Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Rebecca can be very persuasive
    Lol Pete ... I read somewhere that it was the result of minor surgery ... those proctologists can be quite invasive
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Merry Xmas Titans Brotherhood
    I’m not a religious type but in terms of footy I think we have a bit to be thankful for this year.
    Well done especially everyone involved in the Save The Titans campaign.
    Hope you all survive today intact and everyone is ready to roll for next season.

^^^^^^^^ well said Bods

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Merry Xmas Titans Brotherhood
    I’m not a religious type but in terms of footy I think we have a bit to be thankful for this year.
    Well done especially everyone involved in the Save The Titans campaign.
    Hope you all survive today intact and everyone is ready to roll for next season.
    Thanks Mr Bods, I think we do indeed have much to be thankful for too. I don't even want to imagine life without this club and fanbase.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Didn’t take long for this fantastic new chairman we brought down from the Drongoes to embarrass us and make a total dick of himself by stuffing up missing a deadline yesterday because of Daylight Savings time confusion. Good grief.

Junior

Didn’t take long for this fantastic new chairman we brought down from the Drongoes to embarrass us and make a total dick of himself by stuffing up missing a deadline yesterday because of Daylight Savings time confusion. Good grief.
    What happened?

Inactive User

Daylight saving bungle leaves NRL clubs red faced

A DAYLIGHT saving bungle has turned the 16-NRL clubs’ move to endorse two candidates joining the Australian Rugby League Commission, into a farce.

Clubs were supposed to appoint the two members to join the ARLC on Wednesday, but instead a 24-hour extension had to be granted after a candidate’s nomination arrived minutes after the 5pm deadline imposed last Friday.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the bungle occurred because the nomination was sent by Gold Coast’s chairman, Dennis Watt to Rabbitohs chairman Nick Pappas — who is overseeing the process — after 4pm in Queensland (where daylight saving is not observed), which meant it missed the Sydney deadline.

As a result, club chairs agreed to extend the nomination process by a further 24 hours — with a strict deadline of 5pm on Thursday, Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDT), imposed.

REVEALED: Tom Sangster’s SuperCoach team

Titans chairman Dennis Watt missed the deadline. Picture Glenn Hampson
    One chair labelled the process “frustrating and embarrassing” as clubs were left red-faced on Wednesday afternoon.

It is understood three candidates will contest the ballot: Racing NSW chief executive Peter V’landys, former Collingwood boss Gary Pert and Sydney corporate lawyer Glen Selikowitz.

Two will go on to join the revamped Commission once a secret ballot is taken next week. Nominees need 10 of the 16 clubs to endorse them before they are appointed.

V’landys has the greatest support among clubs, with his experience, influence and rugby league knowledge expected to see him win a place.

Had the clubs not elected to extend the deadline, V’landys and Selikowitz would have been the only nominations.

Selikowitz has the backing of the bulk of the Sydney-based clubs. He has a long history with the game, having acted on behalf of the Australian Rugby League during negotiations to return to a single competition during the Super League war.

Most recently, Selikowitz was called upon to help the clubs look over the NRL’s licence proposal in 2016.

ARL Commission chairman John Grant and Titans Chairperson Rebecca Frizelle. Photo: Steve Holland
    Pert has the backing of influential interstate figures and was Watt’s original nominee.

Ironically, Watt had been a front runner to join the Commission himself before opting to join the Titans in December, having stepped down from the same role at the Broncos.

Pert, who played 233 AFL games with Fitzroy and Collingwood, quit as Magpies boss midway through 2017 after a decade in charge.

The successful candidates will be joined by NSW and Queensland chairmen George Peponis and Bruce Hatcher when the changes take effect in February.

Under the constitutional reform, the number of independent commissioners will be cut from eight to six, with the states and clubs to have two representatives apiece on a 10-person body.

Chairman John Grant and commissioner Catherine Harris will stand down next month, with former Queensland Premier Peter Beattie expected to take Grant’s role.

INCOMING

— George Peponis

— Bruce Hatcher

— Peter V’landys

— Gary Pert/Glen Selikowitz

OUTGOING

— John Grant (term ends next month)

— Catherine Harris (term ends next month)

CURRENT COMMISSIONERS

— Wayne Pearce (term ends in 2019)

— Chris Sarra (term ends in 2019)

— Gary Weiss (term ends in 2019)

— Tony McGrath (terms ends in 2020)

— Megan Davis (term ends in 2020)

— Peter Beattie (term ends in 2020)

Compared to previous years preseasons, if this is all we have to worry about, I’m good with that.
    In no way a showstopper.

I was thinking that the ‘noise’ that has surrounded our club during preseason in recent years , be it conjecture, contentious signings, coaching decisions to name a few , have all but ceased.

What a refreshing bloody change

well said rj62 couldn't agree more, after what club and supporters have been through in the last couple of years in preseason, this wouldn't raise an eyebrow. All the news from the club and players has been so positive its definitely a breath of fresh air

Inactive User

I agree it’s marvellous that this story isn’t about being busted for Cocaine use or doing an ACL on day 1 of training or being on $1.2million and hiding in the toilet to avoid fitness training or forging a players initials on a contract or some sort of violent anti-social act however how hard is it to put your homework in on time. Makes us look like buffoons.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 25-01-18 at 02:46 PM.

I agree it’s marvellous that this story isn’t about being busted for Cocaine use or doing an ACL on day 1 of training or being on $1.2million and hiding in the toilet to avoid fitness training or forging a players initials on a contract or some sort of violent anti-social act however how hard is it to put your homework in on time. Makes us look like buffoons.
    ‘Made us look like ....’ not makes us. That’s in the past, which was the point of the post.

All going well we are now looking ahead, not back. At least I am.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    well said rj62 couldn't agree more, after what club and supporters have been through in the last couple of years in preseason, this wouldn't raise an eyebrow. All the news from the club and players has been so positive its definitely a breath of fresh air
    Pete Badel must still be on holidays!

Inactive User

^^^ Ha Ha Ha. Love it.

Frig the NRL ... what precious little people they are ... I hope we delay every little Sydney-centric piece of crap they fighting over ... clubland schmudland.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Pete Badel must still be on holidays!