Page 20 of 217 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Just can't believe some of the posts here.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Some of you have clearly learned nothing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    I’m not overly keen to get him and would much rather keep Arrow, but watch this and seriously tell me you wouldn’t be excited about having this guy on the team https://youtu.be/edZOdNHGU_g.
    We’re basivally his only option now so we shouldn’t have to break the bank to get him. Theres all this talk about him being a problem but he’s never had an off-field incident. He has a young kid now, and with Mal here he should be able to keep himself in line if he wants to stay in the Australian team.
    So what? I could post past highlights from Hayne, Peachey and Cartwright too. Did they improve under us? No. Why would Latrell be any different? The talk at the Roosters was he couldn't get on with the rest of his team, he's a **** trainer and he's a lazy player. We don't need to risk another signing like this.

**** me.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 28-11-19 at 05:43 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Just can't believe some of the posts here.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Some of you have clearly learned nothing as well.
    Just in case I’m one of those what I’m saying is to leverage this Mitchell situation to get Arrow’s signature.

Latrell is another player who's head isn't right. How many times do we have to keep on making the same mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Latrell is another player who's head isn't right. How many times do we have to keep on making the same mistakes?
    Yes, exactly. I know I sound furious in my posts (I am) because it's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes following the decisions of this club. We make the same mistakes year after year after year. We never learn.

Maybe because we actually have a good coaching staff now, I’m expecting the likes of Peachey and Cartwright to improve too. If you can get the best centre in the world for 500k then its a bargain, if its anything over 700k or if he wants to play Fullback then I’m not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Maybe because we actually have a good coaching staff now, I’m expecting the likes of Peachey and Cartwright to improve too. If you can get the best centre in the world for 500k then its a bargain, if its anything over 700k or if he wants to play Fullback then I’m not interested.
    If he signs for $500k, in which case he should sack his manager, he will be "home sick" after a year if we get him playing well again.

Put it this way, if we put Mitchell on Latu's ludicrous money, he couldn't possibly do less. But I am totally on board with the skepticism, this is a road we have absolutely been down before. Might be the most make or break deal the Titans ever do if it goes forward.
    Titans Proud, Titans Strong.

Can someone with a subscription please post this?
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/subsc...s&mode=premium

Mal Meninga says Titans won’t fund Latrell Mitchell’s Gold Coast vacation
    Peter Badel and Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    November 28, 2019 6:00pm
    Subscriber only
    FED UP: Tigers’ shock withdrawal from Latrell race
    PROFILE: Fijian flyer could be Brisbane’s weapon
    Mal Meninga will up the ante for Latrell Mitchell in the wake of the Tigers’ withdrawal but has warned the Kangaroos ace not to treat the Gold Coast as a high-paid holiday.

The saga surrounding Mitchell’s future took another twist on Thursday after the Tigers withdrew a $3.8 million offer for the disgruntled Rooster.

The Titans are now a leading contender to snare Mitchell after coach Justin Holbrook revealed his desire to bring the NSW Origin star to the Gold Coast.

Wests grew tired with being used as a pawn in Mitchell’s protracted contract drama and decided to pull out of the race, although the Tigers did not rule out reopening negotiations.

The Tigers’ decision opened the door for the Titans to make a play for Mitchell, but the Gold Coast would have to move mountains to fit his near $1 million-a-season asking price into their 2020 salary cap.

Meninga, pulling the strings as the Titans’ chief recruiter, said he wanted Mitchell at the Gold Coast, but only for the right reasons.

“We are in the picture for Latrell for 2021 and 2022, but it just depends on what happens with Latrell for next season,” he told The Courier-Mail.

“In terms of money, that’s not paramount for me. We won’t be winning a bidding war for him. I would like to get Latrell up and have a good chat to him.

“I’m interested but whether we progress to a formal offer depends on what Latrell wants for his football and his life in general. I want to gauge Latrell’s mindset and that will dictate how he plays and what’s important to him.

“I know family and his indigenous heritage is important to him but I also need to see what plan Latrell has for his football and how we can help develop him as a player and person for the long term.

“It’s important Latrell knows footy will have to come first at the Titans. Yes, the Gold Coast is a great place to live but it’s not a holiday up here.
    i
    “I want to know what Latrell wants to make him happy and how he can deliver consistent performances for the Titans.

“We want to be a successful club. We want someone at our club who will dedicate himself to the club and do all the right things and display the right habits.

“The lifestyle up here is only one aspect. Latrell has to be invested with his football too.”

The Titans know all too well about paying players huge salaries to have a holiday on the Gold Coast, having been burnt by a number of poor recruitment decisions over the past few years.

Holbrook helped develop Mitchell as a teenager at the Roosters and said the 22-year-old could be a revelation for the 2019 wooden spoon collectors.

“We all know what a great player he is,” Holbrook said.

“I know him well. I worked at the Roosters as an assistant when he came through and played there.

“The maturity and way he played back then as an 18-year-old having the confidence to back himself over whoever he was playing was a great attribute. You knew how good a player he was already.

“He’s a great player in the game and one I’m sure the club would be happy to talk to.

“I haven’t spoken to him so I don’t know where it’s at.”

Holbrook said he had not spoken to Roosters coach Trent Robinson about the circumstances surrounding Mitchell’s impending departure from Bondi.

Inactive User

^^^ off topic, I really wish our club would talk to the GC Bulletin scribes rather than the CM Drongoe Tools Badel/Meyn when they want to put a story out in the public domain.

I like Latrell when he's on fire, but we'd prove to be a basket case if we were to sign him.

Smart move ?? Maybe to make another offer difference not enough to move.

TITANS
    EXCLUSIVE
    Titans confident upgraded offer will hit target with Arrow

Author
    Michael Chammas
    Chief Reporter
    Timestamp
    Fri 29 Nov 2019, 12:34 PM
    Michael Chammas

https://twitter.com/michaelchammas/s...118684160?s=21

Gold Coast have upped the ante in their quest to retain Jai Arrow, proposing a revised and upgraded four-year offer to the star forward over the past 24 hours that could seal his signature.

The Titans still see Arrow as a priority, despite their interest in luring Latrell Mitchell north of the border, and are now going all in by upgrading their original offer to the Queensland forward to keep him at the club until the end of 2024.

NRL.com understands Arrow has indicated to club officials that his preference is still to remain on the Gold Coast.

While the Rabbitohs are yet to formally offer the 24-year-old State of Origin forward a deal for 2021 and beyond, the Titans have raised their bid in anticipation for what is likely to be put on the table in the coming days.

If Arrow agrees to a new deal with the Titans, it could close the door on Mitchell joining the Gold Coast in 2020 given the Titans are short on salary cap space.

However, if Arrow decides to link with the Rabbitohs in 2021, the Titans could entertain the prospect of releasing him from his final year of his contract to join the Rabbitohs in 2020 in the hope of freeing up cap space to secure Mitchell.

Mitchell is expected to tour the Titans facility early next week.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Happy for the time to be extended. Hope they stick hard on the cash offer though.

I think a question to be considered is “can Arrow win us a premiership or could Mitchell?”
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think a question to be considered is “can Arrow win us a premiership or could Mitchell?”
    I think Mitchell.. his a gamer breaker.. arrow can be good but the potential in Mitchell is what excites me.. I’m happy for either of them to stay/come