Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Just got home from the game because I had to go have a couple of real strength beers to settle my nerves after another pathetic attempt of watch the Titans play ....

Rubbish is what we continually see , can anyone tell me why Blair was replaced with Kelly when he clearly went onto the field carrying an injury ...

I spoke to Henry after the game & asked whether it was time for him to take over , he just winked..

Fulltime hooter rang & Fartwright didn't come down from his Ivory tower , I'm hoping he handed in his notice,,,,,,,

I was told today that our current coach is finished & it will be announced very soon , let's hope it's true..

Time for Minichello,Bailey & the newly resign White to go , too old & stale for the speed of the game & if Myles went with them I wouldn't lose any sleep
    Please tell me the Cartwright info was correct and it isn't just Intheknow hacking your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    As the games go by and nothing happens, I like others are becoming more unlikely to renew membrship. It was disturbing today to see so many members seats empty. If people pay a few hundred bucks per seat and then don't go, what hope would we have of getting them to renew.
    Great point.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Cartrights post match was crazy. said halves werent good enough and basically they are our worst option, they both showed more control and movement of the ball than sezer or the injured kelly.

Zillman stepping back into FIVE, yes it was FIVE defenders rather than passing to a 3 on ZERO overlap out wide was criminal. i also noticed his efforts as a raider titanic. made me giggle, and i noticed ikin talkin him up big time, like hes been told to.

We struggle to score tries as it is, only scoring in 4s instead of 6s only makes it harder. is gordon getting extra specific coaching from a real kicker? or just hanging around trying to pot a few at the end of training?

could think of any highlights really, but for a loss at least it wasnt bat **** boring like the usual game. was quite a bit going on, and even though taylor and taka make errors, at least there attempting something and it gets you up on your feet for minute.

im not not sure If Myes was less interested in playing or the press conference? he was slow and depressing to watch in both. He should feel ashamed watching Mini and Carter put in full effort compared to lumbering around.

if i had to pick a side right now based on form, it wouldnt be a full team.

1. Mead
    3. Roberts
    7.Mortimer
    11. Mini
    12. Taylor
    13. Carter

cant think of any others right now, but i could have missed someone. Don is unlucky but hasnt been playing NRL to be considered in form. but he would be the first winger picked i think

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Please tell me the Cartwright info was correct and it isn't just Intheknow hacking your account.
    Cross your fingers as I am not "intheknow" but I know more than some
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Cross your fingers as I am not "intheknow" but I know more than some
    That's good haha. Who told you though? Is that info classified or are you able to reveal the person?

It **** me to go to the game with my three kids and my lovely wife only for my five year old to say again that he didn't want to come back to the Titans game as he doesn't like loosing and my wife who wants to stay until full time every game say with 10 minutes to go " I'm over this rubbish we are going !!!""

The woman next to us drives up from Lismore and left 5 minutes into the last half as she said that she didn't want to watch anymore.

Can't see my family and I heading to a game anytime soon.

I just want to add that in my opinion Kelly has a chronic injury-in-head problem … the number of times he goes down and then has an amazing recovery is just not kosher. Mortimer and Sezer (we need his kicking) will do me.

1. Mead
    2. Tighe
    3. Blair
    4. Roberts
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Mortimer

Takairange would be benched with a fit Kelly.

and right now the forwards really sh1t me.

Bird and Myles way too over-rated
    Falloon and Srama not up to it
    Minichiello and Bailey past it
    Taylor and Carter too full of errors
    White, Douglas, Ioane, Ridge, Kingston and Binge, neh.

Although under a new coach, who knows?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Cartwright rues 'wasted opportunity'
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    5:57pm Sun 13th July, 2014

Titans coach John Cartwright has vowed to stop metaphorically circling winnable games on the calendar after describing Sunday's 36-20 loss to the Raiders at Cbus Super Stadium as a wasted opportunity.

Although they trailed by just six points heading into the final quarter of the game, the home side weren't able to find the necessary energy reserves to finish the stronger as the Raiders posted three unanswered tries before Gold Coast winger Kalifa Faifai Loa grabbed a consolation four-pointer after the siren.

The seventh loss at home for the season puts the Titans in the likely position of needing to win six of their final eight games to qualify for the finals and left Cartwright ruing two competition points that they let slip through their fingers.

"We were only in it on the scoreboard to be honest with you. We looked fatigued for pretty much most of the game and that's how we played," he conceded.

"Getting back to 20-14, I'd hoped it was going to lift us and get the crowd involved and build some momentum. But they lifted and they went up another gear and that was the difference.

"We thought six-from-nine; it now becomes six-from-eight so it's very tough. Especially when you look at the draw, that was a winnable game. You look down with 10 games to go and you put a tick against that one and say that's definitely a winnable game and we wasted a huge opportunity."

The Titans travel to Newcastle next Sunday to play a Knights team that has won three games on the trot and in their last five games face the Roosters (a), Sea Eagles (h), Dragons (a), Warriors (a) and Bulldogs (h).

It's a formidable draw by any calculation but Cartwright hasn't given up hope that they can cause some surprises on the run home.

"That will test us but we don't seem to have trouble getting up for those games; maybe we've got to stop looking at winnable games," Cartwright said of the imposing schedule.

"Very hard to get your head around but when you sit back and I know what I'll be thinking in three or four days' time, it's just consistency at that level. You've just got to play consistent every week with your effort and preparation and the good sides have more blokes that do it regularly, it's as simple as that."

Gold Coast look as though they will be without fullback William Zillman next weekend due to a hamstring injury while Albert Kelly's knock to the knee is not believed to be serious.

David Mead is likely to need another week at least to get over the hamstring injury that kept him out of the loss to the Raiders but Cartwright indicated a return for Kelly to the starting team is more likely to come in the halves than at fullback.

"We're a little bit skinny in the halves, too," Cartwright said when asked about Kelly's prospects of being named in the No.1 jumper after he played the last portion of the game at fullback.

"I wasn't totally happy with the halves today or the performance in general but we don't have a lot of options there."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Cartwright's wasted opportunity was to leave with dignity … now he'll get removed like a troublesome haemorrhoid.

He'll only stop circling winnable games becuase in our current form no game could be viewed as such.

Someone on the fb page said that on the radio yesterday he said he "won't leave until the board tell him to". His word a few years back about "knowing when its time to go" is clearly a load of bs (but we all knew that)

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Someone on the fb page said that on the radio yesterday he said he "won't leave until the board tell him to". His word a few years back about "knowing when its time to go" is clearly a load of bs (but we all knew that)
    Well I was told that the Board will make decisions and this will be the test. Considering one of the Board is his mate who will have to shell out for the payout, things will get interesting, maybe. Of course if he has the support of two on the Board then we have a deadlock and nothing will happen. That is why a Board of only 4 is stupid, whereas with the standard of about 7 people, then he would be odds on to get the chop. Or would have been gone at the end of last year.

You guys must know that Carty is only going to be moved sideways for Henry and nothing will change in the slightest.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You guys must know that Carty is only going to be moved sideways for Henry and nothing will change in the slightest.
    Is that a statement or a question Teke. ??

The casting vote in a deadlocked meeting will be made by the majority shareholder … and here is a prediction for Teke's reshuffle: Searle will relinquish Football Manager to Cartwright; Henry will become head coach on a back-ended pay rise … and everything will remain the same but the club dodges the big payout and will get all sorts of great media … but they will lose me.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-07-14 at 04:17 PM.