Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Dymock’s the man responsible for our defence and it’s an absolute joke. He should be the first one to go, with Proctor, Don, Sami, Wallace along with him.

I only hope Holbrook was watching Shaun Johnson and hurrys up to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Dymock’s the man responsible for our defence and it’s an absolute joke. He should be the first one to go, with Proctor, Don, Sami, Wallace along with him.
    Our defence has been **** for 10 years, no matter the defensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I only hope Holbrook was watching Shaun Johnson and hurrys up to sign him
    why would shaun want to sign with us after that ****, they’ll re-sign him now that him and Moylan are clearly their best halves combo.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Yep. His defensive structures are non existent, we are passive and soft in defence and our kick and chase has no chase.

For the first time ever in my life at any level I really have given up ... I’ll be writing to the Club when I’m more rational to voice my frustration.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    For the first time ever in my life at any level I really have given up ... I’ll be writing to the Club when I’m more rational to voice my frustration.
    That really sums things up, when a long standing loyal supporter of coast league gives up there is a problem.

I couldn’t be bothered venting as there is nothing to add to the comments already posted.

I turned off after our third set.

Fogarty’s clearing kicks on the first 3 sets, allowed the Sharks to start their sets near their 40 m line. Happens EVERY time.
    Then in defence on the first 3 sets, we absolutely walked up. It was then that I thought, for the sake of my mental health, I should go do something other than watch TV.

nothing really new in the presser. Just more disappointment from Justin.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 30-05-21 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yep. His defensive structures are non existent, we are passive and soft in defence and our kick and chase has no chase.
    If you can confirm for me that Dymock is coaching Wallace, Peachey and Proctor to continuously give away 6 again when we are defending in our red zone and coaching Don to shoot in from the wing and defend no-one then i will agree with you. Don’t like your chances as we have been ****e for years.

Does anyone go to training to watch? Is the defensive pattern on game day what is coached during the week or is the team doing it’s own thing on game day? I would like to know for sure if it’s a coaching or player issue.

I have stuck by this team since the start and this is the 1st time I’m questioning my membership for next year.. our defence has somehow gone backwards, our halves don’t look any good.. proctor and don is done.. we aren’t getting any players dropped because of form.. the team doesn’t even look like they want to defend, there’s no urgency.. things need to change

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    If you can confirm for me that Dymock is coaching Wallace, Peachey and Proctor to continuously give away 6 again when we are defending in our red zone and coaching Don to shoot in from the wing and defend no-one then i will agree with you. Don’t like your chances as we have been ****e for years.
    Are you Dymocks love child or something. Of course he does not coach players who gives away penalties but he sure is responsible for the lack of line speed, the defensive structures that allow the opposition to gain overlaps, our lack of domination in the ruck and the lack of the chase on kicks.

There are many defensive structures including having the winger shoot up out of the line but the gap is supposed to be covered by the inside players once the ball is moved passed them. The problem is Don fails to make the tackle when required and the inside players fail to cover the gap. As it happens all the time it can only be badly coached or the players lacking the ability and it is both

Anyone know how Campbell went this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Are you Dymocks love child or something. Of course he does not coach players who gives away penalties but he sure is responsible for the lack of line speed, the defensive structures that allow the opposition to gain overlaps, our lack of domination in the ruck and the lack of the chase on kicks.

There are many defensive structures including having the winger shoot up out of the line but the gap is supposed to be covered by the inside players once the ball is moved passed them. The problem is Don fails to make the tackle when required and the inside players fail to cover the gap. As it happens all the time it can only be badly coached or the players lacking the ability and it is both
    But our defence has been rubbish for years no matter who we have as our defensive coach. That's the part that gets me. I kinda think it's an attitude issue within the group personally. If you aren't willing to muscle up and work together defensively as a team then that comes down to attitude...imo. Just look at how the good teams play for absolutely everything, and they look tough and gritty when defending their goal-line (Roosters, Storm). They will scrap for absolutely everything. Whereas our blokes look as though they're afraid of getting their hands dirty.

It's either that, or we simply have not been properly coached to defend anything other than very basic attacking structures like those that the **** teams throw at us. Anything with a tiny bit of adversity though and we crumble.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 30-05-21 at 05:17 PM.

@GT101, Tweed had the week off in ISC. JC travelled with the team to Coffs and was on the sideline. As did Sexton.