Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

I can tell you I'd def rather have a bad run at this time of year than heading into the semis/finals! It was great to see a glimpse of the real titans in that second half. Gives me lots of hope they are getting over this gliche they have been having and are up for a big win against Manly!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Absolutely piss weak.
    Week in, week out, spewing nothing but negative puss
    we are still supporting the team but its hard to be positive when your team hasnt won a game in a month and have had the worst defensive record in that month, and im sure someone on this forum said there was no such thing as a better supporter.and besides this is a forum where you talk about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    we are still supporting the team but its hard to be positive when your team hasnt won a game in a month and have had the worst defensive record in that month, and im sure someone on this forum said there was no such thing as a better supporter.and besides this is a forum where you talk about the team.
    I understand that, but doesnt mean you have to give up all hope like some people are doing........ If we were say.... the bulldogs, than theres a reason why we could give up hope, but we are coming 4th, and yes we havnt won a game in a month, but the team needs the support of their follows so they have high spirits going into a game. Dont count off the team yet
    Blazer
    Last edited by Blazertaser; 07-06-10 at 03:28 PM.
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Repeatedly sh!tbagging the team every week for a month is not being supportive - what you spit out isn't even constructive criticism. Even when the team was winning you were still calling for good players to be dumped for the promomtion of unproven or even injured players. I know this might hurt a little bit, but I want to try and think before you post. You never know - some people just might start to take you seriously????
    WELL SAID!!!!!!
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

I think a new rule of thumb for every Titan supporter on this site should be, stop yourself from giving your reactions to a game on game day. Way to much emotion to deal with and you tend to say things out of anger and frustration.

The fact is. The Titans will finish in the top eight this year. Canberra will not.
    We have the team to win the competition. Canberra do not.
    All they need to do is get there and put it all together on those important days in September.

I'm not saying I wasn't livid on Sunday, but what good does it do to broadcast it.

Go the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    Gavin Badger was the best ref we have had this season.
    No doubt. I'll bag the referees for the roosters loss, but this game and the broncos the Titans just didn't do enough. With a little better discipline and execution the Titans should have scored 60 points yesterday.

Badger is the best referee, straight shooter, doesn't screw up calls nearly as much as some, always explains his reasoning, and his reasoning is usually logical. Damning with faint praise though I guess.

Meanwhile at Skilled we're always subjected to idiots like Cummins, Archer, Lyons (or Maxwell to a lesser extent). I will pay extra for home games if we could get more Badger and never Cummins or Archer.

yeah I think Badger does a good job too, and you can't possibly blame him for this loss. We're just in a bit of a slump at the moment - and I hope we can turn it around against Manly on Friday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    No doubt. I'll bag the referees for the roosters loss, but this game and the broncos the Titans just didn't do enough. With a little better discipline and execution the Titans should have scored 60 points yesterday.

Badger is the best referee, straight shooter, doesn't screw up calls nearly as much as some, always explains his reasoning, and his reasoning is usually logical. Damning with faint praise though I guess.

Meanwhile at Skilled we're always subjected to idiots like Cummins, Archer, Lyons (or Maxwell to a lesser extent). I will pay extra for home games if we could get more Badger and never Cummins or Archer.
    exactly, its hard to find a decent ref these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jasbec View Post
    Maybe you should be coaching the titans and show them how to get ANGRY Carty could learn alot from you
    Very impressed mate!!!!!!
    Haha, thanks. But I'm going to buck the forum trend here and admit that Cartwright knows more about coaching than me, and the players he selects each week would outperform me by a pharkload
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

greg bird not selected in blues squad again

Banned

Round 13 (Updated Jun 07)
    W L D B +/- Pts
    1 Dragons 10 3 0 0 148 20
    2 Panthers 8 4 0 1 85 18
    3 Rabbitohs 7 5 0 1 101 16
    4 Sea Eagles 7 5 0 1 59 16
    5 Tigers 7 5 0 1 19 16
    6 Titans 7 5 0 1 -18 16
    7 Broncos 6 6 0 1 7 14
    8 Eels 6 6 0 1 -11 14
    9 Roosters 6 6 0 1 -43 14
    10 Raiders 5 6 0 2 -57 14
    11 Warriors 5 7 0 1 -63 12
    12 Knights 4 8 0 1 -63 10
    13 Sharks 4 8 0 1 -111 10
    14 Bulldogs 3 9 0 1 -30 8
    15 Cowboys 3 9 0 1 -94 8
    16 Storm *

my worst nightmare has come true, the rabbitohs are in the top 3, titans still have that minus on our for and against.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    Yes brad will probably delete it, but mate, are you a titans supporter? From your comments about our players, your either:
    • Pissweak Fan

