Page 24 of 217 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 124 ... LastLast

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...99b186249954e5

- - - Updated - - -

Walker not getting the $850k he wanted by Souths, pretty sure we were linked to him this year for a return home. Wonder if the club is looking at a swap with him an Arrow, if it where on the cards they both could seek an early release.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...99b186249954e5

- - - Updated - - -

Walker not getting the $850k he wanted by Souths, pretty sure we were linked to him this year for a return home. Wonder if the club is looking at a swap with him an Arrow, if it where on the cards they both could seek an early release.
    Quite possible. Wasn't MG saying not too long ago that we were interested in him?

Walker isn't worth $850 which is probably why he isn't being offered it.

He should settle for the $650K and be happy with it. ANother player that fell out of good footy after being dropped by the Blues.

Whilst he could be good in some ways, I definitely wouldn't offer Walker that sort of money. Think it's easy to forget he's in his 30's now because of how late he came onto the scene. But if we were to lose Arrow, which seems more and more likely, and Latrell doesn't want to come here, we could do a lot worse I suppose (player swap possibly?)

Rep Player

29, but close enough

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    29, but close enough
    Yeah would be 30 in January if we got him next year which is usually when player's start dropping in from their peak. Like JB made mention of, it was concerning how much his form really went down the gurgler after Origin time. Before it he was probably arguably the best in the comp but by the end he was very ordinary.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Walker isn't worth $850 which is probably why he isn't being offered it.

He should settle for the $650K and be happy with it. ANother player that fell out of good footy after being dropped by the Blues.
    The thing that I really like about Walker is that he is not Tyrone Roberts. But yeah I wouldn't think that he is worth more than 650k.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...856d92ddd70d41

Jai Arrow faces $600k pay cut to remain with Gold Coast Titans

Titans culture-and-performance chief Mal Meninga says he will not engage in a bidding war for Jai Arrow as the Queensland Origin ace faces a $600,000 sacrifice to remain on the Gold Coast.

Wary of the $1 million-a-season investment in halfback Ash Taylor that has put pressure on the Titans’ salary cap, Meninga is being fiscally prudent in his strategy to retain Arrow in the face of cashed-up Sydney raids.

The pursuit of Arrow is intensifying with South Sydney to meet with his manager David Riolo to formally table a multimillion-dollar package worth up to $850,000 annually from 2021 onwards.

Rival clubs Cronulla, Wests Tigers, the Dragons and Newcastle are also watching the Arrow contract situation closely.

The Titans are determined not to lose Arrow but Meninga is also mindful not to break the bank to retain the 24-year-old, as the Gold Coast learn painful lessons from the $3 million deal handed out in 2017 to Taylor, who has since struggled for form.

The Titans recently tabled a beefed-up offer to Arrow as evidence of his worth to the club, but the Maroons ironman could still earn an extra $150,000 per season in Sydney – a $600,000 bonanza over a four-year term.

Arrow, off-contract next year, is expected to finalise his future in the next fortnight and Meninga hopes the tough-tackling forward considers more than just his bank balance.

“I’ll be honest, the money for Jai is greater elsewhere,” Meninga said.

“I believe Jai wants to stay and we are working our way through it.

“Jai and his partner (Taylah) have to make a decision with his manager David Riolo on what is best for him. Jai has mentioned several times he and Taylah are a team and they will do what’s best for them.

“Obviously, we want Jai to stay, but we won’t be getting into a bidding war.”

Arrow is understood to be torn over his future.

He has family on the Gold Coast and has not forgotten the opportunity to play regular NRL at the Titans, who turned him into an Origin star after Arrow struggled to break through at his former club the Broncos.

But Arrow also has a thirst for a premiership ring and sustained success, with the competitor in him left deeply disappointed with the Titans’ wooden-spoon finish last season.

Meninga is adamant Titans bosses have valued Arrow accurately in accordance with the salary-cap pressures that confront every NRL club.

“We’ve offered Jai a deal until the end of 2024 and we feel it’s a good offer. He is already signed for 2020,” Meninga said.

“At the end of the day, we can’t match what Sydney clubs are offering and the danger is if we get into a bidding war, it could cost us the opportunity to keep some other local kids.

“We have to manage our salary cap wisely.”

Inactive User

Getting to the pointy end now

Immortal

Wonder how much of Souths Sydney's offer relates to third party agreements?

Inactive User

I find the supposed $360k a year “admin job” given to Sam Burgess to be an absolute rort. He’s being paid off to retire so they can go on a spending spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I find the supposed $360k a year “admin job” given to Sam Burgess to be an absolute rort. He’s being paid off to retire so they can go on a spending spree.
    So true mate. It is a rort. Get ready for arrow to depart and mitchell to sign lads. It's going to happen, I just can't see how we can compete with souths. It's starting to look ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    So true mate. It is a rort. Get ready for arrow to depart and mitchell to sign lads. It's going to happen, I just can't see how we can compete with souths. It's starting to look ominous.
    That's one step backwards, two steps backwards.

Jai is gone, from the horse's mouth.

Where did you hear that?