Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Banned

Its a shame we have to keep challenging calls because the ref makes **** calls

Like the knock on from joliffe
    What the beep was the ref looking at to call knock on from nothing

Ah enjoying the shots of the players with Titans fans after the game. Takes me back. It’s been hard not going to a home game for over two years. My people.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’d go with Smith at 9 and bring Turner onto the bench, don’t think we can wait till Boyd or Booth are available

Banned

Hire james segeyaro for dummy half

Titans fall agonisingly short in heroic second half comeback
    http://www.Titans.com.au

Gold Coast Titans fans were treated to an inspiring second half comeback, but sadly it just wasn't enough to overcome a strong opening 40 minutes by the Parramatta Eels at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

Down 20-0 at the break, flying Phil Sami began the fight back with a classy four-pointer, firing up the attacking flare of the Titans, where the home side put on another three tries to try and chase down the red-hot Eels.

Getting to within a converted try, the Titans fell just short of the two points, but showed plenty of positives to take into next week's clash against Manly.

First half
    Despite the greasy conditions, it was a hard and fast start for both teams - as expected from the two quality outfits.

The Titans showed impressive, sturdy defence in the opening stages of the match, particularly from halfback Toby Sexton who skilfully defused a Mitchell Moses grubber kick into the in-goal, running his way out to safety in the 15th minute.

A number of tough carries helped the Titans get a fresh set of six in good-ball and Sexton was involved again, linking up with halves partner AJ Brimson with a well-timed dribble into the in-goal, although an ugly bounce prevented the Gold Coast five-eighth from getting the ball down cleanly.

The Eels were able to capitalise on the seven-tackle restart, going down the other end of the field to score first points through fullback Clint Gutherson.

More points came in the way of the Titans opposition in the 25th minute when a crafty right hand shift allowed for winger Bailey Simonsson to score his first four-pointer of the night in the right hand corner.

Parramatta were in for their third try in fortuitous circumstances when a Moses cross-field kick into the in-goal was juggled by Jarrod Wallace, subsequently losing possession for Gutherson to take advantage of being Johnny-on-the-spot to lead 14-0.

In the final minutes of the first half, Gold Coast fought tooth and nail to cross the white stripe with multiple attacking raids.

Brimson got within inches of the try line and a few plays later, David Fifita attempted to expose Parramatta's left edge by tipping on to Thompson, but to no avail, leaving the score at 14-0 at the break.

Second half
    Seven minutes into the second half, Ryan Matterson got his first points for the Eels on the end of a well-timed cut-out pass from five-eighth Dylan Brown, pushing the score out to 20-0... but then cue the comeback.

Attacking Parramatta's line, Cbus Super Stadium erupted in the 51st minute when Brimson had the ball on a string, dribbling it in for Phil Sami to dive on the ball and score first points for the home side.

There were more points for the Titans eight minutes later when dummy-half Erin Clark chased a fantastic kick, which was let go, cleaning up the scraps with his second four-pointer of the year.

In the 68th minute, fans were treated to Fifita's ferocious best... scooping up the ball 40 metres out and destroying anything in his path... going the distance to score a try to watch back and savour for days to come. Sexton's on target kick from out wide put the game within reach, only four points behind.

The Eels hit back through Brown, to put the margin back out to ten points, but with five minutes remaining; fan favourite Greg Marzhew - against his former club - ran over four defenders to plant the footy over the white stripe, setting up a grandstand finish in the final moments of the match with the deficit only a converted try.

Sadly, the clock beat the Gold Coast in the end, going down 26-20.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'd still have JC over Isaako when he's fit too. Isaako is a winger, has never developed a passing game, can't kick which means all he can really do is catch, run and tackle. But damn, we really need JC to put on a few kilos and work on his defence and positioning to get the best of him.

I vote for the security guard to replace Proctor.

Great game to be at. 1st half was terrible. 2nd half was full of hope. Streaker was awesome. Security guard going to be famous tomorrow. Eels fans are 2nd worst only to Broncos fans.

Night all.

PS members draw is rigged

PPS at what point can we point out that we had three successful challenges. Surely that screams bias or incompetence.

Proctor and Wallace shouldn’t play again, barring covering injury or origin call-ups.

McIntyre and Ese Ese should come into the team.

Also thought Sami played ok in the centres (I’ll admit i was concerned).

At least we went a game without any poor defensive reads by Herbert and Marzhew.

Was painful listening to Ennis carry on about Parra given he is on their coaching staff.

First Grader

Tino is going to be our captain for a looong time. They said in the press conference you’ve had 2 close games against the Eels now, how do you think you guys compare to them? He said I don’t want to sit here saying we competed well, I want to say we won. Justin laughed and said this is why I like him, he’s such a competitor. Tino didn’t crack a smile at all and looked genuinely upset to have lost. This guy is going to make this club successful

Had to laugh at the world's slowest chip and regather. Good on the kid for having a go but Phil Blake he ain't.
    He needs to set up a speed merchant or a blockbuster to follow those kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Tino is going to be our captain for a looong time. They said in the press conference you’ve had 2 close games against the Eels now, how do you think you guys compare to them? He said I don’t want to sit here saying we competed well, I want to say we won. Justin laughed and said this is why I like him, he’s such a competitor. Tino didn’t crack a smile at all and looked genuinely upset to have lost. This guy is going to make this club successful
    I do hope you're right Tits

The game was good to be at. Second half we had a real crack. Not sure if I like the captains challenge. It killed any flow of the game in the 2nd half. Proctor and Wallace were terrible tonight. Trying to milk penalties and just causing errors. They need to be replaced.

If only we could play more then 40 mins.. good fight back.. also just wondering, did anyone at the game notice when Paulo was in the bin for 10 mins and we had a scrum ( I think we had the ball) they had the exact same number of players on each side of the scrum (3 each side) shouldn’t they have 1 less?

Sami is not a centre. He scored a wingers try from centre, was his busy self for sure but never looked like making a line break. Marsters is what we need and Thompson perhaps at fb.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.