Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    We are running plays better then we did last year. The team seem to want to create a scoring play unlike last year where it seemed like everyone looked to Prince to score.
    i know there are some diff plays but in the tense moments it was same ole same ole which was needed IMO. The attack will come in time
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i know there are some diff plays but in the tense moments it was same ole same ole which was needed IMO. The attack will come in time
    i guess Carty is taking the 'defence will win matches' type mentality. Heck he always had that mentality from the beginning.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

i guess Carty is taking the 'defence will win matches' type mentality. Heck he always had that mentality from the beginning.
    most coaches take that approach.

They are working on their attack, this game was always gonna be tight
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

most coaches take that approach.
    yeah like the Tigers, Raiders and Eels LOL.

yeah like the Tigers, Raiders and Eels LOL.

I'm giving it to all the fans, gotta get in the cheap shots while we can
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

just got back from game.

really awesome to see us weather a fierce late storm. it was spookily similar the the tigers game last year. 14-0 , young halves and a rampaging opposition trying to steal it from us. this year we showed some mettle and got the job done.

impressed right across the park. even though mattai went on a spree late in the game, Idris was still pretty amazing from what i could see. his hitting, his workrate is on another planet to last year.

our forwards dont need much more praise, they are tough and defend like demons...but Ryan James - each week he takes a step closer and closer to super stardom.

outside backs were quite for the most, and after 2 weeks of Alby seeming to dominate the halves for us, Sezer looked like he took more control tonight, which is good if they can share it out, no one can do it for 26 rounds alone.

Fa'aso... you a dog mate.

all of this is from relatively cheap seats, i will watch the game replay soon and see how similar it is to what i thought i saw

a confidence boosting performance for the team. There was a lot of talk about Manly before the game and now Titans can feel smongst them. I have to give credit to Jamal. He looks fit and angry and ready to take on the line. Really did look threatening.

a confidence boosting performance for the team. There was a lot of talk about Manly before the game and now Titans can feel smongst them. I have to give credit to Jamal. He looks fit and angry and ready to take on the line. Really did look threatening at times.
    yeah i agree. ill have to watch it again to see how MAttai went beserk on that side at the end. think he was cutting back in and targeting kelly and dave taylor who was starting to tire.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah i agree. ill have to watch it again to see how MAttai went beserk on that side at the end. think he was cutting back in and targeting kelly and dave taylor who was starting to tire.
    Still the right side defence was solid as. Another team would have been torn apart.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Still the right side defence was solid as. Another team would have been torn apart.
    thats what i mean, the amount of times i applauded idris kelly and taylor for decisions and hits on that side was crazy. really good. but somehow they made a few breaks there late. think inside players let sweepers come around and didnt push out quick enough

I'm surprised Cattai didn't injure his shoulder again this game.

It was Bailey who was missing tackles after the Zillman kicked dead.

Before anybody says it, I want to be first to say that Zillman played like an NRL fullback today so I must ask: has he turned the corner or do we wait until Round 7 to see that again from him?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It was Bailey who was missing tackles after the Zillman kicked dead.

Before anybody says it, I want to be first to say that Zillman played like an NRL fullback today so I must ask: has he turned the corner or do we wait until Round 7 to see that again from him?
    Zilly is 2 or 3 yars too slow on every attacking play. That being said he played solid tonight
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

In my opinion it is the first time in Titans history that we are becoming intimidating in defence...some very BIG hits out there!

Our attack looks better than last year.
    Attack looks same but defence is solid as
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Our halfback looks better than last year
    We are running plays better then we did last year. The team seem to want to create a scoring play unlike last year where it seemed like everyone looked to Prince to score.
    All of this.
    The difference is we have options this year.

We gave Manly so little time that their kicking game was atrocious for most of the first half and the service from their halves was ordinary. Our defence was outstanding, although a little fractured towards the end, but I couldn't work out who was covering left centre for the last 20 minutes. Seems Zilly, Douglas and James all had a stint at some stage. Manly did find some opportunities on the right too.

I will say Falloon was great, was fast, gave crisp ball and converted me to the switcheroo hooker idea. Srama came back fresh, although he did seem to be a bit out of phase with the game for a few minutes.

Manly scored on some poor refereeing and a bad kicking mistake, but they returned the favour late in the game, to let us seal it, so a bit of the rub both ways there.

This game shows us where we really are. Hopefully now all the fans can rally behind the team and accept that we really are a top 4 contender. No more excuses, and also no more complaining. We can score, we can defend, we can close out a game, we can win games again.

Of course, it's only round 3, and it will be same again next week, but this was a great win.