Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Broken already

Inactive User

Ole Tissue Paper Copley
    More than useful player but the body does him no favours

Gee that sounds like a nasty injury. Bad luck. Speedy recovery Dale.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Crystal just doesn’t seem to be able to take a trick ... hopefully he recovers fully.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This is very cool. Good luck Ryan!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Somebody asked is there a culture problem at the 'Ponies ... lol, you have to have a culture first to have a problem.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I reckon Chris Johns comes across as a real pain in the backside and seems to suffer from attention deprivation disorder. Not surprised someone collared him.

Is anyone able to post this article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...adba39b6%3famp

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Is anyone able to post this article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...adba39b6%3famp
    I don’t want to vomit up my breakfast

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t want to vomit up my breakfast
    You will be asking “Jai who?” after a few rounds of Tino. I am beyond excited to see him tear up.

The answer was because he thought the Titans were going nowhere and jumped ship, and he was under control of his model (now ex) GF.

NRL 2021: Jai Arrow reveals why he left idyllic Gold Coast for working class Redfern
    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

Why would you leave your beach paradise for working-class Redfern? Jai Arrow opens up on why joining South Sydney was an offer he couldn’t refuse.

This is the star footy player who sacrificed beach paradise for working-class Redfern – just to escape his comfort zone.

South Sydney forward Jai Arrow has revealed why he quit Gold Coast Titans – and its idyllic lifestyle – for the traffic snarls and rat race of Sydney.

It’s a move Arrow – who now resides in Maroubra – is savouring with partner, Taylah Cannon, who arrived in Sydney during late January, and their two dogs, Thor and Koda.

“I never thought I’d leave the Gold Coast but here I am now,” Arrow said.

“People talk about Sydney and that the traffic is crap but I’m loving it down here. It’s different for me.

“I’m in Maroubra which is nice and close to the beach, which isn’t too foreign being a coast kid. I needed to get out of my comfortable zone.

“I did live in Brisbane — not for too long — but I have spent the majority of my life on the Gold Coast. I’m loving it down here in the big city and the big smoke. I’m really glad I made the move.

“The only thing I was worried about was everyone saying how much traffic, how annoying it would be and how going seven or eight kilometres down the road can take you 20 minutes.

“But I’m not too worried, that’s not going to worry me if I’m going somewhere nice. I’m getting to know the place and I’m getting used to it. I wouldn’t say I have been stuck in horrendous traffic but I find everyone is moving so slow.

“We found a nice little place for my two big dogs, which was a bit stressful coming down because I didn’t know if I was going to find a place. My partner summed it up in a pretty good way. She said it’s like we’re on holiday at the moment, trying to get to know all the new places. I’m sure that will change in the next 12 months.

“We made our way up the coast – Little Bay, La Perouse, Coogee, Bondi, Bronte – we have done all those walks.

“I’m not far from training, I’m too far from the beach. We’ve got our good little set up in Maroubra. I’m enjoying that and I will stay there as long as I can.”

Happy off the field, Arrow has settled nicely into his on-field role Redfern.

He was part of Souths’ Charity Shield win over St George Illawarra on Saturday night and is ready for the club’s round one season-opener against Melbourne.

“I’m a big believer that if you’re happy in life and then that shows in your footy. Thank God that is the case at the moment,” he said.

“You also have to take in consideration that things aren’t always going to go the right way. With the right mindset – no matter what hurdles are put in front of them – I will continue to try and play good footy.”

Arrow and Taylah adore Thor, an American staffy, and Koda, a rottweiler.

“I loved the movie Thor so I named him after that,” Arrow said. “I have two big dogs but she’s not a big rottie.

“Taylah is also loving it down here. I’ve been trying to get her out. I took her for a game of golf the other day, it was her first time playing on an actual course. She enjoyed that.”

Arrow developed into an elite player while at Gold Coast but felt a need to move to a giant NRL club in Sydney.

“No disrespect to the Gold Coast, but looking at the squad here, and the coaches, I did want to test myself,” he said. “I wanted to come to such a proud club like the Rabbitohs, a club which has so much history and it all worked out. It’s funny things pan out with Sam (Burgess) retiring.

“I got a call from Jason (Demetriou, 2022 coach) and Wayne (Bennett, 2021 coach) as well. I never thought I’d leave the Gold Cost but here I am now.”
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 11-03-21 at 12:49 PM.

Medium price for a house in Maroubra is $2,127,500. #WorkingClass

Inactive User

He can GAGF. Turned his back on his mates and hometown for the easy option.
    Beating Souffs will be sweet.