• Unloyal Fan

• Not A Fan

Before you make a comment, maybe research it or have an educated opinion first? Our boys put blood, sweat and tears into the game for an entertaining 80 minutes week in week out, yes they make mistakes, every team does, but this is primarily due to trying to hard to please the fans and themselves and also because there tired as ****! You go out there for 80 minutes, run at tom leahroyd-lahrs, steve matai, paul gallen, manu vatuvei. Dont give me some bull**** answer like "I have put myself in there position and joined the deforce force. And trust me there rookies is alot harder then the footy players normal training sessions". You know how much relevance the defence force has with footy? None.

Defence force is not for entertainment purposes
    Defence force is not a game

Our boys do their best at what they do, at what they need to do! They represent the gold coast proudly, no matter if they lose a couple of games, i will Never lose my loyalty towards the team and will always have high spirits in thoughts for the team. I dont care if were in cronullas position or bulldogs, notice how their fans stay loyal, that's what rugby is isnt it? Loyalty, Comradery and Willingness to stay with your team no matter the outcome.

Gold Coast Titans 2010

Blazer
    for the record even though your talking to matti, i have never once been unloyal to the titans, despite the intentions to my friends who go for the dragons,warriors,tigers and ughhh the broncos. just wanted to say my bit

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    in the end line i save your guys asses really..

If you read my post's correctly.. i say titans supporters go to more effort in trying to make our team win by cheering the squad on the the footy players themselfs.. In the last match just watching the guys stroll back to there line , dropping the ball, consistant panalties loose us the game.. and it keeps on happing each week, hence why i get mighty angry
    Mate, get off the Defence force topic, we get it..... Congratulations on being in the defence force, now leave it at that

And if you hadve read my post correctly, you wouldve answered my question?

Are you a titans fan?
    Because the posts you bring up and the attitude towards the team doesnt show kindly in that favour

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Well I'm back from my Canberra trip and overall I had a great time. We were woeful in the first half and failed to capitualise on so much opportunity. We stormed back in the 2nd and looked lethal at times.

Preston Campbell was amazing! I applaud him! Bird looked great as well.

Some poor refereeing decisions cost us but we also cost ourselves the game with missed opportunities. And maybe not deserving it when you reflect on the first half. Was a good refereeing effort though.

Please everyone don't turn on each other. I haven't really re-read most of the posts, as yet. And I'll deal with the content as needed. But for now please get back to your corners. I admire your passion for sure, but sometimes it works against us.

titansrawesome, you probably should tone down what you write off the top of your head. I really didn't appreciate the series of sledges you fired off at the team when I read them, especially when it was only the first half. Please don't make this a trend. I don't mind people having an opinion, one way or the other. But tone it down and think out things more. But if you say things like this, reactionary things, people will give you alot less attention and consideration when you wanna really make a point.

And as for matti well, he is not some random internet keyboard jockey, he does actually go down to the games in SYD in trying conditions and is a passionate fan and a good bloke. I've met him. So is Blazer and the rest of the guys on the forum here. I think we should just call it a night on this particular debate and try again on a new one in the future.

We have a new Round 14: Titans v Manly thread!

It sucks to lose and it is bloody frustrating, especially when the ability and troops and quality are all there on the field.

On a positive we HAD A GREAT AWAY TRIP TO CANBERRA AND WILL BE PLANNING A NEW ONE SOON! JOIN US!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-06-10 at 10:37 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I think a new rule of thumb for every Titan supporter on this site should be, stop yourself from giving your reactions to a game on game day. Way to much emotion to deal with and you tend to say things out of anger and frustration.

The fact is. The Titans will finish in the top eight this year. Canberra will not.
    We have the team to win the competition. Canberra do not.
    All they need to do is get there and put it all together on those important days in September.

I'm not saying I wasn't livid on Sunday, but what good does it do to broadcast it.

Go the Titans.
    I'll take a bet that Canberra make the 8. $20?

They are a good side and if Dugan remains fit all year that have massive potential!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!