Page 56 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast

Yep I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn’t go to Roosters

He also didn't even mention the Cowboys and didn't sound convinced about the Dolphins although he said a few nice things about them. Sounds like he was most impressed with our presentation and the Roosters. As GCTTSD said I think it is between us and the Roosters with the Roosters blowing us out of the park with everything they did. Hopefully the pull of family and the chance to be a leader at our club is greater then what the Roosters have to offer.
    Psmitty

Just watched the interview, he basically said he’s signed with Roosters. “Was looking at the roosters jersey during the presentation having goosebumps and thought **** i want to win a premiership in that jersey.” We’ve got no chance

Yea I got excited hearing what he said about us then back to angry and hating the rooster by the end of it. Hopefully the storm get in his ear about doing a Cronk im sure the whole NRL would rather him playing for us over the salary sombrero roosters

The way he talked up drinking he lost me as leadership material … can play 9 but needs a reality check.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just listened to the podcast. He may as well have sat there in his Roosters kit. The pulling power that club has is just ridiculous and guys like Politis and Bouris make the point of the salary cap redundant with how they can orchestate off-field endeavours that aren't even TPA's.

My gut instinct is a no on B Smith.
    I was already feeling this before his Coke kicking episode and I can’t believe he has come up smelling like roses so fast where he would have learnt nothing other than he is coated with Teflon (bad recipe).
    IMO he is an over rated 40 minute hooker who is now damaged goods….we’ll just have to be patient or get creative around this position.

Better off on developing our own. I don’t think Verrils would add anything

I also haven't been excited for B.Smith. He is a talent (Not a superstar) and a character but with some major blind spots. As soon as I knew he'd leave the Storm, I just couldn't imagine him in anything but a Rooster jersey. He is really simping hard for them.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

I have a gut feeling we end up with Robson somehow.

I don't understand how the Roosters pitch would be remotely enticing. Brandon Smith has already won premierships at Melbourne. What's the difference between going from one powerhouse club to another?

Wouldn't the Titans' and Tino's pitch be more appealing? Trying to turn a club like ours into a force? I would have thought even the Dolphins would be a better option tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Wouldn't the Titans' and Tino's pitch be more appealing? Trying to turn a club like ours into a force? I would have thought even the Dolphins would be a better option tbh.
    I guess it depends what type of person you are. Going to an established power house would make things easier and you'd always be in and around the hunt.

I'm not a professional NRL player, but I'd be interested in the two propositions you put forward. Especially as a Queenslander.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Better hope our halfs work out this season if we're going cold on B Smith or we'll have an entire spine to have to work out for 2023 and beyond.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Better hope out halfs work out this season if we're going cold on B Smith or we'll have an entire spine to have to work out for 2023 and beyond.
    Good point. Again we are talking up our chances based on some young potential.

First Grader

The Cows are shopping Reece Robson. Not sure on the injury front but he is a local