Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Sorry I couldnt comment yet. Drowning in things to do.

Let's just say that I am very very happy!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I too went to my first Skilled Park game since the Warriors semi in 2010 and was shocked to see how many empty seats there were. Loved the energy the boys played with and we dominated the majority of tackles in the match.

Agree with most of the commentary about the game. I thought Zillman was particularly good at something's and not so much at others. Anytime he looks to receive the ball from a pass going left to right he struggles. His bomb diffusion was excellent and he made metres on each attempt. Mead was off but maybe his sweat levels were off the chart, who knows.

Bird stood out and not only for the bleached hair. He terrorized them and was well supported by Taka and Gordon. Hard to give the 6 points out for the game as there were so many excellent contributors. I particularly liked when James decided to start throwing Raiders players around like rag dolls. Certainly lifted the crowd and the rest of the team when the Raiders were trying to get something going. I was sad that Robinson got binned after that tremendous chase on Zillman, not only because I'm not sure it was it was intentional and also because he's in one of my fantasy teams.

Anyway, Manly are next and We're in for a great game if their first two efforts are an indication. I hope the heat hasn't taken the sting out of us because I want to give it the Sea Eagles big time.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    He also should not of been caught when he made the dash from centre field. if he has put in 100% he would of made the try. Maybe he was injured/stuffed i dont know.

Zillman still outplayed Mead, which is good for Zilly.
    Was strange for him to get caught after such a big start...I don't know if he didn't put in or Robinson is supper quick...he just lacked the top end gear.
    Still, you can't take the break away from him as that was a 20 metre restart and was well read by Zillman...I can't remember who gave the ball...was it Mead?

As far as him outplaying Mead...I don't look at it like that.
    Mead normally shines in a losing side but didn't quite get as many opportunities as others but he still had a good game.
    I thought his defense on the wing was brilliant...saved more tries then others scored.

It's a safe feeling having both Mead and Zillman there to receive the high ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    It's a safe feeling having both Mead and Zillman there to receive the high ball.
    Yeah, that's one thing you can't deny Zilly. Very very rarely will you see him choke under a high ball. I can't recall the last time he dropped one.

With zilly, a subtle but clever thing he does,in our day games, stands west of where the ball will go, so when the bomb goes up he attacks with the sun at his back, not in his eyes.

Sandor tried to catch into that sun and coughed up in the 2nd minute, starting the rot.

That sun is a definite tool to be used in day games.

The funny thing is that in the press conference at the end a reporter asked Myles about 2nd man plays and he looked at Carty and laughed and looked back at Carty and said "Well we never train for that or do that kind of stuff".

Aaaah Carty and his defensive ways...
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 18-03-13 at 06:39 PM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Yeah, that's one thing you can't deny Zilly. Very very rarely will you see him choke under a high ball. I can't recall the last time he dropped one.
    How about the times where he just lets them bounce? v Sharks for example.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior Titan

Our forwards are all impressive.Love the way Ridge plays if he continues to play the way he has started the season rep honours will come his way.Really impressed with the way Myles and Bird lead the younger blokes around,Big test next week against Manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    Love the way Ridge plays
    We all love his solid defensive hits, awesome...but I was really impressed with a strong run and quick play the ball that set up an early try.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How about the times where he just lets them bounce? v Sharks for example.
    That game I also said I didn't see what all the hype was about Takairangi either. But I guess you get that when you have kids running around, doing their utmost to distract you from watching a game on TV. It must be bliss to watch a game uninterrupted..

Better question. How many times in a game does Zillman actually think about attacking the line and actually bother to find ways to score a try? Never is my response. So no point becoming mesmorised with his ball catching ability.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I may B the only one but Im a fan of zilly.... May not be the best attacking but when ever the ball is high I know its safe @ the back. He plays good when confident like @ the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Better question. How many times in a game does Zillman actually think about attacking the line and actually bother to find ways to score a try? Never is my response. So no point becoming mesmorised with his ball catching ability.
    Ease up, I hardly think anyone has been mesmorised by his ball catch ability.

If you noticed how critical I was towards him previously. I think this comment of mine might be the only praise I've given him since his 5 year deal was announced.

If you're not happy with Zilly. They could slip Micheal's in there instead..

Well played, well played, I'm very happy with the result! And what's with Birdy's hair? I missed that completely!
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Well played, well played, I'm very happy with the result! And what's with Birdy's hair? I missed that completely!
    Birdy along with Mead were involved with Shave for a Cure & instead of shaving they went for a new colour
    #itaintweaktospeak