Page 47 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ yeah I do feel confident about the future too. I just want to keep pointing out that it’s critical that we don’t get comfortable and get right on top of this issue.
    and to continue to bring back some of the outstanding juniors with the Drongoes such as Boyd, Dearden

Inactive User

^^^ yeah exactly. Those are the ones that hurt.

Immortal

We have gotten Juwan Compain and Will Evans back which is a great start.

Immortal

Unfortunately these stories are put out time and again but they are not a true reflection of what is happening at the Titans.

The TEDS program is an outstanding initiative and is already achieving results in terms of bringing Gold Coast juniors home. Two specific examples are Juwan Compain and Will Evans from the Bronco’s and there are more as well.

No team can keep every junior from their particular area but the Titans are doing an outstanding job of keeping most and that will continue.

The Titans have signed some talented players from Brisbane such as Ioane Seuili and Tristian Powell (originally from the Darling Downs) and Luke Maiden from Toowoomba as well to supplement the Gold Coast, Group 18 and Northern Rivers youngsters.

The likes of the Broncos and the Roosters will always recruit from the Gold Coast but with the TEDS programs in place the Titans will continue to get better and better at providing a pathway to the NRL for our local juniors.

What can not be dismissed is the quality of young players that Jamie McCormack has brought to the club such as Darius Farmer, Ben Thomas and Jackson Paulo who are already near the NRL level and the likes of Bailey Martin, Thomas Weaver, Ben Liyou, Rowan Mansfield, Brody Smitka, Kaleb Ngamanu, Ethan Foster, Ryan Rivett, Ediq Ambrosyev, Lofi Khan-Pereira, the Shannon brothers, Kel Sheather and Blake Campbell amongst others.

Apologies to the players that I have missed, all deserve to be recognised as do their families for their hard work and dedication regardless of whether they get to the NRL or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Whats this all about?

ROOSTERS POACH TITAN TALENT

THE Roosters have thumbed their nose at the Titans in their own backyard.

The reigning NRL premiers yesterday held a junior academy match on the Gold Coast against Brisbane league nursery Marsden High.

The Roosters youngsters included some of the Gold Coast’s top young talent, including Palm Beach Currumbin products Josh Bevan, Izzy Higgins and Ethan King.

King is the son of former Gold Coast first grade player Andrew King.

The concept was the brainchild of former Titans recruitment manager Jamie Mathiou, who has been poaching some of the region’s best talent for the Roosters.

The Titans have invested $2 million in an attempt to stop the Gold Coast’s best young talent signing with rival clubs.

But there is good news.

GOOD ON YA GOLD COAST

THUMBS up to the Gold Coast Titans for spreading some cheer at Gold Coast University Hospital this week.

The Titans handed out gifts and smiles to sick children at the Gold Coast’s biggest hospital on Wednesday.

“It will be my first Christmas with my little one,” star recruit Tyrone Peachey said.

“I’d hate for her to be sick. It was awesome to help families with sick kids.”

Inactive User

MDREW da man

Interesting to see Mal has spoken about recruiting young St George hooker Reece Robson.

Robson is a graduate of the St George Dragons' SG Ball team and was named in both the Australia Schoolboys and New South Wales' Under-18s team in 2016. Robson backed it up in 2017 when he featured for the Junior Kangaroos and New South Wales' Under-20s. In 2018 he won the NSW under 20's player of the year and the dragons ISP player of the year. Was also selected in the prime ministers 13 against Papua New Guinea. Also comes from Murwillumbah.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...type=anonymous

Inactive User

With Mitch Rein and Nathan Peats both signed for 2020 I find this Robson thing impractical

Immortal

Reece Robson is a special player, sign him if you can and then worry about the rest later.

Meyne reporting that Brennan doesn’t want Glenn or Kahu or any ‘Ponies over the hill discards ... gee, you gotta love that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Meyne reporting that Brennan doesn’t want Glenn or Kahu or any ‘Ponies over the hill discards ... gee, you gotta love that.
    awesome!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yes indeed. That’s great news. They both had their chances especially Glenn. I hope they stay up there post retirement too and don’t get me started on the self-proclaimed “Mr Gold Coast” Ben Hannant. That bloke sure has a hide.

With Rapana out for most of 19 I reckon we should bring him back for 2020 if he wants to return ? He is off contract still for 20 and only contracted for 19.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Good Riddance 2018 here is hoping for a much better 2019 for our boys.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Good Riddance 2018 here is hoping for a much better 2019 for our boys.
    yeewwww happy new year guys i must admit i am addicted to checking in here for years now at forum and love to hear you guys thoughts from the true fans about our team we have had so many highs and lows even more lows but its true what doesnt kill us makes us stronger ! really looking forward to the future

Gold Coast Titans: 2019 Round 1 predicted team
    Chris Kennedy & Jamie Soward / NRL.com

Things never quite clicked for the Gold Coast in 2018 and Garth Brennan will want the squad to figure things out sooner rather than later in 2019.

The biggest question marks are over what to do with breakout star AJ Brimson, who must be in the starting side, and which of three viable options will start at five-eighth alongside Ash Taylor.

There is a chance veteran fullback Michael Gordon could be the odd man out if young gun Brimson is retained at fullback rather than reverting to five-eighth, where recruits Tyrone Peachey, Ryley Jacks and the returning Tyrone Roberts are also options to partner Taylor.

Peachey is also an option at centre, where Dale Copley, Brenko Lee and the returning Brian Kelly are already competing for two spots.Gordon can also play wing, though Anthony Don and Phillip Sami are settled there. Ex-Raiders prop Shannon Boyd bolsters what is now an all-representative starting pack.

Resident NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:

"I would leave AJ Brimson at fullback and start Tyrone Roberts at five-eighth. The decision for Garth Brennan is does he put Tyrone Peachey on the bench or play him in the centres. The five-eighth role, Peach can handle it and will probably get first crack but Ash Taylor needs an experienced guy outside him and his record with Tyrone Roberts is really good.

"Their forward pack is in the best five or six in the comp but they look skinny out the back so maybe Peachey goes to the centres for Dale Copley, someone like that. Michael Gordon, I think realises he's a back up option these days, Brimson has shown he's capable of handling fullback and those two guys on the wing can handle it."

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1 AJ Brimson
    2 Anthony Don
    3 Dale Copley
    4 Brian Kelly
    5 Phillip Sami
    6 Tyrone Peachey
    7 Ash Taylor
    8 Shannon Boyd
    9 Nathan Peats
    10 Jarrod Wallace
    11 Kevin Proctor
    12 Ryan James
    13 Jai Arrow

14 Mitch Rein
    15 Moeaki Fotuaika
    16 Keegan Hipgrave
    17 Will Matthews

Other squad members: Jesse Arthars, Morgan Boyle, Bryce Cartwright, Michael Gordon, Ryley Jacks, Max King, Leilani Latu, Brenko Lee, Tyrone Roberts, Jack Stockwell, Jai Whitbread
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER