Page 120 of 217 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Alright to you and anyone else being literal to what I’m saying Rather than reading my wider points
    1-I’m making a general point that Fifita to the Titans isn’t only good for us obviously but would be great for the sport
    2-corrupt premierships is huge in AFL for sure but you can’t say that brown paper bags, creative accounting and rorting has never not happened in NRL surely Kioli? I’d suggest that as recently as the last two Easts Rorters Premierships were rorts

The three of you have zeroed in on my V’Landys make it happen element of my post rather than the wider point of what a beautiful thing it would be for the game, region and club.
    The NRL and the AFL treat their competitions completely differently. One has integrity, one doesn't.

The AFL specifically allowed the Bears/Lions millions of extra space in their salary cap during the years when the Broncos were low after the SL War to buy their premierships.
    Meanwhile the Melbourne Storm were an expansion club doing an amazing job but were caught cheating and had records stripped from their history.

Our club has never been given any extra handouts that weren't available to every other team in the NRL. I want it to stay that way because it'll mean so more when we do claw our way back up to the top four and win a comp.

RE: Fifita. Obviously it would be a huge deal if Fifita donned a jersey for us and rejected our big brothers up the road. But if the extra money we're offering, having the Australian coach directly involved in his new club, knowing some mates already play here and having a club coach that plenty of players seem to favour don't push him to sign with us then honestly we were never going to get him.

Inactive User

^^^^ great post. Believe me I am in no way here to stick up for the VFL. It’s an elitist, self-entitled, school tie twat Organization that makes my stomach churn as much as the ARU.
    That opinion I have of the VFL has put more than a few noses out of joint when I’ve repeatedly expressed that on other platforms.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-07-20 at 06:09 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    The NRL and the AFL treat their competitions completely differently. One has integrity, one doesn't.

The AFL specifically allowed the Bears/Lions millions of extra space in their salary cap during the years when the Broncos were low after the SL War to buy their premierships.
    Meanwhile the Melbourne Storm were an expansion club doing an amazing job but were caught cheating and had records stripped from their history.

Our club has never been given any extra handouts that weren't available to every other team in the NRL. I want it to stay that way because it'll mean so more when we do claw our way back up to the top four and win a comp.

RE: Fifita. Obviously it would be a huge deal if Fifita donned a jersey for us and rejected our big brothers up the road. But if the extra money we're offering, having the Australian coach directly involved in his new club, knowing some mates already play here and having a club coach that plenty of players seem to favour don't push him to sign with us then honestly we were never going to get him.
    If I knew how to, I would quote your avatar in response to this post.

Mitchdox was that you that released the Adam Elliot video to get him cheaper?

As for Taylor, happy for him to keep playing well if it invites interest in moving him on earlier. I’d take Maloney any day of the week over Ash and twice on Sunday’s.

Far out, Tino's a deadset beast.

signing tino so early in his career is going to end up being one of the best decisions this club has made

Just came in to say the same as above about Tino, he is a beast.

Tino's a handful. Is he an 80 minute player tho? Looks sorta gassed, might just be the intensity of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansState View Post
    Tino's a handful. Is he an 80 minute player tho? Looks sorta gassed, might just be the intensity of this game.
    Yeah it's been a very fast game and no he's not an 80 minute player....yet. I don't see him as a 13 either as some people here are suggesting we do with him.

If we're signing Asiata he can be our lock, and Tino won't need to play 80 unless he's on an edge. To think Tino and Mo could be our front row for the next 10 years is so exciting though

Asiata seems to love an injury or 3...I'm a bit sceptical about him tbh. Otherwise I think he'd be great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Asiata seems to love an injury or 3...I'm a bit sceptical about him tbh. Otherwise I think he'd be great for us.
    I’m with you here. Not sure about his injuries etc going forward. I like his versatility but worry is he the best fit for us ? If we get Ese Ese and bring in Feamour , Farmer , Stone , Iionie and developed Hipgrave more I would think that is where we should go. Not saying it translates but Holbrook had our former Winger in Dom Peyroux and Zeb Taia in the second row and they did a great job. We just need to polish those nuggets a bit.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

What do you guys think is the true market value per season of both Asiata and Ese Ese??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What do you guys think is the true market value per season of both Asiata and Ese Ese??
    2.4/4 for Asiata, 1.5/3 for ese ese. Both only if fit and healthy

Really don’t think Asiata is worth 600k