaleaui

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Fifita, Fotuaika and Fa'asuamaleaui
    Thanks. I was only thinking of our current list when you said that. I’ll give myself an uppercut.

Christ we could have 5 or 6 guys playing origin starting next season, Fifita, Tino, Moe, Brimson, BK?, JWall?, Sami???

Disappointed about Moe not lining up for the Kiwis but he should walk into a QLD jumper this year and spend 10+ years there, and SoO has always been the biggest stage in Rugby League bar a Grand Final appearance so it's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Christ we could have 5 or 6 guys playing origin starting next season, Fifita, Tino, Moe, Brimson, BK?, JWall?, Sami???

Disappointed about Moe not lining up for the Kiwis but he should walk into a QLD jumper this year and spend 10+ years there, and SoO has always been the biggest stage in Rugby League bar a Grand Final appearance so it's understandable.
    I'm selfish in that I hope none of our blokes play Origin. I know they come back better players but they also come back stuffed and many suffer huge let downs for a few weeks due to the Origin intensity. You are also almost guaranteed losses while your Origin blokes are away.
    Selfish I know, but give me finals appearances by the Titans rather than Origin reps. If Origin was after the comp like this year or the comp was stopped for Origin I would change my views but I hate the way Origin ruins the NRL while it is on.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm selfish in that I hope none of our blokes play Origin. I know they come back better players but they also come back stuffed and many suffer huge let downs for a few weeks due to the Origin intensity. You are also almost guaranteed losses while your Origin blokes are away.
    Selfish I know, but give me finals appearances by the Titans rather than Origin reps. If Origin was after the comp like this year or the comp was stopped for Origin I would change my views but I hate the way Origin ruins the NRL while it is on.
    I’m with you 100%. I want to see a Gold Coast Premiership before I die and nothing else in Rugby League matters to me.
    SOO is a hindrance to that if we have more than a couple playing.

If it’s not mid-season Origin loses its appeal in my opinion. I was at that first game so it’s entrenched in my mindset. Having said that and having had our share of flogging the NSWailers I’m willing to sacrifice State for Club. I’m with Bodsie; just once before I die.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-09-20 at 12:44 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So big Mo hasn't actually chosen yet from what I can tell after reading your posts?

He may well go with NZ for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    So big Mo hasn't actually chosen yet from what I can tell after reading your posts?

He may well go with NZ for all we know.
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...20a3f42f5f88f0

tl;dr: Mo picks Maroons over NZ

Thanks HS.

So Mo hasn't played for New Zealand or England but played in QLD he gets to choose. If he chooses NZ he can't play origin.

JT2 (Lolo Cowboys) played for Tonga so he would be eligible but apparently he resided in QLD when he was 14 not 13 so ineligible.

Wasn't Mo more interested in playing for Tonga then NZ?
    But I say he is a QLDER anyway just like a few other players in the past
    I for 1 will be cheering him on in the QLD jersey as well as Tino and AJ
    Arrow will be there as well all the best at south to you are a champ always gave it your all here

Yep JaF ... nobody can question Arrow’s professionalism just his sanity ... his choice of barber says it all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

I’ll always be very disappointed in Arrow for the lead up to his signing with Souffs and just in general cutting and running on us.
    Was a huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ll always be very disappointed in Arrow for the lead up to his signing with Souffs and just in general cutting and running on us.
    Was a huge let down.
    We will never know the full reason he decided to leave.. I just think it’s a shame, he seems so passionate about the club and the Gold Coast, he would of been a great captain.. but life goes on, we have some good players coming so can’t complain too much