Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Banned

I hate this ref

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the question we should be asking, youth of the team aside, is: where has this enthusiasm been all year?

If we had played with anything near that intensity our season would have looked a lot different. I’m dreaming of this for next year.
    Hopefully now that they have had a taste of the Finals and have it snatched away in a cruel fashion it might instill some of that appetite.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Roosters v Titans Match Highlights | Finals Week 1, 2021 | Telstra Premiership | NRL

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Has anyone seen the presser? Holbrook looked as though he was hiding a lot of emotion through parts of it. Can tell it meant so much to him this game.

But he's created a team we can be proud of once again. And I know some people including me have been extremely critical of some of the decisions made during the season but look, the fact that he got this team to the 8 and then was able to get them up to compete to the death against the Roosters of all teams....I mean that's pretty huge. Everyone was saying we were only in it to make up the numbers and that we didn't deserve to be there....I was one of them....but we were one play away from proving all those doubters wrong. One play.

Chin up people, it's not all doom & gloom. If anything our young pack will take a lot out of tonight's loss. If we can snag a couple more good signings with Ash's money then that only adds more to the current crop that Holbrook has to work with for next year and beyond.
    Well said.

Gold Coast Titans Press Conference | Finals Week 1, 2021 | Telstra Premiership | NRL

Thanks DH, interesting hearing the Nein commentary after watching it on Fox (watchNRL.com)
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

After that kick in the in goal, maybe Isaac Liu could be our 6 for next year

First Grader

I hope Herbert is ok, he was really solid all game. Really hope he's got support around him

Referees have this crazy idea that you let the game flow. This is their excuse when one team feels hard done by.
    As much as I think that we certainly got the wrong end of the stick and that Adam Gee is a Knob , I have a bigger beef.
    The Bunker had six looks at the shoulder charge on Kelly , broken nose and blood flowing. Six looks and then said just a penalty. It was high, it was forceful, and it was careless.
    The match review committee will prove my point and give Verrills a few weeks.
    Steve Chiddy in the bunker deserves to be singled out as a bigger cheat than Gee.

We need to take the ref out of the game and capitalize on our opportunities which the roosters were better at.
    As has been talked about, we have no game management and we were lucky to get as far as we did without a pair of halves without game management.

Refs aside I think we were basically beaten by the class of Teddy and Radley simple as that.

We had a lot of things go our way not the least of which were Peachey’s grab and JWal’s try but that’s footy. Verrill’s shot wasn’t as spectacular as Mitchell’s but was just as culpable. I also hope Herbert, Thompson and Fifita have sat down and worked it out. One thing for sure, the team has grown in stature.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

After sitting on it over night yes obviously we should of won it at the end, yes the refereeing was suss. It was a valiant effort by the boys and I’m blood excited for the future. However we are absolutely a 6,7 and 9 away from really competing with the upper tier of the comp. We are a young team but we absolutely have no game management. The second a game gets tight I will normally just go well we won’t win. When the screws tighten whether it’s inexperience, non belief or just players not putting the team before glory we just are a Low IQ team.

Better days are ahead boys. Let’s hope AJ, Sexton and Turner nail down the 6,7,14 position next year. Most importantly I want to see our BEST 17 on the park every week so we can get the combinations settled. We chopped and changed so many times this year.

To summarise: pass the ****ing ball Herbert but that’s the game. Was great being involved with the forum this season. Here’s to 2022

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We will relive it for a long time to come but it won’t matter when the 5 year plan comes to fruition.
    Only 3 years to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I hope Herbert is ok, he was really solid all game. Really hope he's got support around him
    He will be feeling really down about it but it's the nature of our game. It can be cruel. It's hard to hold it too much against him in the heat of the moment. After he had a good game. I hope he and everyone else can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I also hope Herbert, Thompson and Fifita have sat down and worked it out.

Ultimately I'm somewhat satisfied that we were in the game and lost it in that fashion. At least as opposed to not being in the same galaxy.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, the Rugby League Gods are cruel. But one day the world will turn our way.