Page 35 of 217 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

So reading between the lines Tinos money was Arrows. Arrow here next year unless player swap but Arrow is gone.

Carty at lock is a terrible idea. He is lazy. One flu season he’ll be sick again too.

Also don’t see Cartwright as a middle forward, he’s a more traditional roving lock which is an edge forward these days ... a workhorse like Whitbread would be my pick.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I thought he turned his defense attitude right around during the season and was quite good at the end.
    True, he did improve close to what we witnessed what he's capable of while he was at the Panthers. But what he offered up at the front end of the season is still entrenched in my memory too much at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    One flu season he’ll be sick again too.

Anyone hear that there were numerous storm players at Proctors wedding but only two titans players?

Also hears he’s happy to take the money if offered from SL at the end of his contract.

#pubtalk

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So reading between the lines Tinos money was Arrows. Arrow here next year unless player swap but Arrow is gone.

Carty at lock is a terrible idea. He is lazy. One flu season he’ll be sick again too.
    Actually if he is coming 2021, then it is Latu (and maybe Hipgrave) money.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    Actually if he is coming 2021, then it is Latu (and maybe Hipgrave) money.
    Peat and Proctor are off contract also. This signing has nothing whatsoever to do with Arrow situation, or else it would have been this year. Anybody concerned that signed him for too much? He is young and unproven but I guess if he turns out to be a gun then it is fair enough. I just hope Mo's contract was around the same amount of money because he thoroughly deserves that much.

Inactive User

I do like the concept of Cartwright playing both sides of the ruck and carrying the ball to the line in both hands BUT Holbrook would have to motivate him to understand that sometimes you tuck the ball under your arm and run hard AND Dymock will need to work wonders with his intent and effort in defence.

If Tino delivers on his potential based on his size and athletic ability a la' Paine Haas, he and Mo on the same roster becomes an unbelievable combo.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Surely this must be the week we find out what's going on with Arrow. How much longer is this going to drag out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Surely this must be the week we find out what's going on with Arrow. How much longer is this going to drag out for?
    I know right! Thought my wife took a long time to make a decision!

First Grader

I don't know what to think. I hate the fact this is still unsettled. Our team looks a hell of a lot better with him in it.

Can someone please copy and paste the courier mail article about arrow signing with souths?

The Gold Coast Titans have been dealt a cruel Christmas blow after South Sydney snared Queensland Origin star Jai Arrow on a $3.2 million deal.
    News Corp can reveal Arrow has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Rabbitohs from 2021 which will see him replace retired English legend Sam Burgess.
    Arrow could seek a release from the final year of his Titans contract to join the Rabbitohs immediately for the 2020 season, making it a five-year tenure worth $4 million if the Gold Coast let him go.
    Arrow is understood to have informed Titans coach Justin Holbrook and recruitment chief Mal Meninga of his decision to leave the club.
    The signing of Arrow is a major blow to the Titans, who will lose arguably their best player after finishing the 2019 season with the wooden spoon.
    The Titans have covered for the loss of Arrow by signing highly-rated Melbourne young gun Tino Fa’asuamaleaui on a $2 million three-year deal from 2021.
    Arrow, 24, had a desire to remain at the Titans, but the Rabbitohs presented a compelling pitch and the $800,000-a-season deal proved too good to knock back.
    The lure of playing under seven-time premiership winning coach Wayne Bennett, who gave Arrow his NRL debut at the Broncos, and for a proven NRL title contender were decisive factors.
    Arrow is desperate to play NRL finals football and the Rabbitohs presented their premiership plans to the four-game Maroons representative.
    He will fill the void left by Burgess, who was forced to give away the game at the end of last season due to a shoulder injury.

I just had a feeling that this news would get dropped on Christmas Eve when people had other things on their minds. A gutless act.
    Arrow comes out of this with no integrity after what he said about staying, but it's been obvious for weeks he was going.
    Of course my apologies to RVS who said weeks ago that he was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    The Gold Coast Titans have been dealt a cruel Christmas blow after South Sydney snared Queensland Origin star Jai Arrow on a $3.2 million deal.
    News Corp can reveal Arrow has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Rabbitohs from 2021 which will see him replace retired English legend Sam Burgess.
    Arrow could seek a release from the final year of his Titans contract to join the Rabbitohs immediately for the 2020 season, making it a five-year tenure worth $4 million if the Gold Coast let him go.
    Arrow is understood to have informed Titans coach Justin Holbrook and recruitment chief Mal Meninga of his decision to leave the club.
    The signing of Arrow is a major blow to the Titans, who will lose arguably their best player after finishing the 2019 season with the wooden spoon.
    The Titans have covered for the loss of Arrow by signing highly-rated Melbourne young gun Tino Fa’asuamaleaui on a $2 million three-year deal from 2021.
    Arrow, 24, had a desire to remain at the Titans, but the Rabbitohs presented a compelling pitch and the $800,000-a-season deal proved too good to knock back.
    The lure of playing under seven-time premiership winning coach Wayne Bennett, who gave Arrow his NRL debut at the Broncos, and for a proven NRL title contender were decisive factors.
    Arrow is desperate to play NRL finals football and the Rabbitohs presented their premiership plans to the four-game Maroons representative.
    He will fill the void left by Burgess, who was forced to give away the game at the end of last season due to a shoulder injury.

Thanks mate.. didn’t he get offered like 750k a year here? If so I’d say his moving for his gf.. but he shot himself in the foot saying he loved the club, would love to stay and play for his local team etc.. he should of kept his mouth shut! Hope he gets shipped off early.. this signing a year out for another club really doesn’t look good for the game in my opinion.. should have a trade period like they do in the AFL..