Page 202 of 217 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3242

Remember Fermor can cover any injuries to Centres, which can help use our utility better if we get any injuries to wing, fullback or centre. In case we don't want to run with an extra dummy half. Gives us more options for a good rotation bench

Surprisingly I have some comments:

1. Big bodies don't necessarily provide defensive steel, so I would be wary of stacking too many big bodies to start but rather have them bending the line off the bench ... Bellamy used Tino/Nelson like this and I would consider Tino/Difita similarly.

2. Rein has earned his spot if he finishes the season the way he's going ... a Smith or even Clark in preference to Boyd who has shown he is purely a half.

3. Ese'ese is the most likely to miss out rather than Joliffe or Lisone ... he is honest rather than spectacular.

4. I would re-sign Copley and I feel that our best back five are then AJ, Thompson, Young, Kelly and Copley but I can't discount Don who isn't the leading try scorer because he's crap ... it's because, no matter what, he knows how to find the line.

5. Peachey at 13 amongst that front five rotation has a lot of appeal ... I don't think he should come off the bench or play in any other position.

6. AJ, Kelly, Taylor, Fogarty, MoFo, Wallace and Joliffe pick themselves.

7. Proctor, Fermor, Stone, Hipgrave and the forgotten man Farmer all will just need to compete with the bigger bodies.

8. Sami, Pearson, Spry, Greg Now M and any others will also just have to compete.

9. Holbeninga need to spot a 9 and bring through a strike centre to add the necessary icing.

10. So i think a slightly different combination but one that will play to Coach's style could be like this:

AJ, Thompson, Kelly, Copley, Young, Taylor, Fogarty (c), Mofo, Rein, Joliffe, Proctor, Difita, Peachey ... Fermor, Tino, Wallace, Lisone.
    Notes: (1) Key edge defence combo's Kelly, Taylor, Proctor and Copley, Difita, Young. (2) Not our biggest option but our most mobile one.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

I must admit I would consider David Fifita at lock, he grew up playing there, can alternate between both sides of the field and has far better ball skills than has been seen in the NRL so far.

From a defensive perspective play him on the left or right and move someone into the middle if you want but that is not a necessity.

1. AJ
    2. Pearson
    3 Kelly
    4.YT
    5. Thompson
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mofo
    9. Rein(for now)
    10. Joliffe
    11.fifita
    12. Proctor
    13. Peachey
    14. Tino
    15. Ese ese
    16. Fermor
    17. Hipgrave
    I would stack my bench and move peachey to hooker when rein comes off. I still don't like YT at centre, but short on options there.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe sami instead of yt

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeh and he goes on the attack with one guy and it comes back to bite him with everyone slamming his headline... his a complete flog

Just opened the Courier-Mail and it’s set to proctor back with future secure.. must of caved in
    Last edited by Croc; 16-09-20 at 05:50 AM.

Not sure why no-one rates Lisone here. He makes great meters per run and always bends the defensive line and never makes mistakes or misses tackles. Perfect impact middle.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Not sure why no-one rates Lisone here. He makes great meters per run and always bends the defensive line and never makes mistakes or misses tackles. Perfect impact middle.
    I don't think no one doesn't rate him. He is in great company at the moment in the front row that's for sure. He has played extremely well for us this last year. Better than for the Warriors.

Addin Fonua-Blake Wants out of Manly, wants to get out of Sydney.. what’s everyone’s thoughts on him

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Addin Fonua-Blake Wants out of Manly, wants to get out of Sydney.. what’s everyone’s thoughts on him
    Isn’t he one of the Shandelle anti vax crew?

I would take him over Ese’ese any day but we have already signed Herman so we don’t really need AFB

AFB great player but we are stacked for front rowers, give us a hooker already. We want hectic cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed that he wants out of Sydney (one can only wonder why - something's up) and Manly will agree to his release. They will not be able to replace him this late.
    From a Titans perspective I'd grab him if the due diligence stacks up. Maybe trade for Ese Ese but I don't really want him at Manly. Bottom line is that Fonua-Blake is one of the best props in the game. If the Titans have money left after the hooker position is filled then I'd look at him.

I think AFB was nearly the best front rower in the NRL at the start of 2020. In saying that I don’t think it’d be a wise use of salary cap from us and I don’t think he’s probably the right cultural fit either.

I hope the Warriors get him, he will add a lot to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Not sure why no-one rates Lisone here.
    Makes my 17 every time.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.