Page 11 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

The challenge with B Smith & Grant is getting them out of Melbourne. Both are contracted until end of ‘22 and Melbourne won’t let either of them go without coming out better off. We’ve been having the conversation with serious intent for a long time but Melbourne hold the power here really.

And I agree with the posts above - I’d say C Smith retires after the weirdest buildup in history or signs with us. Hopefully the latter. Either way he already knows what he’s doing.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-11-20 at 09:04 PM.

Good news is coming too fast these days. Super stoked with the squad we have now, love Reins effort in dummy half. Super stoked we will be challenging for the top 8 with plenty of quality depth in the engine room and up and coming young halves to watch develop through our system.

I think we should have some marquee money now as well seeing that James have left I think it was around the 300k mark
    You put that with Cartwrights money pretty much up there 800kplus
    So I can see us having the coin I just can not see Cam Smith playing for anyone but Storms
    As a part time coach yes I can see him doing that 3 or 4 days a week
    Our hooker would benefit so much from it
    I also think Clark will be better 2021 season as well I think we all forget he was playing park footy before joining us

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I believe they're working out a deal, precisely regarding how much they would need in TPAs to get it over the line. I hope dooldog is right regarding Cartwright's money.
    Cant remember where I read it but it was in reference to us signing cam smith. Lots of fake news out there so I imagine it's all speculation. How far we have come in a year to be having these conversations.

Interesting our depth now with Ioane Seiuli and Kea Pete signing with East Tigers Brisbane. Though both these guys were close to cracking first grade in the backs.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Holy **** we signed Jojo Fifita

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Holy **** we signed Jojo Fifita
    I don’t recall mdrew spruiking this fella?? You sound over the moon.

I don't know who the hell Jojo Fifita is but I am absolutely pumped from the little bit I've read about him. Only 17 and being promoted to the top squad is a good sign and he's a national sprint champ.

And from HS's response, you know we've got a good one

Immortal

Magnificent signing, in the top three juniors I have ever seen

QUOTE=BundyTitan;409692]I don't know who the hell Jojo Fifita is but I am absolutely pumped from the little bit I've read about him. Only 17 and being promoted to the top squad is a good sign and he's a national sprint champ.

And from HS's response, you know we've got a good one[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Nah he looks good mate.

Just search his name in the forums.

Immortal

He is good mate, real good

Email from the club.

Alternate text
    Alternate text
    The Gold Coast Titans have signed exciting outside back Jojo Fifita for the next three seasons.

The talented 17-year-old joins the NRL program after excelling with The Southport School in the GPS Rugby competition.

One of the most promising young players from either rugby code, Fifita will join the Titans squad for pre-season.

With speed and power being features of his game, Fifita was formerly under 15 national sprint champion over 100 metres.

Coach Justin Holbrook says he can’t wait to work with Fifita.

“It’s great to have such a promising local product as part of our system,” Holbrook said.

“Jojo was in high demand and I’m pleased he has chosen the Titans to develop his career.”

--------------------------------------

JOJO FIFITA

(The Southport School)

● THE 16-year-old TSS centre will start for both the Reds Under-16s and Under-18s Academy this year. Scored eight tries in seven matches, with 69 tackles at 92% - Fifita is some player.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...63b69918bc9aca

Aug 14, 2020 — The Southport School's Jojo Fifita scored four tries in a 49-19 GPS rugby season- opener against Brisbane State High School in front of just one.....( This is a quote from the GC Bulletin ..... I can't open this article.
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...s&mode=premium

I have never seen this much positivity and hype around a Titans pre-season with signings. Possibly the biggest and best recruitment year by the club since the inaugural season.

Excited to see this Jojo kid in action!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Nah he looks good mate.

Just search his name in the forums.
    You can search names??

You can search names??
    Yep mate....Look next to the forum banner and you can see the magnifier.